Best Hunter PvE Spec?

90 Undead Hunter
What is the best hunter pve spec, survival or marksman?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Survival.

Marksman is horrid unless you are amazing at running a perfect rotation and a pro at aspect switching.
Reply Quote
I play marksman 100% of the time for pvp.

In PvE following the rotation I did 20kish dps. As survival following the rotation I did about 27k.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
In decent gear with 4 piece T13. A hunter with at least an iLvl of 390 should be able to pull off 38k DPS on Ultraxion LFR doing a simple rotation of:

Rotation:

I'll do it by countdown to start:
10: Misdirect to tank
7: Pre Call of the Wild
6: Dismiss current pet
4: Call new pet
1: Prepot

Start!

Then rotation becomes:

SS>ES>BA>CS>CS>AS>AS>CS>ES to Proc 4Piece T13

From there the fight becomes situational depending on procs, and focus.

Lock n' Load:

If under 20 Focus: ES>.4sec Delay>ES>CS>ES

If under 50 Focus: ES>AS>ES>CS>ES

If over 50 Focus: ES>AS>ES>AS>ES
Reply Quote
I've tried both Marksman and Survival. Hell, I leveled with Survival and to be honest, it's my understanding that it is currently the better spec for pve, but I still run Marksman.

Lately in LFR, I've been coming out at the top of the chart (even pulling ahead of all SV hunters that outgear me), so I'd say it's really a matter of preference. Whichever you enjoy playing as is fine.

I've also ran as BM, and usually pull 25-30k with it. My ilevel is 388 currently.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Lock n' Load:

If under 20 Focus: ES>.4sec Delay>ES>CS>ES

If under 50 Focus: ES>AS>ES>CS>ES

If over 50 Focus: ES>AS>ES>AS>ES

I could be wrong, but I thought that you could spam 2 ES without clipping the first, then use a CS then the last ES.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
05/07/2012 11:50 PMPosted by Bloodbliss
I could be wrong, but I thought that you could spam 2 ES without clipping the first, then use a CS then the last ES.

Two ExS back-to-back will not clip, but the third will. The rotation you quoted is suboptimal because it delays putting ExS on cooldown by at least 0.4 seconds and at most 1 second per LnL cycle. This will reduce the total number of ExS you are able to fire in a given encounter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]