Account-Wide Achievements + Rep

(Locked)

1 Night Elf Druid
-
Edited by Velyia on 5/20/2012 1:43 PM PDT
100 Human Priest
there are some mounts that i would not want to account wide for me, though. the ones that i need exalted with a faction to get. i would miss doing the quest line for the one in winterspring too much. :( i missed being able to interact with the cub once it grew up and became my mount.

boss drop mounts or ones like that are cool, but please leave the exalted rep mounts alone. i actually like looking forward to gaining exalted with another race just to buy their mounts.

if you do this, please allow us to opt out of account wide achievements and mounts.
Edited by Dovesong on 5/9/2012 4:17 PM PDT
1 Night Elf Druid
-
Edited by Velyia on 5/20/2012 1:43 PM PDT
85 Worgen Priest
Quick somewhat-related question to account wide achievements, if they're still being answered in here: Will the companion pet achievements remain in game or will those be going away once MoP comes out? If they remain in game, will the pets also be sent over should a combined pet journal go over the proper amount of pets when MoP releases? Or is this one of the items that's still being determined?
22 Goblin Warrior
As someone with many alts I want to just say that while I can understand not having current rep account wide I would like to see older reputations become account wide. The reasons for this is that some of those rep grinds can be lengthy and costly and are not pleasant to try repeating on many alts. Also some of those reputations open up access to patterns and items that would be nice for transmogrification and it would be nice to have access to those without having to do those lengthy grind all over again.
23 Night Elf Druid
So what about reputation recipes rewards? Could those be account-wide? For example I got exatled with thorium brotherhood, or violet eye, and I'm a blacksmith but i have alts of other professions.

Could the profession recipes be account bound so that I don't have to get exalted with that faction on each character?
100 Draenei Shaman
I really don't think that there is a easy way to solve the Rep issue. I can undertsand what Bliz said about account wide rep taking away the whole point of an alt, But at the same time, I liked how recently Bliz also said that they are rewarding the player and not just the toon.

I played my shaman and ground out all those reps for the 111 mounts she has, I was the one who ran VP a ton of times to get the Blue proto drake, or OS for the twilight drake etc etc etc...I also spent numerous hours farming the Sha tar rep for the nether rays and the rep for the netherdrakes. I love my shaman but its my priest that has caught my eye now, I am loving her heals. I really dont want to lose out on all those beautiful mounts because i choose to keep playing wow...on a different character :( I did the work, and i really dont want to again. I feel as though i did my time and yes...'deserve' to play with what i worked to get.

I do undertsand that some people don't wish to have rep account wide, i see that its part of leveling a toon...but where does the line get drawn? You cant really say that you are rewarding the person playing the toon, but at the same time make us re-grind all those reps. I really dont find that 'fun' at all.

Maybe some things (mounts/rep/achieve/titles)should be an opt-in or a opt-out on a per toon basis?...I dont know, but i really feel sad/disappointed that i have to even think about more rep grinds to get the mounts that i already worked to get...
90 Dwarf Warrior
05/09/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Atishu
Maybe some things (mounts/rep/achieve/titles)should be an opt-in or a opt-out on a per toon basis?...I dont know, but i really feel sad/disappointed that i have to even think about more rep grinds to get the mounts that i already worked to get...

They're planning on giving you achievement rewards (mounts/pets/titles/etc) to all characters and you want a way to "opt out" of those? Just don't use them. And the rep grinds for other mounts (faction/netherwing/nagrand/etc) may take time, but are not "difficult" so only invest the time if you truely desire to have those.

But if you want to be able to opt-out of rewards across all toons, why are you sad/disappointed that you can't opt-in on reputation levels? Compared to some of the achievements and the meta-achieves, really it's easier to do reputations.
90 Dwarf Warrior
05/09/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Tkmt
I disagree. There is a lot of rep in this game; enabling rep account wide would be a good idea. There is plently to do and grind.

What's that? I thought one of the biggest complaints was there wasn't enough to do at end-game.

Really the want for account-wide rep just sounds to me like you want more reward for less time. What will be asked for next? Account-wide leveling? Account-wide JP/VP? Account-wide raid drops?
90 Goblin Rogue
Really the want for account-wide rep just sounds to me like you want more reward for less time. What will be asked for next? Account-wide leveling? Account-wide JP/VP? Account-wide raid drops?

