Bumpsiedasie
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
+1

Dragonmaw needs this so bad. :[
Edited by Bobthedrood on 12/5/2012 4:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Would like to see the Realm as bustling as when I first transferred over.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Yes this realm needs this service badly. Keep an old realm alive +1
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
/signed

Malorne is impossible to do any kind of endgame.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
This caught my eye. I unsubbed a year and a half ago, picking it back up last week and was alarmed at how barren the world is. Even Org is practically a wasteland, its horrible.

Went 28 minutes without anyone posting anything in Org chat at like 10pm. That's messed up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Please Blizzard do something! Recruiting is just not possible as there are no players to recruit and attempting to recruit from off the server is now completely impossible since no one wants to come to a dead server.

We are losing people at a very fast rate.
Reply Quote
Dragonmaw's population, especially for alliance, is terrible compared to what it once was. Unless youre in one of the what, 4 decent sized and active guilds on alliance, its pretty lonely. Horde's population took a dive as well, but there's still some activity in org at least, at prime playing hours.
Offer free transfers to Dragonmaw blizz, so people stop giving up on it and transfer off. I did.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
RBG groups are another example of the bad pug scenario left on Dragonmaw. People struggle to put together a group that is even close to 1700. The real id system has caused people to “outsource” pvpers just so they can play at a slightly higher level. The arena group is even worse. I do not arena but what I have been told by a long time (ex glad) pvper in our guild the group is horrible. It is not uncommon to play the same team over 5 times a night. This poor pvp scenario has caused countless players to transfer to higher pop realms such as tichondrius in hopes that they can go further in pvp. As previously stated I hope more active pvpers could expand this topic.

I haven't even done much Arena in MoP, but I can say without a doubt it is pretty tiresome. Even >1500 you run into the same teams while you're just trying to cap in 2s, though I don't really blame that on the server. We have decent enough RBGs... it's not like they're that hard anyways.

The pug situation is in dire need of some help in both PvP and PvE. There isn't a single TRUE pug raid put together on this realm. It is only guilds that are missing one or two spots, and I've even been there when they can't even find a single tank for MSV.

I can't even find a raid group on this realm. I am literally stuck doing RF, and hoping someone needs a Rogue so I might be able to impress and get a raid spot.

This server is pretty dead regardless of what people say. People said it was dead in Cataclysm, but I would consider Cata full of life compared to now.

If they gave out xfers to a decent server I would gladly take it.

Offer free transfers to Dragonmaw blizz, so people stop giving up on it and transfer off. I did.

You mean encourage them to give free xfers when people are running to the hills to get off the server? You clearly don't understand Blizzard's business model: Milk the cow as long as you can, and sell the milk like it is the nectar of the gods.
Edited by Vish on 3/8/2013 4:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

I transferred to this server from a truly dead server over 2 years ago. People here don't know the definition of a true dead server. OH NO, only one 25m. How about having only one 10m on the entire server!

And gawd forbid people actually try to train new players to be able to raid.
Maybe you lazy raiders should actually try to take new prospects and teach them how to raid; rather then rely on the intelligence of pugs to train them.

There are many other servers in DIRE need of transfers over us if you consider low pop a need for free transfers. And blizzard will never transfer people from a low/med pop to a high/full pop server for free.

You just have to look at the most recent free transfer where blizzard is trying to get people OFF the high pop servers.

The real solution to this low pop issue exists, but blizzard does not want the PR issue that comes up with it. Blizzard needs to have server merges to increase player populations. But the instant they do that, everyone will cry and say "WOW IS DEAD, run for the hills!"

The real solution will come in a couple years when blizzard releases their new MMO project Titan, then they can give some excuse to combine the servers like making it more efficient for the new game or something. And no one will care cause they will be too busy playing Titan.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I most heartily add my name to this petition. I've been here since Vanilla, lead a guild, raided 25M, done world pvp, and have leveled multiple toons to 90. (The cost of transferring would be astronomical, and is simply not realistic) Now, as a lone alliance player, mostly all I find are chirping crickets in what were once busy cities. Finding a LFR queue less than 50 minutes is unusual unless healing. Selling anything on the AH is impossible. Nobody here to buy anything. Once thriving guilds are full of lists of people who have not logged in for years. Attempting to do the new island dailies on anything other than a prot warrior usually involves being camped for quite some time since the ratio is overwhelmingly horde now. (Only reason a prot warrior works is I'm annoying enough to kill that groups lose interest after a few deaths) For me to continue to run, my options are pretty much LFR only. The nature of PVP has changed drastically and to be on a hamstrung server with the numbers this drastically one sided. For a social game, it's mighty quiet. Please allow the server transfers to a reasonably balanced pvp server, or, since pvp has changed in it's nature so dramatically over the past 7 years, to a pve server as well.
Edited by Hewen on 3/19/2013 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
/signed
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
MMG
Dragonmaw doesn't seem so welcoming since reading all of this . In the end it is what it is , unless 25man Guilds are Recruiting Dragonmaw isn't what it use to be. Hope you guys all luck , maybe I'll make a toon on that server with RL friends. Seems to me only going back to that server is for the enjoyment of Wow , like the old days.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
well... we are paying for this game... i feel blizzard should just merge a few low pop servers together in a consistent way that would even out the population. since im already PAYING to play.... on a server that has restrictions due to population so i am unable to do many things that were otherwise possible a year ago. for example pugging raids on the fly... getting someone to help out with something without waiting 2 hours for a response from anyone... ANYWHERE!!!! AHHHHH i might leave the game just because i hate ghost towns... they freak me out. (im semi casual and admitting it, you can hate on me if you want) but i do put my fair share of work into the game... just to be left feeling stranded.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
+1

We need more players
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The fact that almost after a year this is still on the front page makes me both sad and proud.

Sad to see the server is such a crappy state and proud at the loyal members of Dmaw that kept it going.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm surprised I never saw this post before. I guess I just don't visit the Dmaw forums all that much anymore. Its pretty sad that Blizzard hasn't addressed this issue yet. The only thing I have heard them say is that merging servers won't happen because of name conflicts. I think they're just lazy.

Speaking from a PvP stand-point, this issue is pretty big. I have been running rated battlegrounds for about three months now and the shortage of decent PvPers on Alliance is staggering. It has now gotten to the point where I don't even bother asking in trade chat to fill my group. I do it entirely through my guild and fill the remaining spots with people off-realm through OQ. Although I have 2100+ rbg experience I'm stuck in the 1700s playing with people in the 1600 CR range because all of the good pvpers are on high pop servers and are likely running with the same 10 people every night.

Sure, I could just server transfer but then I leave all the friends I have left on Dragonmaw plus its not something I feel I should have to pay money for. I think its Blizzard's responsibility to address this. Sadly, however, our concerns are falling on deaf ears.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
The fact that almost after a year this is still on the front page makes me both sad and proud.

Sad to see the server is such a crappy state and proud at the loyal members of Dmaw that kept it going.

/highfive

I feel the same.

It is a shame they are doing nothing about the server populations and when they do it will be too little too late. The communities that made this game great will be dust in the wind.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]