Account-Wide Achievements + Rep

(Locked)

22 Night Elf Druid
I like the idea of BoA recipes and enchants from factions that way I don't need to grind, for example "violet eye".... or other BC factions (any faction really) to get the recipes my alts need/want. Weapons and armor from factions would be nice to have BoA as well. I mean grinding the pvp factions (again, any older faction) is a chore.

It would be nice to send the armor, weapons, recipes, shoulder/head enchants, to alts so that they can use them while the items would still be relevant, not over level the faction grinding rep then not use any of the rewards.
85 Draenei Paladin
Did i miss the boat? When did they say all mounts are account wide now? Can I get that link?

I was under the impression that you will only get mounts account wide if it is an achievement reward from an account wide achievement.

Why would they make that gold sink mount account wide? Think about it ! ;-|

That's how it is on beta, currently.

I think people are losing sight of the repercussions of something like that actually going through. The high end market is pretty much driven by mounts, so expect server economies to pretty much collapse. It costs tens of thousands in vendor mats to make a single hog/chopper or sandstone drake, so that gold will now help to facilitate inflation. Whoopee!!!
90 Troll Shaman
Did i miss the boat? When did they say all mounts are account wide now? Can I get that link?

I was under the impression that you will only get mounts account wide if it is an achievement reward from an account wide achievement.

I think people are losing sight of the repercussions of something like that actually going through. The high end market is pretty much driven by mounts, so expect server economies to pretty much collapse. It costs tens of thousands in vendor mats to make a single hog/chopper or sandstone drake, so that gold will now help to facilitate inflation. Whoopee!!!

For the mammoth, it looks to me that it's only account-wide on the same faction as it was obtained on the beta. The same with Mechanohog/Mekgineer's Chopper.
90 Goblin Rogue

Except people are more willing to sink tens of thousands of gold into a chopper if it's usefulness is now multiplied over all their toons.

You'll forego the select few who insist on buying a chopper on all their toons - but how many of those can there be?
Edited by Chacko on 5/10/2012 8:54 AM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
For the mammoth, it looks to me that it's only account-wide on the same faction as it was obtained on the beta. The same with Mechanohog/Mekgineer's Chopper.
This is something that hasn't even been addressed although it's come up a few times. I want to know how "account-wide" these mounts really are, because literally all the other mounts (excluding the Vial of Sands) that are currently being shared, are easy to obtain through normal methods.
85 Draenei Paladin
05/10/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Chacko
Except people are more willing to sink tens of thousands of gold into a chopper if it's usefulness is now multiplied over all their toons.

You're still sacrificing long term economic stability for a short term spike, or "bubble" if you will.

Look at what happened during the glyph changes at the start of Cata... at least on the servers I played on. Prices skyrocketed and then flattened. Except... where glyphs are concerned at the very least you have *alts* driving the market.

Who's going to be left to buy a Vial of the Sands once everyone has their shiny account-bound Drake? New players? Its economic suicide, and for that matter toxic to newer players.
Edited by Illandra on 5/10/2012 9:13 AM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
05/10/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Breezeburn
This is something that hasn't even been addressed although it's come up a few times. I want to know how "account-wide" these mounts really are, because literally all the other mounts (excluding the Vial of Sands) that are currently being shared, are easy to obtain through normal methods.

Oh I know.. I can only comment how I see it on the beta though, even I know it can change.
90 Pandaren Warrior
Guess I'm sticking to the warrior then...

Until pets, mounts, rep, AND achievements are account bound... I will never have a serious alt. I know you don't care, but that's my view point.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
While I don't think rep should be faction wide, I think shoulder/helm enchants should both be boa.

As it was, because I didn't care for deepholm as a zone in general, I sure as hell wasn't going to waste my time clearing the zone and then maxxing a rep with thera. I found it was a lot easier to pvp for 2k honor and buy the shoulder enchant. I think I missed on out what, maybe 50 haste? I'll willing to accept that vs the time sink thera was.
85 Tauren Paladin
why not just make a tabard for every faction that doesn't have one and rep grind it like the rest
90 Blood Elf Hunter
This is quite disappointing for me. I have recently gotten into PvP and have quickly learned to hate my warlock when I don't have a healer with me. I have started playing my alts seriously for once because I was convinced that aside from items and professions, Blizzard was going to make it possible for me to finally change mains. I don't have all the reputations by any means but what I do have, I never want to do again. I can't imagine anyone grinds reps for fun. Some of them are hard to do once and some even just unreasonable to do again because the content is too old to find people that want to grind rep again every week (Ashen Verdict for example).

I hope this is something Blizz keeps thinking about. I am quite obsessive about making one of my characters as perfect as I can. Knowing that I don't find my warlock fun on PvP makes me feel like I've wasted all of these years doing PvE content on him. Mounts, pets, and achieves are a huge step but I'll still long for the day when I can truly play any character I want and have fun without feeling like I should be on my main.

Repeat after me:
"World of Warcraft is not my life. World of Warcraft is not my job. It is a game. For FUN!!"
"World of Warcraft is not my life. World of Warcraft is not my job. It is a game. For FUN!!"

How can you waste years in a video game if you had fun? Now if you simply hated playing your warlock for years, then sure its a waste. But you had fun all those years, so it wasn't a waste.
85 Goblin Hunter
Regarding City Mounts. I propose this:

Let say, hypothetically I have two alts.

One is an Orc Warrior. One is a Goblin Hunter.

