Ideas for Expansion after MoP?

85 Tauren Druid
Can't wait for MoP but I'm also curious whats gonna be next brainstorm peoplez?

I'm not a big lore junkie so don't flame me. I've looked in to a few select people that i like -.-

2011 blizz con chris hinted at Illidan being brought back So i'd think it might have to do with that since he "died" in BC but has showed up in Wotlk, and Cata, so im assuming MoP as well. Also, with the well of eternity in 4.3 cause its in caverns of time it might change something so he doesn't need a straight jacket in the future.

Or since Thrall is going to be warcheif again maybe killing garrosh cuz everyone hate him still.

I've also heard Emerald Dream was going to be next.
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin
Every time before the next xpac, people think Emerald dream is always next. I had a argument with someone that thought emerald dream was next xpac 1 week before mop was announced. I thought it was mop because I read a 50 page forum of wowchampion talking about this disc called "Mists of Pandaria" and it seemed to be something to do with pandarens.

Before wrath, people thought Emerald dream was next, same happened before cata ect.
Edited by Sagerius on 5/8/2012 5:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I'm of the opinion it'll be some type of Outlands/Burning Legion stuff. Yes, Metzen indicated that he would like to potentially bring back Illidan. He also stated in an interview about MoP that Blood Elves and Draenei would get more lore/screen time in the expansion following Mists.

Plus I figure with huge ovehaul they have done with Warlocks (and Warlock mechanics) and the addition of Warlock lore (book about the Council of Six Daggers and what not) all point to some type of Outlands/Burning Legion/Twisting Nether/Fel shenanigans in the expansion after Mists of Pandaria.
Edited by Foppington on 5/8/2012 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Unrelated, but I want to see an achievement called Panda Express

"Panda Express."
Complete any Mists of Pandaria raid in at least 90 seconds before an enrage triggers.
Reply Quote
Some expansions:
- Another Legion one
- Emerald Dream
- Back in Time
- South Seas

I'd like a Legion one since it's been awhile since we really dealt with them and for various other reasons like wanting to see Argus+Draenei doing things.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Also, Chris said particularly blood elves.

Second, I have posted such a thing on the general forums, but as expected I have to deal with not as good people, like reading the whole thing, considering all the lore out there, etc. Feel free to look at that, it can't get any worse and I would love to see someone read the whole thing and know there lore, so I can have an intelligent debate. But it's also a suggestion to blizz as I know they're on those forums, and people are there too, the two things I wanted from posting on general.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
That'd be pretty cool. Release of Demon hunter class seems like it would fit. But i think thats a very slim chance of happening. But also, my main is a lock so I would love the awesome sets they use to have around a demon themed expansion
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Have Blizzard completely forgotten about Azshara and Nzoth. I mean there pretty big threats currently unchecked and left alone to plan there next moves. The Abyssal Maw is under threat and the very seas we travel to Pandaria on may be under Naga and old god control. That is a serious concern.
Blood elves and Dreanei should have been updated with the rest of the races. It puts these 2 races in a difficult position. Blood elves are still stuck in a bc-wrath transition, while the Dreanei were show to have made progress with the exodar flying again and a more cataclysm timeline, but nothing has been shown in game and to me its a serious concern again. Waiting for a legion based expansion just to update these 2 races is an excuse not to give them something now.
Blizzard make stories that go far beyond the games timeline, and its seriously screwing up there lore. Characters are killed in stories yet remain in the game, these kind of things need to be fixed otherwise Blizz will come to a stage where they will forget about a characters death in a story, but continue to use them for future content in the game.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Priest
It has been said Blood Elves and Draenai will be getting new lore after MoP, so I'm thinking more Outland stuff and maybe the return to Turlyon and Alleria, given from what I've heard about MoP tips.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
05/08/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Lumpanatorjr
Have Blizzard completely forgotten about Azshara and Nzoth. I mean there pretty big threats currently unchecked and left alone to plan there next moves.
N'Zoth is not a known-threat, ICly. He's also been acting almost entirely through proxies, all of whom have been destroyed. As far as Azshara, I imagine she's biding her time in Nazjatar where we really don't have the capability to reach her yet. Both of them will show up later, I'm sure.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Pandaren is a race that has 3/10 awesomeness and it already gets a whole expansion and a whole continent!

