Faction Change: What race?

85 Blood Elf Warrior
So I'm getting a server switch/faction change to play with my best friend. I'm trying to find a good alliance race that is not only good for my warrior, but also not gay. All I really do is PvP on my Arms Warrior atm, but I plan on doing raids eventually.

Worgens look cool enough. They get the crit, the sprint, and all the cool worgen stuff that comes with it.

Humans get a free trinket, meaning another cool trinket for me, faster rep for all my rep needs, don't they get increased swords or something as well? And I like the humans because I'm a human. Represent.

Draenei have that racial heal which would be helpful for in-between skirmishes for my PvP. Idk too much else about them.

Dwarfs have the stoneskin which make them more durable in sticky situations. They also have that warrior aspect about them which is cool.

Nelfs and gnomes, I'm not a huge fan of. I'm gonna miss my Belf dearly, because I love killing people and looking fabulous while I do it, but friends come first. Suggestions?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Human, no contest.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Human or Orc.

TBH... Orc racial + stun meta = lolwhatstun...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
^ Human
Edited by Badschneider on 5/8/2012 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Humans are a terror on this game. And they look horrible.

I'd go dwarf personally.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
if you want the generic race of every game, go human, if you want something a bit more amusing, go gnome.

Dwarf is still good, i think. I forget the racial, but it's good.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Human double trink is too good to pass up
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
05/08/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Funkykong
but also not gay.

Any race in the game is less gay than a male BE...female BE's included.

That being said, humans are the top choice for PVP, thanks to the free trinket. Night elf gets a nice shadowmeld, which is fairly useful for PVP, getting in and out of sticky situations, and burst damage. Dwarves are thematically cool, gnomes have a semi-trinket in the form of Escape Artist, the heal on dranei is nice but not game-breaking, and well...there's always the worgen.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
i wish my friends on horde..

i would have gone orc miss those 5 sec deep freezes...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Human since you pvp. Whatever you do, don't go Worgen with a two handed class. Their 2H Special attack is horrible imo. Doing a leap slash may sound cool on paper, but when it constantly clips you through mobs, it's very annoying and looks terrible. If it wasn't for that, this toon would probably still be a Worgen.
Reply Quote
FOR KHAZ`MODAN!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Gnome warriors effectively have 3 CC escapes within PvP. Zerker stance for Incapacitate and fear effects, Escape Artist for Snares and roots, and the PvP mobility trinket for everything else. I still can't out mobilize or kill mages, though. I'd say...

• Gnomes for higher than average mobility.
  • Dwarves for pissing off rogues, druids, and DKs.
  • Humans for increased DPS.
  • Night Elves for slight increased chance to be missed.
  • Worgen for Sprint and Crit rating.

• Draenei for a slight boost in self-heals (50% total healing when macro'd with ER) and lesser
    priority on reforging for hit.
  • Obviously I prefer to be a gnome, mostly because seeing a tiny person in full plate swinging weapons as larger or larger than him/herself is hilarious. No matter which way you go, you still won't kill mages.
    Reply Quote
    100 Orc Death Knight
    Human racial is either getting nerfed or their going to make it less desirable to pick Human purely for the free trinket in MoP so keep that in mind.
    Reply Quote
    85 Dwarf Warrior
    Just do it. You know you want to.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Warrior
    05/08/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Erzsebet
    Just do it. You know you want to.

I second this motion
    Reply Quote
    05/08/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Griffe
    Human since you pvp. Whatever you do, don't go Worgen with a two handed class. Their 2H Special attack is horrible imo. Doing a leap slash may sound cool on paper, but when it constantly clips you through mobs, it's very annoying and looks terrible. If it wasn't for that, this toon would probably still be a Worgen.

I agree, Worgens are the most bad bleep looking race but not into 2H attack especialy in pvp

Its sad cause nothing like using the Worgen roar over a horde who does not release spirit.

plus humans look better in DS normal n Heroic gear cause of the boots
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Mage
    Dwarf is still good, i think. I forget the racial, but it's good.

Stoneform. Acts as a mini Shield Wall with I think 10-20% damage reduction, as well as removing all bleeds from you.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]