Request for Free Character Migration Service

90 Blood Elf Mage
After talking to a GM in game about what qualifies a server for the free migration service he recommended I make a thread on our realm forums to petition for it.

I encourage all players to contribute POSTIVITELY to the thread. If you want to troll or just QQ please save us all our time and just go back to trade chat.

My reasoning for requesting this service is that Dragonmaw has deflated in size over the past 2 years. When I start playing in WoTLK I remember there would be a wait time to get in. The population on the server has dropped and people continue to transfer off in hope of finding a place where the grass is greener.

Correct me if I am wrong on any of my numbers. Especially for pvp hopefully someone that does arenas/rbgs could provide more precise numbers. Below is my reasoning why Dmaw needs this service.

ATM there is only 1 25man raiding guild left to my knowledge (All the other 25s went 10man, server xfered, disbanded, or have gone inactive). I think Crossing might have a 25man run but all their information is in Chinese so I’m not sure. If you look at the end of ICC there was over 20 active 25mans. There were around 12 active 25mans at the end of tier 11 and roughly 10 active 25mans at the end of tier 12.

The amount of ten mans is quite hard to judge for a few reasons. Since I am using wowprogress as a reference it has a lot of the 25mans listed in the ten man section as well because they killed the bosses on both 10 and 25. Comparing the amount of 10 mans today to 10 mans in WoTLK would be awkward due to the different lockout systems. However I can say that the amount of raiding guilds has decreased in both 10 and 25 man formats. In addition to the decrease in raiding guilds there has been a bigger decrease in guilds that even want to push heroic content. It seems most raiding guilds are content with farming normals and never pushing heroics. This puts competitive raiding guilds in an awkward spot since there is no competition.

The lack of raiding guilds makes it hard for people to find a guild. If people wanted to raid 25 mans on Dragonmaw they really have no choice. This lack of guilds has caused people to transfer off. And the loss of people on the server has made it hard for guilds to recruits. This had lead to a large portion of the 25mans to go 10man.

There is little to zero alliance activity on the server. I don’t play alliance but from what I read/hear it seems dead. I never see any alliance players say anything on the realm forums besides "alliance is dead" when they are talking about the alliance side. Upon looking at wowprogress I assume there are 2 active 10man raiding guilds. Wowprogess says the horde to alliance ratio is 1/.46 but it feels a lot lower than that.

The economy is trashed. There is a shortage in supplies/mats. There has been countless times since Firelands came out that I tried to make consumables for my guild and have bought out the entire auction house and had to wait for more mats to come in. The AH has little novelty goods (such as TCG stuff) when compared to other servers. Our prices are higher overall due to the lack of sellers.

Finding a good pug is a rare occurrence. There are little pug runs and there are fewer successful pug runs than the Wotlk days. Most pugs break up after a wipe or two and some handle loot in a shady manner. The population might be classified as “medium pop” but it most certainly is not that. A large portion of the population are casuals that keep to themselves and probably have never step foot into end game content (which is fine by me, to every man his own). There is little to zero activity. Our trade chat has degraded to the level where I could have a more intelligent conversation in an elementary school cafeteria.

RBG groups are another example of the bad pug scenario left on Dragonmaw. People struggle to put together a group that is even close to 1700. The real id system has caused people to “outsource” pvpers just so they can play at a slightly higher level. The arena group is even worse. I do not arena but what I have been told by a long time (ex glad) pvper in our guild the group is horrible. It is not uncommon to play the same team over 5 times a night. This poor pvp scenario has caused countless players to transfer to higher pop realms such as tichondrius in hopes that they can go further in pvp. As previously stated I hope more active pvpers could expand this topic.

As previously stated this is a serious thread in an attempt to breathe some life into Dragonmaw. I personally don’t care what the population is on the server as I keep to myself for the most part. But my guildies and friends care and that’s enough for me to step up and take action. It seems no one else ever wants to seriously try to help, everyone just QQ’s and cries about how the good old days were better. Stop crying and start posting actual useful information so blizzard can help us help Dragonmaw.
Edited by Spághetti on 5/9/2012 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
+1
They are probablyat the point where they should just merge several low pop servers together.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
+1
They are probablyat the point where they should just merge several low pop servers together.

As much as I do agree with you this isn't the place for such a suggestion. This thread isn't to propose ways to blizzard but rather make use of methods blizzard already has, in this case the free character migration service.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
+1

you have my support on this.

Don't know the stats on horde, but ally dragonmaw has nothing going for it atm... going to try and bring back alliance into the scene again for mists.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Spag hit all the main points, all i personally can say is that i miss having other 25s to compete with and allies to kill while i'm about my business.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Bad
All your points are more or less correct.

The game is going to be in a lul until new content is released (MoP) meaning it's going to become harder and harder to recruit good players since most have homes they are happy with, or are taking a break/quitting.

Since Dragonmaw's population has shrunk so much, it's definitely not a prime choice for potential paid transfers since (like spaghetti said) there's very few options available.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I concur. Even with the release of the expansion a 30% increase of players for 3 months will not restore the realm to where it was. History has shown these people will quit as soon as they get bored again.

