Still unable to connect to guild chat

90 Blood Elf Mage
Still unable to connect. I have an iPhone 4, provider is Rogers (Canada).
Reply Quote
Hi, I have been having connection problems since updating to armory v3.3.0 just awhile ago on my iPhone 4.

Was logged onto guild chat the whole morning without problems, but had not been able to log into guild chat even for a second since I updated my armory about 2 hours ago (had been retrying since).

Now it takes me 3 or 4 attempts to get connected to armory, and I am consistently getting Connection Timed Out both for armory and guild chat login.

I'm on Oceanic realms Thaurissan and Jubei'thos.
Edited by Shadefox on 5/11/2012 2:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm also having the same issue with v3.3.0 on iPhone 4 worked after the initial download for ~20 minutes and then again for ~20 minutes several hours later. I'm getting the error from WiFi about port 8780 and on 3g the connection times out. Before updating earlier in the day I had no previous issues.

I'm on Suramar

Edit: I just reinstalled version 3.2 from my computer and it works perfectly no problems.
Edited by Bõõmkin on 5/11/2012 3:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I am on the iPhone 4 and have been unable to connect to Gchat since updating yesterday, receiving timeout errors just as everyone else. The server I am attempting to is Mal'Ganis-US.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Having the exact same problem. I'm using an iPhone 4s. I thought it might have had something to do with the remote chat app update and the iPhone update but seeing android users also having a problem. My main toon is on Blade's Edge -US but if I switch to another server (Winterhoof -US) I am able to participate in guild chat.

Also seems that the pushes are not working. I went into my settings and turned it onto Alerts so that I would have to complete an action before it went away. The app seemed to sign me out of guild chat as I went to the home screen (for the realms it worked on).

Following realms I have tried:

Blade's Edge -US (not working)
Grizzly Hills -US (not working)
Nagrand -Oceanic (not working)

Winterhoof -US (working)
Cenarius -US (working)
Ursin -US (working)
Ysera -US (working)

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Day 3 of outtage on blades edge. No change in status, but looking to see if your engineers require more feedback to solve this problem. Not gonna lie, it's pretty annoying at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Same issue here, when is this getting fixed? Problem started when I downloaded update. So frustrating.
Edited by Trinitti on 5/11/2012 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Now I can't even log into the app at all ;__;

Time to go get a life.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Mine has never worked:(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Going on day 5 of this outtage. Are we going about this the wrong way? The lack of communication makes it seem like we are. Should we be opening tickets?

Looking forward to a fix soon. Seems the longer this goes, the more chaotic it gets. Don't envy your job atm, truth be told.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Going on day 5 of this outtage. Are we going about this the wrong way? The lack of communication makes it seem like we are. Should we be opening tickets?

Looking forward to a fix soon. Seems the longer this goes, the more chaotic it gets. Don't envy your job atm, truth be told.

I opened a ticket last week about a mobile issue and was told GMs have nothing to do with the mobile app and to post on the forums.
Reply Quote
For the past 3 or 4 days I have been unable to log into the app. In game it shows me logged in on remote chat but afk. I have tried to uninstall the app off of my phone and it still shows me in game logged in on remote chat.
Blizzard Please fix this! Why am I paying 5 bucks a month for an app that isn't even working properly?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

I opened a ticket last week about a mobile issue and was told GMs have nothing to do with the mobile app and to post on the forums.

I had this same problem last year when the free period ended and opened a tech support ticket right through account management, not in game. The girl was helpful but all she did was talk to other people. I had reported it here too, but I wasn't clear what was the best way to approach this.

/shrug

At this point, I will unsub when I get back to the states if it's still not working. It's truly a money pit now.

Edit: don't tell anyone, cuz they'll jinx it.. but blades edge is connected right now. Crossing fingers that the solution is permanent.. (thank you for taking care of this!!)
Edited by Morcillita on 5/13/2012 5:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4926493141?page=2#29
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Blade's Edge still out. Moon Guard etc. still connect. Opened a ticket via account management, hopefully this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It's been unable to connect on and off for me, but for about 4-5 days or so, I've been unable to log into my character on Moon Guard using the app.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
05/28/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Elkhoof
It's been unable to connect on and off for me, but for about 4-5 days or so, I've been unable to log into my character on Moon Guard using the app.

I have a character on Moon Guard that is experiencing the exact same problem, but I've found that if I keep trying, within about 2-3 attempts it will login. Out engineers know about this issue and are still investigating why this is occurring.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
same problem here and it has been days........the chat connection error keeps occuring, is there any other way to resolve this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Feeling some strong deja vu here. I've been abroad for 7 days, finally get WiFi connection on my phone and decided to try if I can connect to guild chat. These are the results.

1- blades edge again will not connect
2- burning blade and moon guard connect with no issues
3- I see that this toon shows as having received whispers from two guildies on July 1st, days after I lost access to my computer, and weeks since I had successfully connected to wow remote (yes, I'm stupid. I still pay for this service even though it has not worked well in months.)

So I can only assume my toon still shows as logged on, and blades edge still suffers from connectivity issues. In other words, business as usual.

Not sure how else to beg for a resolution, but I can honestly say if my company had this poor QA track record, we wouldn't be in business.

Thanks for your attention.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
For over a week. I can't access any guild chat on Blade's Edge.
All other realms I can
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]