Open world pvp isnt dead on Durotan...

85 Orc Death Knight
Its a rarity. Yesterday's epicness proved that.

So on Saturday afternoon I just happened to be flying in Nagrand for ore and the Children's Week quest when the Local Defense channel started screaming that Halaa was being attacked. So instinctively i flew to Halaa to investigate. Sure enough, there were 3 Alliance players attacking guards and a fellow Hordie who later turned out to be a friend of said Alliance players. What followed next was a good hour and a half of back and forth between myself a holy pally named Holylit, and about 7 Alliance players all from Thralls Bane. Eventually they got smart and got a heals for themselves, but I thought it was a good fight. Its been far too long since I had done anything pvp-wise outside TB and random bgs.

Thank you Thralls Bane, holylit and the little wee goblin whose name i forget. I might have sounded tough and angry afterwards, and I apologize for the angry part; but I had fun nonetheless. Oh, and ty for the 22 Halaa battle tokens I got from ya as well.

I hope to see more of this situation pop up in the future and all. We may be a dead server to some, but we all can make it epic when we want too.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
im back, so i attack GS like everyday xD
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I've been noticing a bit more world pvp now.
Some Alliance will get together and attack the gates of Orgrimmar, or after a TB they'll stick around and we'll fight for a bit.
Of course, them being Alliance, they only really attack when they have the advantage and run away when they don't, but that's not the point. The point is that world pvp seems to be coming back and I'll gladly take it b/c it's fun as hell.
I remember way back when crossroads would be under attack and we would rally some Horde to go defend it. It's a little harder to do that now though, so keep it up Alliance. Hopefully, this'll spark a fire under the Horde's butt to get back into pvping.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
05/07/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Wrothgarr
Of course, them being Alliance, they only really attack when they have the advantage and run away when they don't, but that's not the point.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
Reply Quote
Only scrubs run.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
05/09/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Enemyz
Only scrubs run.

or stay stealthed... *cough*

just kiddin. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Screw it. Fight till ya die. (its not real ya know.just a long walk.) LONG LIVE WORLD PVP!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Its a rarity. Yesterday's epicness proved that. [snip epic battle description for brevity] I hope to see more of this situation pop up in the future and all. We may be a dead server to some, but we all can make it epic when we want too.

If anyone knows of a pvp realm that's reasonably balanced alliance/horde populations, and where world PvP like the above is a fairly typical activity, please share the realm name. I'm itcthin to get back on a realm where world-PvP is a common occurrance.
Edited by Bipolarogue on 5/20/2012 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
There is no world pvp anymore anywhere it's been dead for awhile, but just go to wowprogress and look at the horde-alliance ratios.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
world pvp is dead thanks in part to blizz.
making the guards op was a bad idea and they haven't done anything to adress it in this expansion.

not sure why they decided to change the guards in the first place
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
its alive i mean i scared all of og by running into ther capital and dying but they did all fly away
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
it is also kind of dead because i cant raid little camp in the southern barrens without getting killed by 85's
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]