Power Word: I'd Like To Buy Dispersion Rug

85 Gnome Priest
HEHEHEHE. Puns.

Welcome to the latest PW: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap.

The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812

To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic rules:

1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome.

2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread.

3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine.

4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. We gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators.

5. PW: Vent info:
teamlights

6. PW: IRC info:
irc.p2p-network.net
#wowpriests

Discussion: If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
90 Blood Elf Priest
REPOSTAN

05/08/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Merrz
Coolest superpower? Being Nightcrawler. BAMF BAMF BAMF!

i actually prefer flight to teleportation but it runs a close second. bonus if i get to have wings like archangel.

did you ever see that remake of the x-men as kids or whatever? i LOVED the fact that even though nightcrawler could teleport, he was always late to school.

05/08/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Nixx
Especially Aquaman. Woah, he can make whales do what he wants. So can any guy. They have no self esteem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUuhWX6F-9s

e: amusing thread title, btw +5 points
Edited by Tsilyi on 5/8/2012 9:39 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/08/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Nixx
I SAW. I WAS NOT AMUSED.

we are men of action, lies do not become us.

-Carl Sagan
100 Night Elf Priest
we are men of action, lies do not become us.

-Carl Sagan

You have found a way to make me upset twice in one post!

My superpower would be telekinesis, hands down.
100 Tauren Priest
Can I be the lame one and have the power like rogue to suck out other powers from people, but then keep those superpowers so I can has them all?

Gotta suck em all gotta....

O boy.
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/08/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Emchan
You have found a way to make me upset twice in one post!

UPSET? combining two of the best quotes/people in the world is not cause for upsetness.
85 Undead Priest
Gotta suck em all gotta....

O boy.

I just wanted to point this out.

I think its fairly obvious that being able to control peoples minds would be the best superpower. Not sure whether I'd prefer Dr. X style, or Sovereign. Probably sovereign.
90 Pandaren Mage
cuz getting a post capped thread after a work meeting sucks!

Loki was a great villain this time around for sure. Good choice for Tom Hiddleston, his expressions just reeked of arrogance the entire time.

tl;dr inc

I was a bit concerned with the whole Joss Whedon thing, since he's never really done....anything in the grand scheme. One TV show that lasted, a bunch of cancelled ones and a box office flop despite becoming a charming cult classic. But I remained as positive as I could considering his extensive work in the comic industry with the X-Men etc. Long and short of it, he pulled it off. He knows what a "comic" should feel like, over the top with classic one-liners and sarcasm peppered throughout.

Even with some of the huge action scenes it never overplayed one hero over the other, or shooting in for that closeup, but keeping them together in frame. Of course Robert Downey stealing most of the show again with the sharp humor. Mark Ruffalo did a great job as Bruce Banner, arguably my favorite character in the movie in both crazy atavistic Hulk and not. Captain America fit his role from what I remember in the comics, that never-say-die foot soldier type. It was also nice that Black Widow was given considerable time, we learn more about her (and her curves /growl), though I wish there was more to Hawkeye beyond just being a bad !@#.

Thor, I'm still gonna take issue with people giving it a hard time :P Thor was always an arrogant demi-god type, thinking he was untouchable. Kind of like the "rich Dad kid syndrome," and for that reason he nailed it in the first film. If anything the story was hindered by the running time to really really flesh it out. Thor's history is so closely tied with the Warriors Three (Hogun, Volstagg, Fandral) and Sif and we never really got to see enough of that in the Thor movie, so while I do agree he is the weakest character so far in the series, I don't think it's entirely deserved of being marked as $%^-ty. Hopefully in Thor 2 we will get a better chance to improve on that.

and now for this new one! For a superpower, I'd absolutely take Wolverine's healing.
100 Tauren Priest
05/08/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Tradewynd
Hopefully in Thor 2 we will get a better chance to improve on that.

O please dear god tell me there isn't going to be a Thor 2.
90 Pandaren Mage
05/08/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Iambic

I'll wind up watching it because I love crappy movies. I watched Mortal Kombat and the Street Fighter movie yesterday. I have the Mario Brother's dvd too.

Did you just call Mortal Kombat crappy? :P

You kids need to start separating the idea of "Crap movie" with "lol what is this?! but it's awesome anyway" :P

Start enjoying things for what they're worth, you'll be happier.
78 Human Priest
Mortal Kombat was a good movie for what it was. Goofy as hell. And whenever I need to get pumped up I listen to the main theme, works every time.
90 Blood Elf Priest
TEST YOUR MIGHT
90 Pandaren Mage
05/08/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Merrz
Mortal Kombat was a good movie for what it was. Goofy as hell. And whenever I need to get pumped up I listen to the main theme, works every time.

Exactly. A "good movie" is one that gets it's point across and entertains you. A "movie I didn't like" is one that doesn't do that. A "crap movie" is something that completely offends your sensibilities.

It doesn't need to have oscar noms to be "good."

I'd rather watch Starship Troopers than The King's Speech. Because ST is infinitely more entertaining.
Edited by Tradewynd on 5/8/2012 10:26 AM PDT
93 Undead Priest
05/08/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Rapsidy

Did Thor make money, yes it did, therefore it will be run into the ground.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]