Ideas for Expansion after MoP?

90 Human Warrior
Every time before the next xpac, people think Emerald dream is always next. I had a argument with someone that thought emerald dream was next xpac 1 week before mop was announced. I thought it was mop because I read a 50 page forum of wowchampion talking about this disc called "Mists of Pandaria" and it seemed to be something to do with pandarens.

Before wrath, people thought Emerald dream was next, same happened before cata ect.

God I hope they never devote an entire expansion to the emerald dream... !@#$in hippies...

It had a lot of potential before Knaak ruined it with that freakin' book.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I HOPE we go to another world. And I HOPE Turalyon is on it.

And I HOPE Blizzard totally uses a time warp story to show us that Turalyon actually became a King of his own Kingdom, and over the years this glorious Human/Dwarf/High Elf/Orc Kingdom was founded in another world and all those races found a way to live in peace.

They should call it World of Warcraft: The Elder Scrolls.

Turalyon is the Dovahkin?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
09/01/2012 01:38 AMPosted by Khaiden

QFT. Malfurion is the worst book I've read in my entire life.

Spoiler: A Knaak character who was killed in an earlier book of his takes over the Emerald dream and then the entire world. This Knaak character defeats every hero, NPC, and villain on Azeroth and takes over the entire planet. Malfurion then goes Super Sayan and 1 shots him.

I guess we could do an Emerald Dream expansion still...but it feels dirty now.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
"Rise of The Burning Legion"

The Burning legion is working hard in Outland to plan an full out attack on Azeroth. the Remaining blood elves and Draenei living in outland contact their Azerothian brothers and call them to aid in the attack on the burning legion in Outland. It would be cool if Illidan came back as the good guy and joined in the assault on the burning legion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
05/15/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Knalivas
Blood elves will just have particular focus, as Chris from press interview said.

Anyone have a source on this?

Well Rhonin was killed in the Tides of War and the Nightmare could pose and greater threat where the Adventures are needed the help defeat the Nightmare I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
id like to see another scourge expansion, but it will probably never happen again.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Something about Thermaplug (MOAR GNOME LORE.... Bitte....)

More on eredar and/or medivh, he is an eternal and not dead-dead. Karazhan seems orphaned, and could use some expansion.

Old Gods and their puppets are always good, and we dont have any 'aspects' anymore because they gave up all their powers and got Thrall's girlfriend knocked up in the cheesiest barf worthy thing since the end of the first lord of the rings movie.

I wouldnt mind doing something with sithilus again. It always seemed the most developed of all the questing I had done, or at least I found it compeling.

Ashzara is still hanging out there.

Another Ulduar-ish instance which seems univerally loved.

The naaru need development

The dark Iron Dwarves are always good for killing, and the council of the 3 hammers will probably erupt.

More scourge, reclaiming the plaguelands and such.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
09/03/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Snocterris
id like to see another scourge expansion, but it will probably never happen again.

I hope not. WoTLK was the least visually stimulating expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
@Furrkane

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/19/mists-of-pandaria-chris-metzen-interview/

We've got all sorts of story vectors for draenei, blood elves ... them in particular, for ... down the road?

That's the specific part anyway. He's specifically putting emphasis on the blood elves when he mentions "story vectors" or lore basically.

The question and the rest of the paragraph is:
The draenei and blood elves had their own world, their own expansion to themselves, but they've been kind of in the background since then. Goblins feel like they're a part of the horde proper, the worgen maybe haven't felt as connected to the Alliance as some other races. Is there a place for pandaren after Mists is over, and are there any plans to bring some of those previous-expansion races not necessarily back into the spotlight, but into the players' eyes?

There's almost like three answers to that, or there's three vectors of that. One would be that, in a weird way, it depends on the racial kit and how harmonic it is to the faction kit. Goblins are a no-brainer; they feel like Horde even if they weren't part it. And their starting zone is two feet outside of the capital city, so in pretty much every way, that feels right.

Worgen and draenei are a harder sell. Worgen have no homeland, they're currently squatting in the night elf tree. And they're werewolves, right? It's not exactly an easy fit into the Alliance spectrum of broad fantasy vectors. Draenei are maybe the weirdest fit for an Alliance race, and their homeland's pretty far away. So there's a lot of factors in how races feel closer or further away from the core of their faction. And that's always gonna be a weird space for us.

And pandaren, relative to that, well, there'll always be the Wandering Isle and everything. But those pandaren that have joined red or blue really live amongst red or blue now. They have their cities out there, but they've really chosen to be red or blue. And they're about as weird as werewolves or draenei.

I'm trying to think of Horde races. I guess only blood elves feel like the odd man out for the Horde. I hope that we've engineered that into it as deftly as we could, but you know, it's the equivalent of a bunch of white chicks hanging out with goblin or tauren. It's weird. The Alliance races are a little pushed, but I think we're finding that balance with pandaren running around Stormwind, you know. Like "hey, it's those guys!" We just think it's cool they're hanging around with us.