You mentioned you came here during WotLK. However, since TBC we have been bleeding people left and right. I definitely understand what you are shooting for here. A realm migration service would drastically improve all aspects of the game for us. Unfortunately it feels like we have lost so many people that we won't get enough constructive comments to make this thread as useful as intended.

I've been on this realm since ~June 2008, wouldn't mind staying here... I feel that in Dragonmaw's current state I am very, very hesitant to bring Sunset back. In a strictly business perspective(Blizzard) it is financially sound to allow players to become fed up with the current status of this server and others like it, pay $25 to transfer to Illidan and receive all the fun they pay monthly for. If memory serves me correctly the last free migration was OFF Dragonmaw in 2008, ~September/October. I think its about time we get some of those people back.

There aren't many statistics I can post to back you up here, because as people disappear so do the stats. I could complain all day though.

So yes Blizzard GM's, investigate the poor state of our realm that is causing players to leave our server, have no desire to even login(me), or even not play the game anymore in some cases. Free migration services have the potential to improve services for us all.

-J
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
Suck it up and pay for a transfer, blizz will never merge servers and that's all that will really fix these problems. The sooner you get to a better server the sooner you'll start enjoying the game again.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
this doesnt help at all, but ill be transfering off when i hit 85, i pvpd on this server for 3 years straight, i was here when all the wanna bes transfered here to compete for rank 1, of course i knew it wouldnt be the same but i didnt expect dmaw to be pretty much dead, back in my day most guilds were clearing 25/15 mans with there alts,
rip reckoning one of the best battlegroups during season 4 and 5. Arena is what brought me back to this game, just a pity i wont be able to enjoy it on dmaw.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Horde side is that bad off eh? I assumed you guys had it pretty good and it was just alliance side that was a ghost town. Go figure...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I completely agree with the OP here. I can't speak for the horde side, but on alliance at off hours like 6am, it's completely dead here. Barely anyone is about at all, and at it's worst you're lucky if you see a post in trade chat every 5-8 minutes or so. Compare that to Tich which at 5-6am was easily 3 times as busy as this server normally is at peak hours...

You know things are bad when majority of people's morale is so low that they won't even band together to attempt a "For The Alliance!" even after several horde players came through and roflstomped our trade AH for close to 30 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I agree fully.

It's gotten to the point where I'm willing to purchase everyone, guild and members, xfers to a higher populated server. Bad players never get any better, so it's a very shallow pool to recruit from. There are few 25man guilds left (Crossing, Edub and Readycheck?), and the economy is horrible. I've been approached by a few smaller guilds, asking if they wanted to merge into a 25man guild, but we still wouldn't have the numbers combined...

Merging servers is a step up from nothing being done, but it wouldn't tick the boxes that need to be ticked.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
+1

I completely agree. I miss 25 man terribly and will most likely leave the game if I am stuck with 10 man heading into Mists. Infernal Gamers is another guild that used to be 25 man and is now 10 man. I tried to recruit for IG for months, but only got a whisper maybe every other week while spamming in trade and posting on the forums, without any real applicants.

Thank you for looking into this and I hope Blizzard takes it to heart.
Edited by Skyqueencasi on 5/16/2012 8:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I agree. I've only been on for a short while but it had just died. Its nearly impossible to even assemble a 20M BH during peak time. It seems like a merge of low population servers or free xfers would be appropriate.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
+1

It's a shame, but the Dragonmaw population has been dwindling for some time it seems. Finding recruits to keep 25m raids going is nigh impossible horde-side, I can't even imagine how awful it must be alliance-side.

05/09/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Spághetti
Most pugs break up after a wipe or two and some handle loot in a shady manner. The population might be classified as “medium pop” but it most certainly is not that. A large portion of the population are casuals that keep to themselves and probably have never step foot into end game content

Sums it up perfectly. As far as end-game content goes, it's pretty much dead.

05/10/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Peterpanda
Suck it up and pay for a transfer, blizz will never merge servers and that's all that will really fix these problems. The sooner you get to a better server the sooner you'll start enjoying the game again.

Why are you even here? Not even presenting an contrary opinion, just attacking the OP. Go troll elsewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I agree. I've only been on for a short while but it had just died. Its nearly impossible to even assemble a 20M BH during peak time. It seems like a merge of low population servers or free xfers would be appropriate.

Ally can't even do 20 mans anymore v.v we seem to have no one left...
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
I like this idea but I don't think blizzard would waste there time merging this server. It is extremely boring right now though. Absolutely nobody online queue times are beyond 15 minutes and not a single person is trying to get raids set up because its hopeless.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
05/10/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Peterpanda

Nice try, Doback.

I still have 7 or 8 85's on Dmaw and it's honestly not even worth playing them. I have more fun playing my alt on KT.

RIP
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I agree with the above consensus. I really miss raiding 25 mans and with 10 mans there's just no comparison. I also enjoy running old content, but with a dying server population the chance to join or successfully fill a raid is slim to none.

Thank you for your consideration.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
/signed.

I literally grew up on Dragonmaw, and would be hard pressed to leave it, however the options seem to be dwindling and some form of transfer or merger needs proper consideration.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]