90 Blood Elf Priest
05/17/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Ðefine

I'm better than you.

PROVE IT BREH

LOL! Good luck on your Shaman.
Reply Quote

PROVE IT BREH

LOL! Good luck on your Shaman.

This one? Bugged HKM was a !@#$% with 9 people.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
05/17/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Abrasham

HKM is a BAMF
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/17/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Abrasham

Love the name.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
05/17/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Ðefine
Until someone claims a world top 10-15 kill on a boss that matters, I think saying anyone on this server is better than anyone else is just stupid.

we got world 16th zanoz. Props on finding the right arbitrary cutoff.
Reply Quote
at least it wasn't spooled who asked if piro was a girl. how i miss obama
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
05/17/2012 06:41 AMPosted by Sarkasmos
I'd wager if you added up the total amount of time we spent on progression pre-nerfs it would be FAR less than the total you guys spent, and that was with nerfs. I am, in fact, 100% sure of this truth.

One important variable that's ignored here is the percentage of your weekly raid hours that are spent on clearing. If 2 guilds each spend an hour clearing but one raids for 9 hours and the other raids for 20, the clear eats up a much larger percentage of the first guild's progression time. The extra hours each week are pure progression. Even if you were to directly compare the amount of hours needed to kill X boss, there are clear advantages to having that time grouped up on consecutive days versus spread out over multiple weeks. The differences I'm pointing out here obviously aren't even close to enough to account for huge gaps in kill dates, but they are by no means negligible.

I agree with a lot of what the late shift people have said in this thread. Our progression has been immediately above or below theirs for all of cata so I really can relate to where they are coming from. Guilds on our level may not put as much time or effort into the game as the top guilds do, but we put in more than enough to feel moderately proud of what we accomplish. Listening to sarkasmos constantly rant about how crappy everyone else on the server is (don't try to argue that you don't, you do and its obnoxious) gets really old really fast.

...not that I'm in the best position to complain because ~7 years ago I was at least as bad with trash talking as he is today, lol.
Reply Quote
I finished this tier on January 19th. 4.3 dropped on December 1st(?). I spent 7;30 to 12;00, 5 nights a week, for a little over a month in dragon soul dieing. Every Single week after the week of January 19th I spent 2 hours inside DS tops, per week.

The late shift finished this tier on April 6th. They spent 12:00 to 3;45, 3 nights a week, for a little over FOUR MONTHS in dragon soul dieing.

I'm fairly certain that serious endgame raiders spend considerably less time on progression than casual guilds do, and it has absolutely nothing to do with how much time is spent on clearing.

One important variable that's ignored here is the percentage of your weekly raid hours that are spent on clearing. If 2 guilds each spend an hour clearing but one raids for 9 hours and the other raids for 20, the clear eats up a much larger percentage of the first guild's progression time. The extra hours each week are pure progression. Even if you were to directly compare the amount of hours needed to kill X boss, there are clear advantages to having that time grouped up on consecutive days versus spread out over multiple weeks. The differences I'm pointing out here obviously aren't even close to enough to account for huge gaps in kill dates, but they are by no means negligible.

What? Why are you over-thinking this. If you count the number of weeks spent in dragon soul and multiply it by 20 you have the number of hours WWA raids during new content. You then subtract the number of weeks from that grand total and you have the number of hours WWA spent on progress.

--These are fake numbers
WWA:

5 x 20 =100 - 5 (time spent clearing)= 95 hours of actual progression.

You:

20x 9 = 180 -20 (time spent clearing)= 160 hours of actual progression.

Do you see how that works?

Now, I understand that none of those numbers are accurate, but I'm hoping that you can see the point I'm trying to make.
Edited by Detriment on 5/17/2012 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Guiles Theme Song: Will fail in 25 man raiding for 2 reasons. 1st, you have massively recruited players who are not progression worthy. 2nd, leadership will not be satisfied with the pace you move at.

Prediction: Guiles Theme Song will go back to 10 man raiding.

The Late Shift: In your current state you are led by a band of idiots. Congratulations on being the top guild at your piss poor raiding times. You will never be able to recruit a core of quality players with those times. You have achieved nothing yet you have Ricky spouting random BS. But I shall help you out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LDommzVgUc

Prediction: Guild will fall off the charts back to where it belongs with the assumption blizzard does not nerf content at the pace they currently do. Congrats on being one of the quickest groups of retards to score a kill when the nerfs hit.

The Requiem: Nothing to be said as you have remained steady with what you do.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Dragon Soul launched November 29.
WWA finished Dragon Soul January 25.

Your formula (weeks*hoursPerWeek)-5 comes out to roughly 175 hours, with weeks=9 and hoursPerWeek=20 as you said.
Reply Quote
Dragon Soul launched November 29.
WWA finished Dragon Soul January 25.

Your formula (weeks*hoursPerWeek)-5 comes out to roughly 175 hours, with weeks=9 and hoursPerWeek=20 as you said.

Not exactly.

Progression didn't start until the 6th, first reset with hard modes available.

WWA: US 12th

8 (# of lockouts) * 20 (# of hours per week) = 160 - 8 (# of hours spent clearing)

Grand Total: 152 Hours Which still isn't accurate due to madness falling on a Wednesday not on the last raiding hour of a Monday night.

With the same formula, your guild took upwards of 190 hours.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I wasn't even talking about total time like that, i mean just raw progression. Never mind the fact that we save weeks upon weeks of total time.

Also, @trixyz: Why would i try to argue i don't. Some of us are just honest, instead of hiding behind the "it's just a game" facade. Whether you like to admit it or not, winning a game feels good.
Reply Quote
#1 or gtfo suppppppppppppp
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
05/17/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Detriment
With the same formula, your guild took upwards of 190 hours

Not saying we didn't and not ashamed about it. I was overall happy with our progression this tier .
Reply Quote

Love the name.

<3

Until someone claims a world top 10-15 kill on a boss that matters, I think saying anyone on this server is better than anyone else is just stupid.

we got world 16th zanoz. Props on finding the right arbitrary cutoff.

Lucky me. I just randomly put that because it sounded about right.
Edited by Abrasham on 5/18/2012 5:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Guiles Theme Song: Will fail in 25 man raiding for 2 reasons. 1st, you have massively recruited players who are not progression worthy. 2nd, leadership will not be satisfied with the pace you move at.

The Late Shift: In your current state you are led by a band of idiots. Congratulations on being the top guild at your piss poor raiding times. You will never be able to recruit a core of quality players with those times. You have achieved nothing yet you have Ricky spouting random BS. But I shall help you out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LDommzVgUc

Prediction: Guild will fall off the charts back to where it belongs with the assumption blizzard does not nerf content at the pace they currently do. Congrats on being one of the quickest groups of retards to score a kill when the nerfs hit.

All i have to say is...

Where did that naughty rikkybobbie touch you? So butt hurt.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Guess it's time to play frost again. Been a while since I've even looked at other Dks logs from Fl and DS.
Edited by Ohlreic on 5/19/2012 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/skywall/Thrullgore/simple

This is your main correct? 6/8H with 1 kill each, barely able to do 6/8H at 20% nerf and you call other people bad. Too funny.

I remember you saying in trade how easy 8/8H was, yet you don't have a character who is 8/8H. Go back to your insignificant hole, no one cares what a non 8/8H have to say.

Love everyone else on this server still, even with this little tussle. WWA = win.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I like this rikkybobbie guy
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
That's that guy's second account, his main is 8/8, i'll let him decide if he tells you who he is.

And no, he's not in my guild.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]