The other part of it was older races getting time in the spotlight. We've got all sorts of story vectors for draenei, blood elves ... them in particular, for ... down the road? We'll see how those play out, but their big moments may not necessarily be a big part of Mists of Pandaria. But there's definitely mega-stories to tell for both of those races. We're keenly aware that there's inherent cool in all of this stuff, all of these characters. It's the same argument that could be made, you know -- Thrall was front and center in Cataclysm. Garrosh and Varian are gonna have some awesome moments in Mists. Even other characters like Vol'Jin are gonna have some cool stuff to do after all these years.

We know there's inherent cool in all these guys, but it's not always the right time to bring all these flavors to bear. But we're committed to the races and doing things with them, and all the other characters that don't have a lot of screen time.
Edited by Zarhonix on 9/3/2012 7:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Unrelated, but I want to see an achievement called Panda Express

"Panda Express."
Complete any Mists of Pandaria raid in at least 90 seconds before an enrage triggers.

I believe this exists, or at leasts was in the beta at one point.

Expansions:

Burning Legion invasion of Azeroth
Argus
N'Zoth / Great Sea / Emerald Dream (a lot to fit into one expansion, but it'd be great)

Whatever it is it'll be announced at Blizzcon 2013. Maybe we'll even eventually get to go to the Titan's homeworld.
Edited by Wildsharu on 9/3/2012 11:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/01/2012 01:47 AMPosted by Threeslotbag

QFT. Malfurion is the worst book I've read in my entire life.

Spoiler: A Knaak character who was killed in an earlier book of his takes over the Emerald dream and then the entire world. This Knaak character defeats every hero, NPC, and villain on Azeroth and takes over the entire planet. Malfurion then goes Super Sayan and 1 shots him.

Ehh, it was just lame because nothing translated into the game and no one mentioned the plague of sleep and the horrible event that at least equalled the Cataclysm. I thought the whole merging Azeroth and the Dream / Nightmare theme though, that was cool. I can't wait to head into the dream and fight the Nightmare that will undoubtably escape from the abrrier at the Rift of Aln. Plus, this made it so that when we do enter the Dream it won't be ALL nightmare already.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/03/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Desidarius

True a lot of it was bleak (it IS the frozen north afterall) but Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills and Storm Peaks were flat out GORGEOUS. Far prettier than any other zones released so far.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The options

1- Expanding Outland. Since Outland is but part of a planet, maybe some more regions just happen to float close enough (perhaps collide) so we can explore them. Its a pretty easy story. Might give them a chance to finish the Turalyon/Alleria storylines. Also Consortium City, entire massive neutral city run by the Ethereals.. yeah.. awesome.

2- Expanding Azeroth. Tul Kiras (ship to ship battleground pls!), the 2 remaining map zones that arent involved yet, possibly some more islands. The Tomb of Sargeras would make a pretty awesome raid..

3- The Emerald Dream. People have been crying for it for years, although i think a solid forest expansion would probally be pretty repeatative and boring. I suppose it could be combined with option 2 though.

4- More undersea areas. In theory theres room for about 20 more undersea regions, although the first one wasn't too well recieved so it might not be worth the investment. Again combining with 2 might be possible.

5- Titans/Old Gods We could go to a realm(s) controlled by either faction if their 'cold war' was to liven up. Make for some interesting territory, although i think it might end up being a little outlandish.

6 - Other worlds beyond the Dark Portal. We know the Burning Legion conquered thousands of worlds, in theory we could go to any number of those. Some might be in rebellion since Azeroth pantsed the Burning Legion in WC3. Similar to expanding Outland but with a brand new non-colour coded world concept ;)
Edited by Deztal on 9/5/2012 4:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I believe that the next expansion will be the gnomes and goblins become allies and create and an invention that create a flux in space and size, making them the largest playable races. They will then proceed to form a faction of their own and massacre everyone who has made short jokes about them. Just not sure how Blizzard would phase that so the whole story didn't become messed up beyond recognition...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Also worgen would go completely feral and start massacring everyone as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/04/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Lochnar

True a lot of it was bleak (it IS the frozen north afterall) but Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills and Storm Peaks were flat out GORGEOUS. Far prettier than any other zones released so far.

WotLK was beautiful, if technologically limited compared to now. Cataclysm looked like a kid's coloring book in comparison to it. Hyjal was unnaturally green with bold red and black contrasts that made it look a bit Christmas-y to be honest. Uldum was an Egyptian Pyramid coloring book. I did like the array of colors in Vashj'ir and Twilight Highlands was at least a bit more muted, despite large purple rifts and tentacles.

I loved WotLK's look, as it muted the normally cartoonish WoW (Burning Crusade was a bit much) while still providing breathtaking sights, such as the Grizzlemaw, Howling Fjord, Sholozar Basin, and the Storm Peaks
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Nobody mentioned Sergaras. Here's my idea for the next Expac, focusing on more BC type stuff.