The goblin hunter was rushed through content. He has no horde factions to exaulted.
The orc warrior is a veteran toon. Has Orgrimmar, Darkspear, and Undercity to Exaulted.

Orc warrior should be able to ride his home mount (Wolf) regardless of rep, As well as his Undead horse and Troll Raptor.

The goblin gets his trike.

Account Wide Achievements arrive!

The goblin, at this point should be allowed to ride each of the mounts the Veteran Orc has the corresponding exaulted rep to obtain (Including Orgrimmar, in this scenario)

The Orc, however, cannot ride the goblin trike because his goblin alt is not exaulted with the goblins.

If I roll a new tauren, neither toon gets access to the kodo he can ride, until (and only until) one toon on the account hits exaulted with thunder bluff.

Race restrictions should still apply to account-wide-mounts, as should class restrictions.
So non-horde characters (who don't have the race-requirements to ride a Kodo, for example) would not be allowed to ride horde mounts, and vice versa.

Achievement mounts that reward based on faction (Like one of the metamount acheives, and the rated bg win achieve) should have that mount swapped akin to what would happen in a faction change.
Guess I'm sticking to the warrior then...

Until pets, mounts, rep, AND achievements are account bound... I will never have a serious alt. I know you don't care, but that's my view point.

I'd say that a very fair point for people who already have a significant portion of time wrapped into 1 character. I am one of those, and while I may play other character more frequently now because of the need for certain classes/specs, I will always favour this toon because he is further into the rep grind, and he will continue to be my main. The last thing I want to ever do is sink more time into doing something I have already done in this game.

Not to say we aren't "more" free to play other toons now, but its like you are out on probation. Yes, you are free, but you still have that pesky ankle monitor forcing you into certain restrictions.

This whole account-wide thought shouldn't be an issue. Account wide should relate to reputation representation as much as all other aspects. You earned it, not the toon. Sorry.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
let me simply put this down, Ive seen alot of positive comments and alot of negative comments, in regards to this,

as far as reputation i personally do not wish to re farm reps on every single alt i have.

Total factions encountered 67
Most factions at Exalted 59

i honestly do not wish to re farm those but it would be amazing to see all 16x 85s have those achievements, also who wants to farm the insane title 15 more times? (keep in mind they nerfed it down for all you baddies who had trouble farming)

on my main Ive invested 213 days and along time ago he used to be an alt, my first toon who was a priest in classic has 102 days alone,

so as alot of people have said " The last thing I want to ever do is sink more time into doing something I have already done in this game. "

05/10/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Breezeburn

Not really i have 4 mounts you can no longer obtain in the game, i have a 135 mounts and 153 vanity pets along with alot of items you cannot obtain anymore,
Edited by Convic on 5/10/2012 12:01 PM PDT

Also, mind to tell why don't BG HKs award rep when wearing a tabbard?

Because people would be exalted in a day or two.

whats the difference? i mean do you jump for joy, once you are exalted with whomever? rep is an ok thing, until you make it grindy or too long! yes most reps are easy/easier to get now, but some of them take way too long. ''achievement'' doesn't mean it took forever and two weeks to complete..if you made something very hard, but achievable within a week or so, that wouldn't be ok?

bought the mammoth on my premade(all i have are premades) pally this morning...none of my other toons can use it-all same faction
90 Dwarf Warrior
05/10/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Illandra

You're still sacrificing long term economic stability for a short term spike, or "bubble" if you will.

Look at what happened during the glyph changes at the start of Cata... at least on the servers I played on. Prices skyrocketed and then flattened. Except... where glyphs are concerned at the very least you have *alts* driving the market.

Who's going to be left to buy a Vial of the Sands once everyone has their shiny account-bound Drake? New players? Its economic suicide, and for that matter toxic to newer players.

You're making the assumption that the economy in WoW is stable to begin with. I have seen plenty that suggests otherwise.
90 Undead Priest
The only reputations which have any effect on gameplay are those that are set against other reps. Bloodsail vs. Booty Bay, Aldor vs. Scryer, and Wolvar vs. Oracle. The choice of which faction you are aligned with in those things ought to be the ONLY thing that would be unlinked.

Everything else really ought to be linked. There is nothing novel about these reputation grinds, and people with alts will generally just avoid them, especially with achievements, mounts, and pets being shared already.

Of course, the suggestion I've liked the most is simply to add something to fast-track rep gains for factions to bring you up to the highest rep category you've been with that faction on other characters. Add a strong multiplier in there. That way, maybe the alt still does the set of dailies offered or the relevant raid, but after one or two times of that, they're up to where your highest character is. That way, the granting isn't immediate, the alt won't just ignore the factions (which is what people already tend to do right now, especially for legacy factions), and they'll still get some of the gameplay.

I'll buy one, once it's available to all my characters. But I'm not able to sacrifice that amount of gold on something I'm only able to use on one character. That's why I've never bought a hog, vial of the sands or one of the 3 seater mammoths and won't be buying the Yak mount (assuming it's a gold sink) or the JC Panther mounts.

But with this change you're opening up the marketplace to a fairly sizeable amount of people who just simply wouldn't have bought these things before but are happy to now.

05/10/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Belthin

You're making the assumption that the economy in WoW is stable to begin with. I have seen plenty that suggests otherwise.

Same here, the wow economy shifts and moves at an insane rate. One minute something can be of low value then something changes and it's a high value item for a while, then maybe it settles down and maybe it doesn't.
Edited by Cronk on 5/10/2012 1:18 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]