How to solo tank Heroic Firelands

1 Orc Mage
Someone said that it's possible to solo tank heroic beth, alys and rag- how do you do it?

Just not send anyone up at all and go from 100%-0 in phase 2?

(given you're tanking in full 410s ofc)
Edited by Knak on 5/8/2012 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Got me. Bring all exceptionally skilled and geared players.

One tanking H.Raggy would wipe the floor with me, I'm sure.

I don't think any tank will be in full 410's unless they're cheesing in DPS gear or something. And even then we can't get all 410/416 gear. :P
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Warrior
Uhhh..someone's lying to you.

Regular mode firelands sure, but I do not buy heroic getting solo'd.

edit: Oh wait, didn't realize you only meant 3 bosses. Probably some trickery involved there, like a feral taunting and cooldowning right before beth's debuff applies or something.
Edited by Migol on 5/8/2012 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
The second phase of beth isnt the issue. I solo tanked that on my warrior back during firelands with no issue (after the nerf). Its keeping control of the adds and beth in the first phase.

Alys is easy. You just have to pick up both the adds and probably kill him in one phase cycle.

Rag would be tricky. You need lots of dps so you dont get overwhelmed with stacks in the 4th phase.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
I solo tanked normal rag in a christmas shirt back before i was only in 397s so i could easily buy rag being 1 tankable on heroic in full 410s
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't see how you could solo tank Beth, unless you only dps her in p2 and have amazing raid heals.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Warrior
The second phase of beth isnt the issue. I solo tanked that on my warrior back during firelands with no issue (after the nerf). Its keeping control of the adds and beth in the first phase.

Alys is easy. You just have to pick up both the adds and probably kill him in one phase cycle.

Rag would be tricky. You need lots of dps so you dont get overwhelmed with stacks in the 4th phase.

He's saying heroic though; that's a whole different story.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
You can solo tank H-Alys easily. I've done it before.

H-Beth could probably be done with a plate DPS just taunting the Drone or something. If your raid's DPS is high enough you can solo tank through the first Kiss by yourself, and probably through the 2nd with externals.

H-Rag......no idea how you pull that off.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight

He's saying heroic though; that's a whole different story.

I was talking about heroic. I solo tanked heroic beth in P2 when firelands was relevant content.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
05/08/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Deathtime
I was talking about heroic. I solo tanked heroic beth in P2 when firelands was relevant content.

Yup. Our pally did it too when I... well it's not important. Point is they one-shot it easily with 1 tank alive in that phase.
Going 100%->0% with 1 tank would be a tad more interesting, but nothing that gear wouldn't make up for. Might not even be longer than the ~70%->0 that we did (I think).
Edited by Ahanss on 5/8/2012 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Heroic Rag was solo tanked by a warrior way back then. There's a video somewhere out there.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Mage
What happens if you don't send anyone up at all for Beth?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
She AoEs the raid.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
Doing beth without sending anyone up is actually pretty easy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Hmm really? I guess now it probably would be. I remember when my guild first killed it, we did the mage trick where they would stay up and ice block so that she wouldnt ever aoe the raid or else healer mana was a big issue.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
I solo tank 7/7 heroic firelands every week across all four of my tanks.

For Beth we just have a plate melee on drone doesn't hit that hard.

Alys you just don't have anyone near eggs so the tank can get both and its not that hard to kill both.

Rag its more or less of a dps race so you don't get to high of stacks but ive lived with 20-25 stacks with dps lacking but that was one of the worse kills ive done.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]