How do you PvP as a Warrior

85 Tauren Shaman
It's enough to make me want to just quit. No matter what I do, it always ends in me being kited to death due to some wonderful combination of stuns, snares, and slows, all while watching the tryhard just backpedal away.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
paint if a warrior is kiting you your doing it wrong

While it is hard to learn to play a warrior and such You have to learn to accepct one on one There are classes you just can not beat
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I'm feeling the same way. I just fought a spriest and a frost mage there was no way in hell to win. With instant casts, shadow damage criting unbelievably with every dot, with their slows, fears, deep freezes, etc.

But like paintbrush said. There isn't a class out there that doesn't have trouble fighting another class. Yet it seems to be that WARRIORS have the worst survivability rate out of every single class out there.

I just don't understand why blizzard doesn't put their tiny brains together and say 'OMG warriors don't stand a chance to the majority of classes out there!' I mean. Last patch, NOTHING, NOTHING happened to warriors, yet almost every other class, if not all of them, got buffs. I mean, do they not even READ these forums?

I have to agree with you when it comes to hating warriors. There are times you destroy teams and then there are times you just get obliterated. I love my warrior, but when it comes to fighting mage/mage, or priest/mage, or feral/rogue, or pretty much any other damn comp out there, you're going to have troubles killing them.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
For how hard it is to stay on target the hamstring-rend- 3x ms to stack ltts up is just to much ramp up time, look at rogues, open on a target and bust out max damage instantly, why do warriors who dont have the cc/burst /stealth of a rogue need to have such a high ramp up time?

Either ltts stacking needs to be removed( no reason it shouldnt be with what rogues have) or charge should apply both hamstring and rend, meaing you can instantly get started on ms stacking.
Edited by Groph on 5/5/2012 9:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
does anyone have a problem with the fact that, us warriors blow GCDs trying to slow our target just to find out EVERY OTHER SLOW has an upper hand, so we waste a gcd to find out crip is on them or dks slows are on them, dam n just feels like we have the most inferior slow in the damn game
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
05/05/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Poofnut
does anyone have a problem with the fact that, us warriors blow GCDs trying to slow our target just to find out EVERY OTHER SLOW has an upper hand, so we waste a gcd to find out crip is on them or dks slows are on them, dam n just feels like we have the most inferior slow in the damn game

We DO have the most inferior slow in the game and come MoP even paladins will have a better slow than us since they can judgement and slow so no wasted GCD for them
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Warrior
There are two things you have to remember as a warrior that many other classes do not have to take into account, or do not have to focus on.

1) Gear. Several classes can pick up a Ruthless weapon and start ruining people straight away, because their play style focuses on sheer control or they derive damage from some source other than their weapons. That isn't an option for warriors, which are deliberately designed as the most gear-dependent class in the game. You will feel very weak and very vulnerable until you're wearing at least some Cataclysmic gear, and you will not see truly serious damage until you're using a 397 weapon or better.

It may not look on paper like there's that much difference between full Ruthless, half Cataclysmic, and full Cataclysmic, but I assure you, that difference is significant when you're actually in play.

2) Teamwork. Warriors are, like the Heavy in Team Fortress 2, flexible and dangerous in PVP with a large number of offensive and defensive tools, but our relative lack of recovery abilities means we are forced to depend on another player for support. You need a pocket healer or you're a glass cannon, full stop.

If you truly intend to get into PVP on a warrior and stick with it for the long haul, there is absolutely no reason to queue alone. Beg, bribe, borrow, seduce, scream, cry, buy, or demand that at least one healer friend follows you around in battlegrounds, and learn how to peel off of that person. If you are alone, find a healer in your group and fasten yourself to his shadow, as you are now his bodyguard. Playing a warrior in a battleground means you have voluntarily agreed to be a team player, and the moment you run off to smack around people in midfield, you've had an attack of the stupids and deserve the subsequent graveyard visit.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I love being a warrior, i definently depend on my druid friend, or my dk friend, or my mage friend. basicly anyone who follows with me, i do really really well. of course the priest is best! but i heavily depend on my friends.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Our slows are exactly the same as enhancement shaman. The only difference is they have a range root while ours is melee range. Other classes have passives which allows them to cc.
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Warrior
it can be rough. i feel like i spend 30% of my fight actually hitting something and 70% trying to get to it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
05/08/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Falconpunch
it can be rough. i feel like i spend 30% of my fight actually hitting something and 70% trying to get to it.

Try fighting a decent frost mage you'll never get 3 stacks of LttS
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Warrior
I didn't realize every pvp encounter is 1v1 with a frost mage. Warriors have amazing uptime on every single dps caster except frost mages, and (spoiler alert), no melee has high uptime on a frost mage.

The only other frustrating kiting class is a hunter, and they have their own slew of problems.

Not saying warriors are great, and mainly hamstring and stacking LttS are the biggest culprits, but acting like warriors have no time hitting anything is highly misleading.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Warriors are Fine, they really need a nerf if anything
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Shaman
^^Says the guy in full Cataclysmic gear. You're like 1% of the warriors who pvp that play this game. Most don't do arenas and get that kind of gear. So to those people who don't, it's a gigantic struggle against every single class they face.

If you're in full cataclysmic gear, and saying they're fine, then you obviously haven't tried much pvping in blue pvp (377) or the season 11 pvp epics.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
A warriors gear does not show his level of skill. He may be in full cata gear but if he finds that he can overpower similarly geared classes then I will 100% agree that we would need a nerf. I'm not exactly full cata yet myself but I am getting to that point where predictability plays a huge roll in a fight with another class, allowing me to, if I play my cards right, topple them (albeit with a huge amount of effort and planning). In similar gear situations, it should come down to the skill of the player to decide the outcome of the fight not his gear.
Reply Quote
A full cata gear warrior against any other class of equal skill level, even being a full season behind on gear will still lose, period. Warriors are pitiful this expansion, people just don't want to admit it. My DK is in season 10 gear, mage is in season 10, paladin is in season NINE, and druid is in season 10. If I see a warrior, I literally have zero fear of him even coming close to killing me, regardless of their gear.

Once people stop hanging on their "I'm an amazing warrior and I pwn in BGs" pride, then they can see how truly terrible of a class they really are compared to everything. Ret paladins, the once laughing stock of wow RIP warriors apart.

Disagree all you want, you're a skilled pr0 warrior and you're different. It's sad but true and all you can do is finally see once you play against someone remotely decent at their class which isn't warrior. Warriors have a small skill cap as well. What can you do? Focus charge, and... Focus throwdown? Grats you're now as pro as you can get in arena. GG warriors, R.I.P.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Keep hamstring up, keep mortal strike up and once he gets to 40% bladestorm and pray to god that he dies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]