Human population in Northrend

90 Draenei Paladin
Trying to dig up some information on the background of native humans in Northrend. From the research I've done, other than newcomers during the war against the Lich King, it sounds like there wasn't much left. Valgarde sounds like the only human population center (actually, Alliance as a whole) prior to more recent times. Sounds like a lot of humans lived on Dragonblight but they were all plagued/scourged.

I want to RP my one character as having Northrend origins, but it sounds like that might not be entirely possible? Actually, a timeline of events in WoW would be helpful to see how long ago humans lived there...
Edited by Theothoristu on 5/7/2012 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
The Canadians of Azeroth. We hardly knew ye.
Reply Quote
Humans who live in Northrend are mostly pirates, trappers, and other fringe society dwellers.

Excepting those of course who are with the Kirin Tor, Dragonsworn, Twilight's Hammer, Alliance military, or Scourge.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Trying to dig up some information on the background of native humans in Northrend. From the research I've done, other than newcomers during the war against the Lich King, it sounds like there wasn't much left. Valgarde sounds like the only human population center (actually, Alliance as a whole) prior to more recent times. Sounds like a lot of humans lived on Dragonblight but they were all plagued/scourged.

I want to RP my one character as having Northrend origins, but it sounds like that might not be entirely possible? Actually, a timeline of events in WoW would be helpful to see how long ago humans lived there...

Technically all humans have northrend origins as humans are deformed Vrykul which was a side affect of the curse of flesh on the vrykul people. "humans" who were not killed were brought south to the eastern kingdoms. Humans didnt appear back in northrend until yjeu ventured their on exploration from the Eastern Kingdoms
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Technically all humans have northrend origins as humans are deformed Vrykul which was a side affect of the curse of flesh on the vrykul people. "humans" who were not killed were brought south to the eastern kingdoms. Humans didnt appear back in northrend until yjeu ventured their on exploration from the Eastern Kingdoms

WTB Retcon.
Reply Quote

WTB Retcon.

Retcon why would you want lore retcon'd?

I think humans being descendant from 10ft tall bad @ss vikings to be awesome :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Retcon why would you want lore retcon'd? I think humans being descendant from 10ft tall bad @ss vikings to be awesome :P

Even better, the humans get the last laugh in this regard. The humans are one of the two most dominant species on Azeroth (the orcs being the other) while the Vrykul spent their time getting curbstomped by both the Horde and the Alliance.

Who's the weaker species now??
Edited by Lochnar on 5/7/2012 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

WTB Retcon.

Retcon why would you want lore retcon'd?

I think humans being descendant from 10ft tall bad @ss vikings to be awesome :P

...Deformed Vrykul. ME NO LIKEY.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I wish there was a timeline out there somewhere that was coherent. Hard to make up backstory for an ykind of character without knowing simple details.

Still, humans had to be pretty widespread in certain areas before a Scourge army could be made in Northrend. Just don't know what timeframe that would be. Warcraft III-ish?
Reply Quote
Indeed. As I said, Northrend did have populations of humans... mainly trappers and people who wanted to live outside of the reach of Stormwind and Lordaraeron

Basically Australia
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
05/07/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Drewan

From my understanding, there were indeed Humans in Northrend for some time (exact numbers aren't known, but but I'm sure the existence of Northrend hasn't been a great mystery for several generations). It's just that there never was any major settlements or anything approaching a civilization or Kingdom. Those that did exist were easily and quickly wiped out by the Scourge and probably used as part of the undead army against the Nerubians.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
05/07/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Lochnar
Retcon why would you want lore retcon'd? I think humans being descendant from 10ft tall bad @ss vikings to be awesome :P

Even better, the humans get the last laugh in this regard. The humans are one of the two most dominant species on Azeroth (the orcs being the other) while the Vrykul spent their time getting curbstomped by both the Horde and the Alliance.

Actually there is 3 dominant races on Azeroth. Humans, Orc and Forsaken.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/story-so-far/chapter-4/5

According to the History of Warcraft, Ner'zhul killed every human in Northrend. This occurred some time after Beyond the Dark Portal (Year 8) but before the War of the Spider (Year 18).
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Saggymaggy

Forsaken are not a species. They are a a group of Lordaeron human's raised into undeath in some gross semblance of life

A species is : A group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or breeding to produce fertile offspring
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Drewan
Forsaken are not a species. They are a a group of Lordaeron human's raised into undeath in some gross semblance of life

Don't forget their horribly shrunken population, even with the Valkyr.
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Saggymaggy

The Kaldorei wish to have a word with you
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
05/08/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Aurriastraza

He said current, night elves had been isolated forest hermits for how long?
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Onimontu

He said current, night elves had been isolated forest hermits for how long?

They're still a major race. Certainly more so than Forsaken
Reply Quote
86 Troll Warrior
woah woah...

TROLLS are the most dominant race on Azeroth!
well they were until 4.1...
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
On the general idea of having a Human character with roots in Northrend, there's nothing terribly wrong with it. It's just important you either left before Ner'zhul started massacring all the humans in Northrend, or escaped before they were completely overrun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]