Why dont tanks need hit rating?

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Mage
???
90 Troll Warrior
DPS isn't our primary concern, and our survivability isn't affected by our ability to hit the target.
90 Human Paladin
And taunts and interrupts can no longer miss.
39 Dwarf Paladin
dont need to hit them...just piss them off
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/08/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Sildas
DPS isn't our primary concern, and our survivability isn't affected by our ability to hit the target.
85 Goblin Shaman
youre not there to dps, reforging to hit is a meager dps increase in a raid setting, especially 25man... any stat reforged to hit or expertise results in lower survivability as well, which is a lot worse considering your role is to... mitigate damage.

Plus, you dont need "more dps" to hold aggro. If you have threat issues, it's outside of dps stats.
90 Tauren Paladin
For tanks, hit is a threat stat. If you're having threat problems, you're doing it wrong.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Not to mention you would never reforge to hit even if you did want more damage, you would reforge to expertise as it provides a bigger dps gain until soft cap (26)
90 Draenei Paladin
Because even though we have no hit, chances are we're going to eventually hit something :P

You have a higher chance to hit something then you do to not hit it.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/08/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Drayen
If you have threat issues, it's outside of dps stats.

Like PEBKAC?
90 Goblin Warrior
I have found that the only time a PvE tank should gear for hit rating is if his avoidance is too high for the content he runs. I reforged for hit/exp because I tank Regular dungeons and found myself rage starved. Since I had avoidance to spare for the content I prefer to run on this character, I shifted my stats to decrease misses and such, so that I had more even rage generation and could be assured that I wasn't wasting rage on misses.

If I started tanking Heroics or Raids, I would put everything back into avoidance and be done with hit, because at that point I'll have to rebalance in order to take less damage from the stronger monsters.
90 Human Paladin
Threat was buffed 500% awhile ago,if you are having aggro problems you're doing something wrong.

OT:at higher gear levels (H DS) reforging to hit/exp isnt that bad of an idea (because you will be over ctc cap with no buffs). because of all the magic dmg in DS its a better idea to gem for stam (ctc doesnt help mitigate magic dmg)

EDIT: as said above exp a better tank dps stat than hit.
Edited by Dasturos on 5/8/2012 12:31 PM PDT
90 Troll Warrior
05/08/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Feanorion
I have it transmogged to my Crystalforge set so there is no mistaking which set I'm in.

Doing it wrong. I have all my pieces transmogged identically so I can wear DPS gear and nobody notices. ;D
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I had my tanking gear and ret gear transmogged differently but everyone was disappointed i was not in my garters anymore.

Now the only difference between my gear is that i use Askhandi for ret.
05/08/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Feanorion

Doing it wrong. I have all my pieces transmogged identically so I can wear DPS gear and nobody notices. ;D

This may surprise you, but I WANT them to notice me, and I WANT them to know I'm in dps gear. If they don't know, then I am robbed of their reactions.

Easiest way to get noticed:

Transmog pve gear into full current-honor-level gear (In this case, ruthless).

They'll be leaving your groups without even inspecting you.
85 Goblin Death Knight
Hitting a target is all about threat. Blizz buffed threat from 300% to 500% so that tanks could focus on survivability.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/09/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Jozie
Hitting a target is all about threat.

And damage.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]