All that sounds just.....!@#$ing amazing!
85 Human Paladin
We don’t want to make reputation account-wide. We think that removes too much of the gameplay of having an alt. Harkening back to the blog, the goal is for players to feel free to play their alts. If you have a cool mount on character A, then that might be an issue. Being exalted on character A so that enchants are easier to buy doesn’t seem like the same issue. (What I mean is, it’s a short step from there to saying character A has better gear so you aren’t going to play B).

We can understand where the desire to have reputations function in this way stems from, however. For this reason faction rep is going to work a little differently in Mists of Pandaria and, we think, will feel better for players with multiple characters.

Ill be completely honest here: I don't think you guys really know what your customers want. From all i have noticed the years i have played is that you cater to the whiney, casual playing, self intitled customers. The people that have either been loyal or have tried to trust you know what is best end up sorely disappointed.
90 Dwarf Warrior
We don’t want to make reputation account-wide. We think that removes too much of the gameplay of having an alt. Harkening back to the blog, the goal is for players to feel free to play their alts. If you have a cool mount on character A, then that might be an issue. Being exalted on character A so that enchants are easier to buy doesn’t seem like the same issue. (What I mean is, it’s a short step from there to saying character A has better gear so you aren’t going to play B).

We can understand where the desire to have reputations function in this way stems from, however. For this reason faction rep is going to work a little differently in Mists of Pandaria and, we think, will feel better for players with multiple characters.

Ill be completely honest here: I don't think you guys really know what your customers want. From all i have noticed the years i have played is that you cater to the whiney, casual playing, self intitled customers. The people that have either been loyal or have tried to trust you know what is best end up sorely disappointed.

And the "hardcore" players are never self-entitled?
86 Blood Elf Paladin
best and easiest solution seems to be just make all reputation recipes boa, all gear enchants (shoulder/helm) boa and make the gear bop. this way, youll still have to get to exalted if you want to gear up, but if not, you can just send over the enchantments (therazane enchants for example)
90 Night Elf Druid
Bring it on its hard enough leveling 25 alts to 85 but to also have to do all the achievements for each one.......Phew saved a few days to go train
85 Draenei Paladin
Blizz has this one backwards IMO. I think universal... no, maybe something more like a 'fast track' for reputations previously acquired makes a lot more sense than whatever this universal cheev/mount system of awful will end up being. However it does need to somehow fit into the quest lore.

Farming rep for older factions in many if not most cases ends up being a solitary grind, whereas a lot of achievements, especially raid achievements, have a social aspect to them. It feels like Blizz is embracing the wrong thing here.

So... yes to 'universal' reputations, no to universal achievements.
100 Tauren Shaman
05/04/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Ghostcrawler
On the topic of account level mounts, we are still evolving our design philosophy, so it's a great thing upon which to offer feedback. We have heard from some players who are thrilled that they don't need to play their "mounty" character to the exclusion of their other characters. We have heard from others who feel like their accomplishments are watered down since they got so many mounts "for free." We're not sure which mounts will be account-level or not. It's weird to have paladin, warlock and DK mounts shared across classes, so there's a good bet those still be character only. What about the others? Let us know what you think.

ALL MOUNTS SHOULD BE MADE ACCOUNT-WIDE WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS/RESTRICTIONS:
  • The opposing faction specific mounts should be hidden and unusable. However, the cross-faction equivalent mounts should be made available to you for use on the other faction. With faction transfers in mind, this is consistent with your current stance of interchangeability.
  • Profession mounts should be visible and usable, but only if you meet the requirements (just like on live servers). However, if you were to remove these requirements altogether, we would have no reason to object to them being usable without the profession.
  • Class specific mounts should be visible, but unusable unless you are the correct class (due to lore).
          For example:
          Dreadsteed – Requires Warlock class to ride.
  • All other mounts should remain visible and usable, but only if you meet a level requirement in order for it to at least seem plausible that your character may have earned it (within the context of WoW's lore and game mechanics).

The UI would also benefit greatly from having mounts categorized and searchable to help make the everexceeding number of mounts more manageable and accessible.
100 Tauren Druid

Here an idea of how to improve the mount account-wide along with reputation complication. If I got Exalted with one char and buy the mount soon after.
Two things could happen.
1) My alt just need to get Honored with that faction in order to use that mount.
or
2)I need to finish the quest chain to unlock the mount.

I kinda wish that faction rep discount stack when dealing with Riding training.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]