Account-Wide Achievements + Rep

(Locked)

Community Manager
Hey Zar. Since you're at it, could you guys poke around some of the questions asked on the comments of that article for us?

I'm wondering if it's "wow licence-wide" achievements or "Battle.net account-wide" ones, for instance.

For all intents and purposes, assume that the game doesn't really understand the concept of a WoW license. The account-level achievement system will all be based on the Battle.net account and not each individual WoW license attached to it.
85 Draenei Mage
Go
We don’t want to make reputation account-wide. We think that removes too much of the gameplay of having an alt. Harkening back to the blog, the goal is for players to feel free to play their alts. If you have a cool mount on character A, then that might be an issue. Being exalted on character A so that enchants are easier to buy doesn’t seem like the same issue. (What I mean is, it’s a short step from there to saying character A has better gear so you aren’t going to play B).

We can understand where the desire to have reputations function in this way stems from, however. For this reason faction rep is going to work a little differently in Mists of Pandaria and, we think, will feel better for players with multiple characters.

Does this include old content? It's complete murder to try to faction change between Aldor and Scryers.

That rep change has a FoS attached to it so no, I can't see them changing it and there is a reason why the decision between reps exists.
90 Dwarf Paladin
05/08/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Zarhym
For all intents and purposes, assume that the game doesn't really understand the concept of a WoW license. The account-level achievement system will all be based on the Battle.net account and not each individual WoW license attached to it.

That's...kickass. I hope it works for my ye olde wow-eu license, it's got some old vanilla stuff I'd love to see counted or just mentioned! Thanks for clarifying for me!
- Hearthstone
90 Tauren Paladin
Hey Zar. Since you're at it, could you guys poke around some of the questions asked on the comments of that article for us?

I'm wondering if it's "wow licence-wide" achievements or "Battle.net account-wide" ones, for instance.

I'm sure you just made every single multiboxer ecstatic.
85 Draenei Priest
05/08/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Teora
Will this affect reputations associated with mounts? Say my Paladin is exalted with Ramkahen and I bought both mounts. Will I have to be exalted to use these mounts on my other characters? Also, with reputation titles like Teora, of the Shattered Sun, will they be affected by not being exalted with the associated faction?

I would like to know this, too. I really don't want to grind the nether rays again.
90 Human Mage
the goal is for players to feel free to play their alts

But if I have to still grind out 5 reps to exalted on all my alt's do I really wanna play them? Tho I know them bloodsial perks at exalted are so great we need to keep them rare ;)
Edited by Rayo on 5/8/2012 5:50 PM PDT
85 Undead Warlock
Wait, am I understanding this correctly, account wide mounts will count for the entire battle.net account? I have 3 accounts (however only 2 active) linked under my battle.net account, I will be able to use my mounts from account 1 on account 2 and vice versa?
90 Dwarf Paladin
05/08/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Twyztid
Wait, am I understanding this correctly, account wide mounts will count for the entire battle.net account? I have 3 accounts (however only 2 active) linked under my battle.net account, I will be able to use my mounts from account 1 on account 2 and vice versa?

I guess we'll see what does that mean for items like the blizzard store mounts and other promotional items that have been license-only for now. Since those don't carry over to the beta when you copy, as far as I know, we won't be able to test it.
73 Dwarf Priest

Does that go for account-wide pets and mounts too? In other words, will my regular WoW account(s) also get the pets from my Collector's Edition account?
- Hearthstone
90 Tauren Paladin
05/08/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Twyztid

Yes. Everything under one umbrella.
86 Blood Elf Warlock
This is quite disappointing for me. I have recently gotten into PvP and have quickly learned to hate my warlock when I don't have a healer with me. I have started playing my alts seriously for once because I was convinced that aside from items and professions, Blizzard was going to make it possible for me to finally change mains. I don't have all the reputations by any means but what I do have, I never want to do again. I can't imagine anyone grinds reps for fun. Some of them are hard to do once and some even just unreasonable to do again because the content is too old to find people that want to grind rep again every week (Ashen Verdict for example).

I hope this is something Blizz keeps thinking about. I am quite obsessive about making one of my characters as perfect as I can. Knowing that I don't find my warlock fun on PvP makes me feel like I've wasted all of these years doing PvE content on him. Mounts, pets, and achieves are a huge step but I'll still long for the day when I can truly play any character I want and have fun without feeling like I should be on my main.
85 Draenei Shaman
The one thing that would solve my concern with factions would be if the reputation based vendors would just sell account bound items rather than soul binding them. It's a nightmare if you decide to change professions on an alt and you can not buy recipes you would like to make use of but you could buy them on your main (but not be able to use them).
85 Night Elf Priest
got the patched downloaded but no servers showing!!! *stress*
80 Human Warrior

/happydance

What about mounts/pets/titles/tabards/whatever else you decide to throw in?
86 Human Paladin
05/08/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Zarhym
Harkening back to the blog, the goal is for players to feel free to play their alts.

I can't play any of my alt tanks because I still need to work on Fireland rep on this character and also a couple of WoTLK reps (The Kalu'ak,The Oracles), BC reps (The Scale of the Sands,Ashtongue Deathsworn,The Aldor), and some classic one.

I guess to continuing playing with reps I have to stay with this pally =(

Take a look at my Guild reps. I've been on my alt for so long that he is almost exalted with the guild but I'm neutral.
Edited by Tatjyana on 5/8/2012 6:13 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]