This isn't to brown nose or anything but...

85 Human Warrior
Drak Thul Knights is one of the best and most helpful guilds I have ever been in. And, it's not like I haven't been in a lot of guilds. Cause I have been in I wanna say over 20 guilds, not silly level 1 guilds made by some random guy serious progression guilds. But that is besides the point, the point is this: DTK is in my opinion the most helpful non elitist guild with a family feel and if you are looking for a guild that raids and you're not a total moron or a troll then you should seriously think about joining.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
DTK is the greatest raiding 101 guild.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
But we are trying to progress to raiding 102 (Don't stand in the fire) . . .
Edited by Aeneus on 5/8/2012 10:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
It's raiding 103 (spread out, stack up) that REALLY challenges a budding raid team.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I've never been in DTK, but my wife and I have known Theroz for a while and he's always been a great guy. So it just makes sense that if the leadership is great, then the guild as a whole is most likely going to be great too, and with DTK that is definitely the case.

However, just like us, DTK is a friends and family only guild. This means you really need to know someone already in the guild who will request an invite for you, or else you will have a hard time getting in. I've found them all to be friendly though, so if you take the initiative to introduce yourself to some of the members, getting to know them and conveying yourself as a (1) nice and (2) mature person, then I'm sure someone could get an invite that way.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I know nobody cares and all, but I feel like i need to tell a story of how I ended up here.

I started playing mid-late wrath. Met Opeum (warrior) who was GM of Azeroth's Most Wanted on ally. In ~September 2010, we decided we wanted to seriously progress in pve, and needed to move on. We disbanded AMW, and the two of us tried out nearly every large raiding guild on the server. Some, such as New WoW Order, lasted a couple days; others such as EP only a couple hours. He went to horde where he was hoping to get into Art of War. Right before he transferred horde in early October, we pugged into a very young DTK black temple run. We were very impressed with their environment, and I stayed on ally side for an additional six weeks raiding with DTK on this druid before joining Opeum on horde side (in srs bsns :D)

I immediately missed DTK, and levelled my dk in November 2010 to continue to hang out with them. When I went back ally to try out Darkspear in August 2011, I spent a weekend in DTK to reminisce. I came back to Drak'Thul in November, rejoined DTK immediately, and haven't looked back since. As long as I'm playing wow, I'll have toons here :)
Reply Quote
Never been in DTK myself, but I don't think I've ever had a problem with any of its members.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
All of your noses are brown.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Mine is white.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
05/08/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Mattick
It's raiding 103 (spread out, stack up) that REALLY challenges a budding raid team.

Wait, we have to move? Tell me more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i'm not a fan of this "DTK" .... >_<

i like that low lvl guild "Kailan Fans" ^_^

*hugs
Kai
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
05/10/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Kailan
i like that low lvl guild "Kailan Fans" ^_^

Hey, I have a toon in that guild! I like the tabard, it's the reason i joined :D

/hug
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
*Sips Tea*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
So... I'm here sitting in my office, pretending to be working and almost caring about my job, sipping coffee and browsing the Drak forums when I find this this thread. I have to completely agree with it as well. Last night I had the opportunity and the pleasure of pugging into a run with DTK. It was a really fun run and you could tell that the raid group was chill, but still put time and effort into raiding. Props.

I so have two minor complaints though...

(1) Noone was smart enough to stand in fire for the increased damage buff.
(2) Noone seemed to know that standing in tornadoes on Hagara gives you a haste buff.

Seriously though, it was a great run and good times. I had never ran with DTK before but now in looking forward to running with em again.

-Aruru
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
right on bro thanks for comin as well. Also i appreciate your patience with our group we had 2 new people and we are not usually optimistic when it comes to pugs and new players. So 2 new people and 1 pug we assumed it would be a long night but it turned out pretty good.

I'll be sure to keep yah in mind gratz to the other two who did pretty well for their first time in heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

(2) Noone seemed to know that standing in tornadoes on Hagara gives you a haste buff.

I tried lifegripping people into it for the buff but they keep running out. Perhaps I should try and ask Volios for some theorycrafting advice on proper lifegrip technique. My number of kills have gone down since Firelands, and people have come to expect Body & Soul when running toward ice waves on Hagara.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I tried lifegripping people into it for the buff but they keep running out. Perhaps I should try and ask Volios for some theorycrafting advice on proper lifegrip technique. My number of kills have gone down since Firelands, and people have come to expect Body & Soul when running toward ice waves on Hagara.

He'd just tell you to lifegrip your other healers during big heals.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
05/31/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Janaire
He'd just tell you to lifegrip your other healers during big heals.

That's why you guys rock, always thinking outside the problem. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
06/01/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Lunarlife
I asked Volios for helped with Evangelism and he told me it works a lot better if you use smite on the players. Might try that Aeneus?

Too bad I could never stand the AA/A play style. But for you, I might make an exception. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]