Sergaras revives Archimonde, Kil'Jaiden and Illidan (Blizz said they might be reviving Illidan anyway) with the intent of re-starting the Burning Crusade into Azeroth. Realizing the fault he has caused a virtually infinite amount of people (Mainly his own), Illidan breaks away from Sergaras with a small army of fellow Demon Hunters, and returns to Azeroth. Before the natives of Azeroth tear him apart, he claims to have broken all ties with the burning legion (Similar to the Death Knights), and convinces the people by telling them that Sergaras is Re-building his armies.

Enter the Demon Hunter class. Illidan, as some of you might know, was the first demon hunter. He literally defined what it means to be one. Being tens of thousands of years old, he has had plenty of time to hone these skills, and now wishes to share them with the people of Azeroth. However by Draenei Logic, Demon Hunters are Abominations, as they are half demon and half man. BY LORE (Probably not going to happen) The Draenei would refuse the Demon Hunter class. Don't get me wrong, i think a Draenei Demon Hunter would be sick. But morally they would refuse.

The Demon Hunter class would be a stealthy mana user that specializes in fighting demons (Obviously. And in a similar manner that Shaman fight Elementals. Nothing OP like a damage bonus) and tearing down single opponents. The catch, is that they can DPS or Tank.
The DPS is obvious, but the tanking bit might not be. When in tank spec/gear, they have an extremely high dodge chance with a lowered parry chance, as well as a chance to dodge spells, as some famous Demon hunters have been known to do. (The way that would work for PvP, is the casters Hit chance would lower the Demon Hunters overall dodge chance equal to the casters hit chance.) ((For example, a Mage casts pyroblast at a Demon Hunter. The Mage has a 15% chance to hit, and the Demon Hunter has a 45% chance to dodge. The Pyroblast would have a 30% chance of missing the Demon Hunter.))
The reason for the high dodge chance, is because Demon Hunters rarely wear anything heavier than Leather, and that's because they prefer stealth and speed over strength and brute force.
While being mostly a Melee class, Demon Hunters do have a few ranged abilities. A notable one, as seen in Warcraft III is Mana Burn, which we should all be familiar with by now.

Also, a rite of passage for Demon Hunters is having your eyes burned out of the sockets; a tradition that started when Sergaras first took Illidan's sight and replaced it with the ability to track Demons and magic users with heightened senses. In game, this would mean having a different Hue of color over the screen, as well as having certain mobs and the like have a thick aura of a different color, similar to the Ancient Char-Hound of the Molten Front or the Pureblood Fire-Hawk mount.

Another thing they could do is add the Broken as a playable race. Would be fitting, imo. And they could bring back Akama to lead em'.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/08/2012 11:24 PMPosted by Øxen
Sergaras revives Archimonde, Kil'Jaiden and Illidan (Blizz said they might be reviving Illidan anyway) with the intent of re-starting the Burning Crusade into Azeroth. Realizing the fault he has caused a virtually infinite amount of people (Mainly his own), Illidan breaks away from Sergaras with a small army of fellow Demon Hunters, and returns to Azeroth. Before the natives of Azeroth tear him apart, he claims to have broken all ties with the burning legion (Similar to the Death Knights), and convinces the people by telling them that Sergaras is Re-building his armies.

First off, I just am obligated to say: Sargeras*.

The story there seems like it could work, but I, personally, wouldn't like to see Illidan revived. We had an expansion based around killing him. It would make basically all of Burning Crusade have to be linked through a time portal or something, or a complete overhaul of all of Outland.

Another thing they could do is add the Broken as a playable race. Would be fitting, imo. And they could bring back Akama to lead em'.

The Broken are a sub-race of the Draenei, simply mutated and devolved due to corruption courtesy of the demonic influence Outland had/has.

Now, personally, I'd LOVE to see a South Seas expansion, or the other side of Azeroth. It seems to me that the Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend, Kalimdor and now Pandaria would be insignificant when the entirety of Azeroth is pulled into perspective.

Even in the small section of Azeroth we have available to us, there are a few islands that are unaccounted for. Kul Tiras, for one, as well as the little island just slightly northwest of Pandaria, which I remember having read somewhere what it was, but I forget now.

I think that the water system we have available to us in WoW is severely underrated and not played with enough. I always thought boats were very boring in WoW. In fact, with the Alliance Vashj'ir entry quest, when you're on the boat that's cruising through the ocean... Well, that was honestly one of my favorite parts of the expansion.

As I believe someone before me said, an oceanic expansion could bring in the Naga, and all the kind of vague lore therein.

I'm all for the ocean expansion, I think it would be magnificent to spend an expansion on, not in, around or near, the ocean. Of course, we'd need some islands and such to keep things interesting...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]