How would you rate this server?

87 Orc Hunter
Hello,
I am looking for some ratings on this server. Please rate the following on a scale of 1-10 where applicable. (1 being terrible and 10 being excellent) Or give an honest opinion.
Thank you
1. Server is alliance or horde heavy?
2. How is the economy?
3. How is the population?
4. How active is this server in general?
5. What is the average player skill in Dungeons and Raids?
6. Is this server full of a bunch of elitist jerks?
7. How active, friendly and helpful are the best Raiding guilds?
8. How active, friendly and helpful are the best Casual guilds?
9. How active, friendly and helpful are the best PVP guilds?
10. Give an overall rating form 1-10 on this server.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
This server is bad do not come here. It is a 1
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
0 it's that bad.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
tbh its a 3/10, 1 is possible if those that are ignorant and just think of it being as pure bad. I don't recommend coming here though,

NP,
Madwell
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Alliance

2. How is the economy?

Horde side isn't bad

Horde side is pretty empty except around 6-10ish tues/thurs

Pugs happen still, not nearly as much as other servers but they still do sometimes.

Dungeons? (DF makes this irrelevent) Raids? (Top guilds are average, with a lot of below average guilds as well)

I'd think not.

Top5 then? Top10? I don't know, nobody even talks to other guilds as far as we know.. for us i suppose, full circle ranks as... not active, jerks (but funny), not helpful lol
Other guilds apparently do other things like achieves, alt runs, etc. So i'd assume they were more active/helpful etc.

In my experience, they are more friendly and helpful atleast.

We have pvp guilds? -_- (i don't know about this question)

3/10 is generous.

It's a server, it's not completely dead.. but to go here is to basically pigeonhole yourself into a situation where you have very very few options when it comes to what kind of gameplay you prefer.

Honestly, go somewhere else if you want to raid, guilds that kill HM deathwing with 2 debuffs-4debuffs later are really irrelevant if you want to really play seriously.

If you want a strong pvp guild try a pvp server with some relevance.

If you want to play casually from time to time, and don't mind being on a small server.. go for it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Horde side can't seem to ever have a PvP guild last for more than a couple weeks :-P

Counterpoint and Sin With A Grin have quite a few good players ally side, and everyone I've talked to from them seemed friendly and nice :-)

Personally I love this server :-) but it's not the most active, and only 3 guilds (all Alliance) have downed Heroic DW last time I checked :-P

If you're looking for World First's and a 2600+ rating, I'd say keep looking, but if you want a friendly, fun server, and a chance at trying to be a "big fish in a small pond", Shadowsong is a nice place to live :-)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Servers are down.... *rage*
Anyway

Alliance
2. How is the economy?
Both seem pretty healthy, if you're looking for cheap xmog gear, its def not here.
I've run with 3 other guilds since I xferred here last year. Most pugs I've been on have managed to force their way thru DW or whatever boss they're attempting. The only raid I've seen fail miserably is H-FL as you still kinda have to know what you're doing.
Its active if you know where to look. Granted its not Illidan with 10k ppl in Dal on Wed at 2pm but you can generally find people doing/selling/running stuff.
Yumcake summed this one up pretty well.
There are some. Bunch? Naw. Just dont ever trust something you heard in trade, odds are its wrong.
I can really only speak for Icon in terms of this one but I know myself and some others help people do stuff, (gear/spec/gem or even run a bunch of lowbies I've never met thru Ring of Blood.) If you're not a jerk when asking a question, we don't tend to be jerks back. Put your foot in your mouth about something and you'll hear about it for a while.
Most that I've encountered are very helpful, willing to level you, do runs, achievement stuff ect.
I'm with Yumcake on this one, haven't really seen a pvp guild on Horde. Learned that one when I was trying to set up an RBG team lol
I'd give it a 5, mostly because I <3 Icon and am glad to have come here. I've played on med-high pop before (Bleeding Hollow) and found most people to be complete jerks. The people I've run into on this server are generally good-hearted if a bit mislead and I know I'll be calling this server home for quite a while.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
this server is so bad that people that quit and or left the server still come to these forums....
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

