Account-Wide Achievements + Rep

(Locked)

90 Orc Shaman
So can we make Reputation account wide as well?
I mean it kind of already is since we can buy helmet enchants and tey are BoA.

There are a few reputation achievements that take forever to comeplete like the ones to get Exalted with PvP factions like the ones from Warsong Gulch or Arathi Basin. Are things like those being taken into consideration for account-wide achievements? If I could have added the reputation from all of my characters together I could have been Exalted with The Defilers or Warsong Outriders already.
Community Manager
We don’t want to make reputation account-wide. We think that removes too much of the gameplay of having an alt. Harkening back to the blog, the goal is for players to feel free to play their alts. If you have a cool mount on character A, then that might be an issue. Being exalted on character A so that enchants are easier to buy doesn’t seem like the same issue. (What I mean is, it’s a short step from there to saying character A has better gear so you aren’t going to play B).

We can understand where the desire to have reputations function in this way stems from, however. For this reason faction rep is going to work a little differently in Mists of Pandaria and, we think, will feel better for players with multiple characters.
59 Tauren Death Knight
We don’t want to make reputation account-wide. We think that removes too much of the gameplay of having an alt. Harkening back to the blog, the goal is for players to feel free to play their alts. If you have a cool mount on character A, then that might be an issue. Being exalted on character A so that enchants are easier to buy doesn’t seem like the same issue. (What I mean is, it’s a short step from there to saying character A has better gear so you aren’t going to play B).

We can understand where the desire to have reputations function in this way stems from, however. For this reason faction rep is going to work a little differently in Mists of Pandaria and, we think, will feel better for players with multiple characters.

The blue has spoken

/thread
90 Worgen Death Knight

Does that mean there won't be a Therazane style rep where you have to do 2/3 of a zone just to unlock it?

That would make me very, very happy.
85 Draenei Death Knight

Does this include old content? It's complete murder to try to faction change between Aldor and Scryers.
90 Orc Warrior

Have you guys thought about making the old PVP rep rewards meaningful again? For example you used to have to be exalted with the Frostwolf Clan in order to get the 2h mace or mount.
Edited by Guts on 5/8/2012 5:21 PM PDT
90 Orc Warrior
Does that mean there won't be a Therazane style rep where you have to do 2/3 of a zone just to unlock it?

Yeah something to work for. That would make me very happy too. :)
90 Dwarf Paladin
Hey Zar. Since you're at it, could you guys poke around some of the questions asked on the comments of that article for us?

I'm wondering if it's "wow licence-wide" achievements or "Battle.net account-wide" ones, for instance.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
05/08/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Zarhym

But you don't have any details to share right now, hm?

Also, mind to tell why don't BG HKs award rep when wearing a tabbard?
86 Human Warlock

A million billion times this.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Will this affect reputations associated with mounts? Say my Paladin is exalted with Ramkahen and I bought both mounts. Will I have to be exalted to use these mounts on my other characters? Also, with reputation titles like Teora, of the Shattered Sun, will they be affected by not being exalted with the associated faction?
86 Human Paladin
What about making Titles account wide?
90 Orc Warrior

Because people would be exalted in a day or two.
86 Human Warlock

That depends on how much rep would be awarded per kill. If it was 1 rep, it would take a VERY long time to get to exalted.
90 Night Elf Druid

On a related note, why the F were the shoulder enchants BoP this expansion?
85 Blood Elf Rogue

On a related note, why the F were the shoulder enchants BoP this expansion?

Because they were last expansion until 3.3 or so?
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Depends on the ammount of rep awarded by HKs. It's not like it takes a long time running instances, each boss rewards 250 and then the trash a bounch more. make an Hk give something like 10-50 rep.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
So are we able to share mounts between characters? Would be cool to use my old Amani Warbear from TBC again.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]