An addon for Sw:Death?

39 Undead Priest
An options would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
What are you looking for exactly? Something to tell you when a target is at 25%?

I like Powerauras (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/powerauras-classic) for that, although there are quite a few other addons out there.
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
MikScrollingBattleText (MSBT) will do this for you too.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
get Powerauras and import this string. (just copy/paste it into the box that comes up when you hit Import.)

Version:4.23; b:0.1255; g:0; target:true; icon:inv_alchemy_elixir_05; bufftype:8; texture:10; alpha:0.5; threshold:24; y:170; finish:0
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I got a VERY light addon called TargetHealthPercent. All it does is literally put a movable box wherever you want and will display the percentage that the target is at. It also has a background color that can change when they get lower in health. It helped me tons with knowing when to use SW:D.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/targethealthpercent
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I use weakauras. I have a big red thingy come across the uppper middle of my screen.....usually right above my char. I have it come out real bright too, so I don't miss it.

The nice thing about weakauras is that you can put a sound with the visual, so there is a nice, loud shotgun blast that goes off in my ears when target is below 25% and SW:D is off cd.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I use weakauras. I have a big red thingy come across the uppper middle of my screen.....usually right above my char. I have it come out real bright too, so I don't miss it.

The nice thing about weakauras is that you can put a sound with the visual, so there is a nice, loud shotgun blast that goes off in my ears when target is below 25% and SW:D is off cd.

have you used powerauras? if so, how does it compare to weakauras and what are the differences?
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
The only reason I don't like DBM or most unit frames' percentage indicator is that it shows flat% (eg. 10%, 25%) rounded up rather than exact %, meaning 24.9 and 24.2 both round up to 25. And I hate when a mob hits 25% on the dot and I hit SW:D thinking it'll be in execute range but it's really not. -.-

Mods like Power Auras, Weak Auras, and combat text all go by exact percentage. No more wasting the CD on nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/09/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Merrz
Mods like Power Auras, Weak Auras, and combat text all go by exact percentage. No more wasting the CD on nothing.

i'm just bad and try to time it exactly on 24%
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
05/09/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Tsilyi
i'm just bad

QFT!

: )
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
Nooo you're potentially wasting a precious GCD there Tsilyi!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/09/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Merrz
Nooo you're potentially wasting a precious GCD there Tsilyi!

DAMN IT. well... i suppose i need to make a powa for corrupting parasite anyway because out of the 3 times i've gotten it i've managed to derp it up twice... except there was a week between each of the derps over a total of probably 14 pulls.

e: or i could use msbt
Edited by Tsilyi on 5/9/2012 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
I use MSBT for like 3 things, execute range being one of them. I get a little pop-up that says 'DEATH' in scary red letters and it's perfect.

Corrupting Parasites are bastards. Usually DBM plays a sound when it's on you but on the first platform, the Mutated Corruption spawns at the same time and DBM (for me) plays a sound for that instead. So I hear the "look-out!" noise but figure it's just the Corruption, nbd, and I don't notice the debuff... yeeeeah.

I love how with 20% nerf you can just ignore every parasite though. Suckers. Not even good.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
yeah, i just... now i'm VERY careful with the timer and look at my health frame directly to see if i've gotten the debuff. NO CHANCES TAKEN LOL.
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Priest
Yeah I just have a Power Aura that comes up at <=25% health and if SW:D isn't on CD.

afaik Power and Weak auras are essentially the same things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]