Horde side can't seem to ever have a PvP guild last for more than a couple weeks :-P

Counterpoint and Sin With A Grin have quite a few good players ally side, and everyone I've talked to from them seemed friendly and nice :-)

Personally I love this server :-) but it's not the most active, and only 3 guilds (all Alliance) have downed Heroic DW last time I checked :-P

If you're looking for World First's and a 2600+ rating, I'd say keep looking, but if you want a friendly, fun server, and a chance at trying to be a "big fish in a small pond", Shadowsong is a nice place to live :-)

Don't include those guild's names and "good" in the same sentence unless you're saying that they "aren't good." thanks
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
05/08/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Geist
this server is so bad that people that quit and or left the server still come to these forums....

Hate to burst your bubble, but the server and its forums are different things altogether. You can quite easily think the server blows and find some entertainment on the forums. That said, the forums here have been pretty stale for a long time as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Alliance

2. How is the economy?
hm... I think its ok. depends I guess if you are buying/selling and what market you are in really.

I think we are classified as medium population server. We are however a day 1 server, so there are a lot of people who are here have been here for a long time.

Alliance side seems fairly active. Can't speak for horde

That depends. Often it depends on who was screening and forming the groups to tell you the truth. I've organized some alt runs for guildies and filled in a couple of spots with pugs and still did just fine. Back before LFR, I use to organize 25 man gold dkp runs with 15 guildies + 10 pugs and we usually can clear most content in under 3 hours (baring the ones where you really need to know what you are doing such as LK, rags).

No. There are a few, that you might not mesh with. Just get to know people and you will know who you like and not like

I think there is a give and take on all the guild related questions. If you mesh with your guildies, they are more likely to help you. If you get to know them they are more likely to help you. I can't speak for other guilds only us, and we screen all members for not only gear but personality fit also. I would say that for the most part, we're a reasonably friendly bunch :)

Don't really know any so can't say

Don't really know any so can't say

I have been here since I first started playing (vanilla) so I'm probably biased. I like it here, but the truth is I like the group that I play with and wouldn't leave to get to a "better server" because honestly the people I like are all here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Shadowsong is the worlds leading in everything PVE and PVP.
Reply Quote
This server is Deezz/10
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
05/08/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Macnessa
This server is Deezz/10

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h383/Gutterott/Macnessa/mac_n_cheese.jpg
Reply Quote
Lol
Reply Quote
1. Server is alliance or horde heavy? Alliance

2. How is the economy? Alliance side is decent - arbitrage profits to be made if you have a horde toon :)

3. How is the population? Low, but picking up lately

4. How active is this server in general? Low activity

5. What is the average player skill in Dungeons and Raids? Lower than other raiding servers. Top guild on the server still isn't completing the raids in the same period of time

6. Is this server full of a bunch of elitist jerks? Some but that is the same on any server, or anywhere for that matter.

7. How active, friendly and helpful are the best Raiding guilds? Friendly and helpful.

8. How active, friendly and helpful are the best Casual guilds? Friendly and helpful.

9. How active, friendly and helpful are the best PVP guilds? Unknown, there is no pvp on this server... lol.

10. Give an overall rating form 1-10 on this server. 5
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Orgrul
This server is Deezz/10

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h383/Gutterott/Macnessa/mac_n_cheese.jpg

Obvious DC from me there due to the proximity bug. I never would have not released otherwise in time for you to take that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Obvious DC from me there due to the proximity bug. I never would have not released otherwise in time for you to take that.

For sure. There's no way you got in the "proximity" of my amazing Obliterate-spamming skillz, and then were too busy crying at the keyboard to release.

In other news, all my future deaths (and retro-actively, my past deaths), were due to the proximity bug (or lag). I've never actually died! ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
lol gutter you need to stop leaving the battle other people are doing it now, tell anastaia that she is not good enough to leave the battle when she is about to die
Reply Quote
http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii640/Doompa/?action=view&current=LOLGutt.jpg

For the 36th time I had to kill you personally
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]