With that logic, I'd say that Draenei, a race with 11/10 awesomeness, deserves 2 more expansions and 3 new continents.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Every time before the next xpac, people think Emerald dream is always next. I had a argument with someone that thought emerald dream was next xpac 1 week before mop was announced. I thought it was mop because I read a 50 page forum of wowchampion talking about this disc called "Mists of Pandaria" and it seemed to be something to do with pandarens.

Before wrath, people thought Emerald dream was next, same happened before

This is why

once upon a time some data miners discovered unfinished Emerald dream territories I believe either during or slightly before BC. There were three partially constructed territories that used textures and such that have never had the pleasure of gracing Warcraft (Accept for a Jade humanoid statue which was placed at the center of emerald dragon shire).

It was basically a field with odd flowers models, an emerald forest of floating twisty rooted trees and some zone with no textures but jade statues. It also featured some interesting ground structure samples that took the form of swirly symbols, they were like dirt mount art.

Several of these videos come up whenever someone searches Next WoW expansion on youtube, which results in thousands of people seeing these videos and thinking they are spoilers for the next expansion without looking at upload dates. This has been happening for years. People don't realize that it is an incredibly ancient datamine with polygon counts far too old for our current model, in fact it was obvious they were made during BC production because some of the Textures were recognizable from the era.

It's also because little is known about the emerald dream and it keeps getting mentioned in warcraft lore, more so than the elemental planes or the twisting nether (heck most lore noobs recall their first experience with it as druids or in Wailing Caverns). So to the average lore clueless WoW player the emerald dream is this big over hyped mystery they really want to see and think every expansion should be it.

Truth is despite blizzards intentions on making it they have since crapped it with knaaks terrible book known as stormrage, Perhaps one day they'll make a territory out of it or perhaps an instance but they have no intentions of making it available as an expansion.
Edited by Onimontu on 5/8/2012 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2548788410
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3565946726
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2267582260
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4662237101

take a look and please tell me what you think
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Illidan and Demon hunters can/will be in the same expac as blood elves and draenei cause they do all have to deal with BC stuff, even Turalyon and Alleria.

Blood elves will just have particular focus, as Chris from press interview said.
Edited by Knalivas on 5/15/2012 3:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I'd like a "South Seas," or an ocean/island expansion. I think a Tinker class is the one that we are most likely to get.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'd like to see continents raised from the sea, a Naga expansion, the burning legion stuff, and an actual time of peace before another crapstorm.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They could even throw in a joke expansion:

Now that the Exodar is up and running, the Draenei have decided to look for a new home planet. After finding one they transport out and start building their cities etc. Later down the road they start running into indigenous populations, but instead of communicating, the natives just flee and stealth out. This arouses suspicion in the Draenei and they go out to find the leader of the Natives to inform that they come in peace.

While searching they start coming across more and more eerily similar statues to the ones they saw on Kalimdor. As they proceed further out in their explorations they finally find a city with a huge temple.

As they approach the Temple of a seemingly vacant city they hear a scream that could have been heard across the entire planet.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....he was not prepared
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The Titans/Xel'Naga/Angels team up to bring the fight to Azeroth.

The Draenei/Protoss team up to go take back Aiur/Argus.

Diablo takes command of the Swarm and starts animated dead victims, creating a new Scourge as well.

Because really it's all just the same crap after awhile and Blizzard needs to start getting new ideas.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Diablo takes command of the Swarm and starts animated dead victims, creating a new Scourge as well.

Because really it's all just the same crap after awhile and Blizzard needs to start getting new ideas.

You forgot to unzerg/unforsaken Kerrigan/Sylvanas.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

I wouldn't call it crap. I'd say it's pretty good. Due to dataminers we can predict it, sad thing. Though MoP has been under wraps mostly and not a lot was known to us.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We find a new landmass on the other side of Azeroth. Now wanting to be frontier pioneers, the Alliance decides to put the steam engines from their ships onto mine carts to make them go faster while wearing the newest trendy Badlands Cattle hats and using pistols.

The Horde responds with tying little old Gnome ladies onto the tracks our steam trains use.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]