Account-Wide Achievements + Rep

(Locked)

90 Human Priest
So Hks will be collected from all toons and pooled into one ach or how will that work?
90 Human Paladin
All I want to say is that I really, really, reeeeaaaaaally hope you leave my Chargers (including the Crusade one) and the Fel/Dreadsteeds as class only mounts.

Besides, the paladin mounts would be kind of a sticky wicket since each race ('cept the poor dwarves) get their own versions.

And I include the Argent Crusader's Charger because it is paladins only, after all.
85 Night Elf Rogue
05/08/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Castaere
I'd rather they made the enchants BoA, having to grind Therazane rep on 7 different toons was beyond ridiculous. It got to the point where after the 4th time I refuse to do it yet again.

Agreed. My rogue just hit 85 and after doing it on five other 85's, I refuse to do it again.

I came back after years of not playing wow a couple of months ago and I refuse to do Therezane rep a second time and I'm not even exalted on this toon yet...lol. Props to the people like you who did it multiple, multiple times. I get too bored.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Alright, here's an oddball for ya.

Since PTR licenses are attached to your account, and achievements are account level, do we get to keep our achievements when we transfer a character to PTR now?

... For that matter, does it work in reverse? Can you get an achievement on PTR and unlock it on live?

I bet there's a lot of people who've gotten Green Protodrakes on a PTR account who'd be really mad.
80 Human Warrior
Alright, here's an oddball for ya.

Since PTR licenses are attached to your account, and achievements are account level, do we get to keep our achievements when we transfer a character to PTR now?

... For that matter, does it work in reverse? Can you get an achievement on PTR and unlock it on live?

I bet there's a lot of people who've gotten Green Protodrakes on a PTR account who'd be really mad.

As it is, ALL achievements are stripped when you do the copy. Mounts, Pets, and anything that grants an achievement (like having White Hawkstrider, Exalted with Ashen Verdict, or having gear off of Ragnaros 40man in your bag/bank) DO copy and grant the mounts, pets, and their achievements. Green Protodrakes, Meta Achievement Drakes, and Achievement pets copy over fine as well.

As to your question... I have no idea. We'll find out when Blizzard moves 5.0.1 to Live and gives us a PTR for 5.0.2
Edited by Joethecasual on 5/8/2012 9:10 PM PDT
85 Draenei Priest
05/08/2012 08:53 PMPosted by Whatlol
So Hks will be collected from all toons and pooled into one ach or how will that work?

That's the plan.

05/08/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Snowboardws
I came back after years of not playing wow a couple of months ago and I refuse to do Therezane rep a second time and I'm not even exalted on this toon yet...lol. Props to the people like you who did it multiple, multiple times. I get too bored.

I kept having to tell myself that the gold from it was worth it.. but it wasn't. It so wasn't.

05/08/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Arkthugal
Can you get an achievement on PTR and unlock it on live?

No. That's never worked.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/08/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Zarhym
we could "fix it" by making the city mounts non-account level. Or we could let them be account level, but make you require the appropriate reputation to use them. If we did THAT, then it might make sense for all faction mounts to require a rep.

It wouldn't make sense to base your general rule on city mounts for two reasons:
  • City mounts are inherently different from other mounts, because city mounts are a birthright, whereas other mounts can only be earned.
  • It doesn't really matter how you treat city mounts because they are easily obtained by leveling in dungeons or by soloing dungeons at max level.
86 Human Warrior
05/08/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Zarhym
For all intents and purposes, assume that the game doesn't really understand the concept of a WoW license. The account-level achievement system will all be based on the Battle.net account and not each individual WoW license attached to it.

Zarhym, could you please tell us if this also holds true for WoW licenses from different regions on the same Battle.net account? As someone who moved from the UK to the US, I'd love for all my old achievements and mounts from my EU license to be made available on my US characters.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hey Zar. Since you're at it, could you guys poke around some of the questions asked on the comments of that article for us?

I'm wondering if it's "wow licence-wide" achievements or "Battle.net account-wide" ones, for instance.

For all intents and purposes, assume that the game doesn't really understand the concept of a WoW license. The account-level achievement system will all be based on the Battle.net account and not each individual WoW license attached to it.

Am I reading this right? Does this mean that if I get, for example, Deathchargers Reins on one character on my wow1 account then it would be available to all the characters on my wow2-8 accounts that are under the same .net account?
85 Draenei Priest
05/08/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Talizaar
Am I reading this right? Does this mean that if I get, for example, Deathchargers Reins on one character on my wow1 account then it would be available to all the characters on my wow2-8 accounts that are under the same .net account?

