HUNTER MOUSEOVER MACROS

85 Blood Elf Hunter
Hey guys, Im a MM hunter and Im pretty new to arena pvp and also to the fourms here, and just had a quick question. I see alot of macros use focus targets as well as mouseover targets. I basically have just mouseover targets and never use focus macros. Is it imperative to use focus macros as well as mouseover macros, or do focus macros make you that much better. The mouseover macros work pretty well, and the focus macro just seems confusing to me, and I would need to waste time setting up a focus and all that instead of doing damage or CCing. I may sound stupid I dont even know. Any help is appreciated. Thanks alot!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I use all focus on my hunter and a mouseover master's call mosly. I have other mouseovers i can use if i am feeling spicy but i dont see a need for mouseovers if you macro properly.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I dono if its just my playstyle but I feel that mouseover macros are so easy to use and maybe I just dont know how to use focus macros properly, but to me it seems like when an arena starts, I would have to take a few seconds to focus on the proper target first, instead of just starting an attack and then using mouseover for any CC i need or whatever. I just dont get how focus macros are supposed to work I guess. Do i keep one focus target and thats it? or do i need a clearfocus macro with a set focus macro to switch between focus targets. It sounds easy enough, I just cant execute it properly...
Reply Quote
70 Human Mage
right clicking on a target on your gladius sets them as your focus
you can also make a macro to set your focus
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
05/08/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Çebrus
I dono if its just my playstyle but I feel that mouseover macros are so easy to use and maybe I just dont know how to use focus macros properly, but to me it seems like when an arena starts, I would have to take a few seconds to focus on the proper target first, instead of just starting an attack and then using mouseover for any CC i need or whatever. I just dont get how focus macros are supposed to work I guess. Do i keep one focus target and thats it? or do i need a clearfocus macro with a set focus macro to switch between focus targets. It sounds easy enough, I just cant execute it properly...

well what I would suggest you do is make a mouseover /focus macro. Or just right click gladius while you are mounted.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
yea Im gonna try that addon and see if that helps. so far it has been much easier to just have mouseover macros, but I will try this out and see if it ups my game. thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]