Wyrmrest, tell me about yourself.

05/08/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Jadoth
There's a very peculiar OOC mentality - "I play 'Old Horde' races, therefore I am superior to those who don't" - running rampant on this server. It's dumb.

I don't feel that way at all. All I feel is that I can't get any RP. :[ So many occasions of me talking to people and being COMPLETELY unacknowledged. It's saddening a lot of the times. Not a single person in the tavern at Silvermoon would talk to my Orc, except of course, the awesome Tauren working there, I would tell you his name but I forgot it. I'd stay on Horde if there were more people like him. :D
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Enekie
No one plays Orcs because Orc players are the absolute worst.

And THIS is why I don't get RP. People like this. Gonna go out on a limb and say you're the top of the hierarchy of RP. I chose to be an Orc because the Orcs are my favorite Horde race, not to mention they're fun to RP because they're not set to a single stereotype (except horribly stupid according to the Alliance). Tauren is in second place.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
05/08/2012 08:54 PMPosted by Garrók
I don't feel that way at all. All I feel is that I can't get any RP. :[ So many occasions of me talking to people and being COMPLETELY unacknowledged. It's saddening a lot of the times. Not a single person in the tavern at Silvermoon would talk to my Orc, except of course, the awesome Tauren working there, I would tell you his name but I forgot it. I'd stay on Horde if there were more people like him. :D

Have you tried the Wyvern's Tail in Orgrimmar? (Located in the Non-Laggy Valley, not sure what its name is) I see quite a few RPers there, actually as of late I've been seeing a lot more RP in Non-Laggy Valley.
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Enekie
Are you sure you're not letting your contempt for Blood Elves seep into your persona?

It is "seeping into my persona". I can't RP, what I came to the server to do, because nobody responds to Garrok. I'm not gonna be one of those guys who does the attacks on Blood Elves. Just not going to try and, well... hold them in my highest regards.
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Jadoth
Have you tried the Wyvern's Tail in Orgrimmar? (Located in the Non-Laggy Valley, not sure what its name is) I see quite a few RPers there, actually as of late I've been seeing a lot more RP in Non-Laggy Valley.

Actually yeah, me and some Goblins had a great conversation about Engineering. I don't see too many people in there often though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
05/08/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Garrók
Actually yeah, me and some Goblins had a great conversation about Engineering. I don't see too many people in there often though.

Activity is spotty. But when it's busy, it is busy. Sometimes I just sit around OOC and watch the RP.
Reply Quote
Alright, a couple things about your post. I understand people see us as the most hostile race, but if I'm not acting hostile then there's probably no hostility intended. When I RP, I always wear civilian clothes, try to RP with people that seem interesting.

I'm also saying that the majority of people I've TRIED to RP with have been Blood Elves, I get shot down every time. Even asking simple questions like "D'ya have any idea wut des two are doin'?" on my Darkspear Troll, gets ignored. I've had great RP with Trolls, Taurens, and Goblins, and not a single Blood Elf. Hell, I even had a long story with a Troll once, and that helped build my character even farther. But these Blood Elves just ignore me and make me go back to my corner of the room until another "un-beautiful" race comes through the door.

Also, what's with these attacks on me? I'm giving my honest opinion here and you're just telling me that I'm wrong and people hate me because I'm an Orc.
Edited by Garrók on 5/8/2012 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Wilhiem
I am an eyenigma.

You are also an Eye-patch Brother.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I took my eyepatch off...
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Priest
I would rp with you on my belf. Provided you didn't post at me when I'm in pvp mode and vanishing into bgs/arenas all the time *nods* Most of the people who can coax me into rp usually play orcs and trolls, tbh. Not making excuses for people who've ignored you, but some of us don't particularly care who's playing what as long as rp is happening. There's quite a few people who rp belfs out in orgrimmar that don't restrict their rp based on race, jadoth is one I can think of, mourne is another.

They're out there, just keep posting if someone seems interesting and don't let their race make you hesitate in wanting to rp.

Edit: That was at Garrok.
Edited by Drove on 5/8/2012 10:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Giant Squids,

05/08/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Snuffit
I just had a brief IC exchange with a BE on my Orc when fishing at darkmoon for those freakin' Sea Ponies. (Why won't it drop for meeeeeeeeeeeeee?)

You need to call out to them: youtu.be/P4TedkQP_hM

World Peace and Puppies,
--Eph
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Westbrook
I took my eyepatch off...
No, you just put one on each eye, added some material, and called it a hat.

Ha! I'm on to you...
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
I RP 24/7 on here. (All 20 of my toons on WrA!) The problem is I don't stay in one spot. One minute you may find me in Stormwind the next Outlands.
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Cadros
straight up not acknowledge your existence

Just because two races hated each other in the past doesn't mean I can be completely ignored by all Blood Elves on all of my Horde characters. Conflict always makes good roleplay, also.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]