Yep.
60 Human Paladin

Mounts and pets from the blizzard store are WoW licence specific. Does this mean that they will be truly be battle.net account wide now?
85 Blood Elf Rogue
05/08/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Zarhym
Yea, sorry, I left out your question about reputation-based titles because we don't have an answer as of yet. I guess you could say that also falls within the "we're not sure" category at this stage. ;)

On the subject of shared rep. My real concern is Arathi Basin and Warsong rep at the moment. Back in the days of Vanilla and some of BC rep was very easily obtained for both by way of turn ins and such. Now, rep gain has increased very slightly via Perks from guild. But it's no where near comparable to mark turn ins from back then. My Rogue has been my main since beginning of Wotlk. My hunter which I started not too long after BC began has just under what my Rogue has in terms of rep. That's sad considering I only played my hunter during the Kara, Gruuls day and then switched to another toon. That is honestly the last time I played my hunter and I'm just NOW passing her reps.

If rep will not be shared, how about a turn in for WSG and AB again? Maybe not reintroduce marks, though it would bring back some awesome memories. But maybe turning in Honor for rep? Even make it a ridiculous amount like all 3000 honor for 100 rep. I don't care, but anything is better than nothing.
90 Goblin Shaman
How would this work with HKS all across pvping alts? would they all be added up ?
Dear Zar

You mentioned that reputation based titles are not yet decided, but what about meta titles, the article metions that you keep your metas across toons.

Lets say i have "Bane of the Fallen King" on this toon (i do) and i make a lv1 paladin or something. Will the new toon be able to display the title?

Because i can see you guys restricting low level toons from running around with epic raid titles.

Regards Faustas

p.s. your my favorite blue
Edited by Faustas on 5/8/2012 9:49 PM PDT
90 Orc Shaman
05/08/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Zarhym
We don’t want to make reputation account-wide. We think that removes too much of the gameplay of having an alt. Harkening back to the blog, the goal is for players to feel free to play their alts.

Wouldn't making Reputation account-wide support that goal?

I mean if my goal is to get Exalted with PvP factions for an achievement, and I am Revered with Warsong Outriders on toon A but friendly on toon B, then I have no reason to play toon B because my goal is easier to reach on toon A.

If Reputation was account-wide then I could go grind rep on any toon on my account and it wouldn't matter because they are all collecting rep for the account as a whole not just a specific toon.
85 Blood Elf Mage
Zar. The way it needs to work is this: It works like faction and race changes.

Lets say I am a Night elf. I am ONLY exalted with Darnassus.
I make a gnome, I am auto given all the mechanostriders-- If I evenually get exalted with gnomergan, my night elf gains nothing. The only way to 'pad' the mount count is if you become exalted with a city that is not your own.

This applies to Horde/Alliance mounts as well.
If I am exalted with all, then all future alts will be given all city mounts.

Other than that, I don't feel there should be reputation tied to mounts at all. I only feel that city mounts should have -some- restrictions. But they need to be super lax.
Edited by Dakall on 5/8/2012 9:50 PM PDT
60 Human Paladin
Dear Zar

You mentioned that reputation based titles are not yet decided, but what about meta titles, the article metions that you keep your metas across toons.

Lets say i have "Bane of the Fallen King" on this toon (i do) and i make a lv1 paladin or something. Will the new toon be able to display the title?

Because i can see you guys restricting low level toons from running around with epic raid titles.

Regards Faustas

p.s. your my favorite blue even though you identify with alliance

We hope that rewards granted from achievements (pets, mounts, titles, and tabards) will be shared at the account level.

I'm not going to promise this yet, because a lot of magic has to happen for that to work, but it's our intent. We have discussed having a character level requirement for some rewards, so that your level-2 gnome couldn’t walk around with the “Defender of a Shattered World” title just because your level-90 shaman earned it. If the gnome made it to level 80, though, you could proudly show off your title. You also won’t be able to use a faction-specific pet, mount, or title on the wrong faction. The achievement wouldn’t go away -- you just wouldn’t be able to show it off on that character. There are probably additional exceptions and details we’ll find as we dig deeper into the system.

This is the kind of system that will evolve over time, and we don’t think this has to be the way achievements work forever. As beta players start experimenting with it and offering feedback, I am certain that we will end up making even more changes.

From this, I'm guessing no
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ah boo was hoping reps would be account wide. My hunter was my main in Wrath and she has a total of 55 reps at exalted, but because I rarely raided on her in Cata I don't have Firelands rep and had to regrind all the other Cata reps just to get the achievement.

Don't get me wrong I'm super excited about account wide achievements but after you do the Insane (when it was truly insane) on one toon the thought of having to grind reps on my alt to continue to get higher exalted achievements makes me cringe slightly.
missed that paragraph

A Shame really, i would of geared a toon in mogged (the darkmoon fair tier skins) BoAs with an awesome title and begun an epic quest to regain my power :P
90 Tauren Warrior
If you're going to make the new reputations less of a pain in the butt, then why not just give us the account wide reputations? There are some old reps that are virtually impossible to get with a single toon. I just can't see the harm.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]