New Beta Build Coming Up Later Today (May 8)

(Locked)

Community Manager
We have a new build of the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria beta client almost ready to push live, and it will come up later today. This new build includes a new zone (Townlong Steppes), new quests, and new scenarios.

Please be aware that players testing on 64-bit versions of a Mac OS will be unable to play during this build. There is an issue in this build with Mac-64, and we didn’t want that issue to delay testing for the majority of players.

We expect that we will release the next build, which will include a fix for the Mac-64 issue, later this week.

Thank you for your feedback and continued testing of Mists of Pandaria.
90 Draenei Hunter
will pet battles be open for testing any time soon?
90 Night Elf Druid
Of course the game exp. has has yet to be release. Come on use your head. :P
Edited by Kuroo on 5/8/2012 2:29 PM PDT
1 Human Warrior
That would be my guess, Scyl, as MoP is definitely not ready for prime time!
90 Night Elf Druid
05/08/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Staryaa
will pet battles be open for testing any time soon?

We see when it goes live! :D
Is this why it's saying all the servers are offline for me? Sorry I know it sounds dumb, but I literally just finished downloading the MoP client and logged in just to find that the servers are offline. any help would be appreciated.
90 Draenei Hunter
yes they are offline idk why though, im guessing to put the next build into the game maybe.
85 Tauren Shaman
Yes, the servers are down, they were up about 30 minutes ago. I'm sure they'll let us know more information about the patch release as the servers come back up. This is kind of standard fare for beta testing, so it's good to get used to it. Remember there's always live wow to play as a backup!
05/08/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Staryaa
yes they are offline idk why though, im guessing to put the next build into the game maybe.

THANK YOU! lol I tried asking my guild a few other friends and nobody else had the beta so they didn't know what to tell me besides a few jokes telling my the blizz was trolling me XD
hope this build brings back some spells/talents they took away from everybody. :(
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/08/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Oyness
So I run on a mac and ur tellin me I wont be able to play beta til later this week??!!! I hope I misunderstood cz my stomach just dropped :(
there isn't much to do in beta anyway and do you really wna ruin the next Xpac for yourself so soon...?
90 Blood Elf Mage
So I run on a mac and ur tellin me I wont be able to play beta til later this week??!!! I hope I misunderstood cz my stomach just dropped :(

You should invest in a real computer.
58 Troll Death Knight
I wanna be a master pokemon.

On my Windows computer, I have a checkbox in the launcher to switch between 32-bit and 64-bit mode. Does the Mac launcher have a similar checkbox?

(Edit:
Oh, I misread the blue post. Re-reading, it looks like anyone with a 64-bit Mac may have issues. All modern Macs are 64-bit, so ouch thats a shame.)
Edited by Inushi on 5/8/2012 3:36 PM PDT
90 Orc Death Knight
05/08/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Hazouki

You should invest in a real computer.

I agree!
90 Blood Elf Mage
05/08/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Scyl
"Live" Im gonna guess beta servers?

05/08/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Kaivax
We have a new build of the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria beta client

What do you think?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]