New to your server & confused

71 Night Elf Hunter
I am new to your server and things just don't make sense so I hope someone can answer why I see so many new players on the server, a LOT of high-gear people in the cities, but the auction house is really weak. Usually on the high-population servers I see things like copper going for 80 silver each but on this server it barely sells at 25 silver each and there is a TON of the stuff. Is this a "new" server or one that was just merged?

Seriously, check out Lightbringer which is a busy server (alliance) and you can see what I'm talking about.

I'm not complaining, just curious about this servers history :)
Reply Quote
1 Worgen Warrior
There are very bad undercutters on this AH that would rather sell there item for 75% off then wait A day or two for the item to sell.anyone leaving this server could clean up by buying here and reselling on another server.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Well, that and this is an old old server that recently experienced a mass exodus so profound that it was demoted to new player. So, it's in flux right now.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Everything you wanted to know about early Khaz Modan is here:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Server:Khaz_Modan_US

As for my personal experience with Khaz Modan, we came here from Hellscream. Blizzard offered free transfers back in December 2005 to relieve players of the long queues to get online. The queues were so horrendous, I'd get home from work and log on just to make sure I could be in game in an hour for raid.

Horde got hit pretty hard with an exodus of guilds over the last two years. I don't know why Blizzard just doesn't merge a high-pop alliance server with a high-pop horde server. Though I'm sure at $25 a head, they don't mind the extra income when entire guilds transfer.
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks for all the info guys! The part about this server recently being on the "new players" explains why the starting areas are teaming with new people. So far I like the people I have met here, and your battle-group seems a lot more competent than most, so I think I will stick around for a while :)

Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I have certainly noticed a large number of lowbies scurrying around lately. Our tag jumped from "New Players" to "High" in a short period of time and we were... very confused.

It's possible that we seriously did get a lot of new players recently. I'm curious to see what we can do with the new blood come Pandaria.
Edited by Sebasi on 5/6/2012 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
You should have seen the start zones, they were teaming with babies, but oddly most of them were trial accounts, so they never spread out of those zones. I hadn't seen that many people in silvermoon since it was new. It was crazy.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
The only problem is every 30 seconds you get a lvl 12 warrior with int gear on whispering you for gold to buy new armors and glowy sword.
Reply Quote
46 Human Paladin
I am one of the newbies that joined Khaz Modan because it was listed for new players. Unfortunately I have been unable to find a cohesive group around my level to dungeon with. I feel a bit behind the curve.

To Terminator's point, I have not asked anything of my fellow players but advice.
Edited by Ganesha on 5/8/2012 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Keep looking, they're out there. :) Lot of us just level instead of group level, but there are large swaths of people usually willing to help out. Different guild maybe?

Be aware, there are likewise a whole gaggle of troll bads who exist purely to be parasitic gen chat leaches and suck your will to live because your misery feeds their soulless existence. Probably steer clear of them.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 04:58 AMPosted by Amastrasza
Be aware, there are likewise a whole gaggle of troll bads who exist purely to be parasitic gen chat leaches and suck your will to live because your misery feeds their soulless existence. Probably steer clear of them.

On the horde side we call them "Mayhem"
Reply Quote
46 Human Paladin

Slightly related, I've used the dungeon finder three times so far and twice had one miserable soul who ruined the party and we never finished. Third time was a no-drama group but also almost no communication. Is this the norm? Do I have to either be annoyed or lonely playing with others?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
In LFG... yes. That's normal.There seems to be only two kinds of LFG queue party:

Terribads that all queued as a spec they don't actually play to skip the queue timer, then berate you for sucking because they can't heal you/keep aggro, with the one DPS troll who is openly verbally abusing everyone, because you just kicked the last guy and there's nothing you can do about it.

And the reasonably non fail group who doesn't acknowledge your existence, each other's existence, or in anyway communicate. You're fairly sure they're robots, but you git 'er done so you don't complain THAT much, but man, how boring?

Most of both of these types of people are from other servers, which is why they act that way - they'll never have to see you again so why be nice to you? It's rude.

I personally at least say hi, let the fail tank/healer eff it up their way first then offer some advice, and congratulate people when they escape certain doom by demonstrating acceptable levels of non fail. Or I did... before i stopped randoming because I had no reason to.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
05/09/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Mandingò

On the horde side we call them "Mayhem"

They're just a bunch of misunderstood sweethearts.
Reply Quote
46 Human Paladin

Most of both of these types of people are from other servers, which is why they act that way - they'll never have to see you again so why be nice to you? It's rude.

Interesting, I did not realize the dungeon finder was across servers. I assumed they were fellow Khaz Modan residents. That does make a little more sense of the experience I am having. "If you cannot play with them again, why bother?" I suppose.

All the more reason to find a group on Khaz Modan to dungeon with. I am nervous that if I do not dungeon much before 85, then even at 85 nobody will want to play with me due to inexperience. Guess that is what I get for coming so late to the party. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
You mean like the ret pally in full Merciless gear that queued to tank our heroic and was confused as to why he was not successful? That was fun.
Reply Quote
Merciless Gear meaning Season 2 pvp gear at level 85?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
No, whatever the last seasons pvp gear was. i are fail at teh pvps.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I've got toons on a several servers and recently came over here to pvp with an old friend. I have noticed the same thing. I was thinking to myself that there were a hell of a lot of leveling toons hanging out in SW. I figured everyone was bored and were working at on making new alts. Now, thanks to this thread, I understand. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]