WTB Power Shift Spine/Maddness vids

90 Night Elf Druid
Pls? Interested in seeing how you guys go about it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
You will have to wait on the Madness vid, since the last patch my PC has been crashing a lot and it crashed at the end of the kill causing the fraps to be corrupt. So the video was lost :(.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
^^ dat obsession
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
06/07/2012 05:11 AMPosted by Geoda
i don't even care about this video anymore. crits.. blow me.

Video actually has been posted for a few weeks. I had issues with the upload (it got cancelled by accident at 97% done, then when I raged and uploaded a poor quality version, then a week later I re-uploaded the high quality one but with no sound, then a few days later I added some crap music to it due to guidlies bugging me to do so).

Here it is even if you don't care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmaCCZDHhTg&feature=plcp

06/07/2012 11:17 PMPosted by Krazyito
You know. I've always thought I was anti-Power Shift just becasue they are closest form of competition Apoth has.. But I think it's just crits.

You should not be anti-Power Shift due to arbitrary reasons such as because we compete with you...and by the way, if you listen to the propaganda from within your own guild then you should have been brainwashed already into thinking that 25 man groups are on a whole other plateau of raiding than 10 man's and therefore we are in no way competition to you at all.

You are correct though that Crits is his own entity and does not in any way speak on behalf of Power Shift. What he says is his own opinion and is not necessarily the opinion of general Power Shift members.

06/08/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Chickenlol
I think its funny that you hate our whole guild for being better than you for an entire expansion.

Not trying to start a whole thing here but you may not have been paying the closest attention to the progress. Power Shift was 2 Heroic bosses ahead of Apotheosis for a few weeks before I had to stop raiding due to an employment opportunity as well as other various attendance issues that we still suffer from today. It was only after these circumstances that Apotheosis moved ahead of us.

As for previous to Dragon Soul I would like to point out that we were a transfer from another server mid Firelands and started a fresh guild while Apotheosis was full on an already established guild progressing into the Firelands raid. Crits was on this server previous to that but his progression or lack thereof has nothing to do with Power Shift.

06/08/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Chickenlol
As a side note, whoever reported the last 3 posts, lul.

This is stupid. People have the right to their opinions and speech. Stop reporting each others posts, that's childish. The report button is not there for you to agree or disagree with someone its there to remove hate speech and such. (@ Chickenlol: I quoted you because of what you said, this was not a reply to you type of quote).
Edited by Abloon on 6/8/2012 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Not trying to start a whole thing here but you may not have been paying the closest attention to the progress. Power Shift was 2 Heroic bosses ahead of Apotheosis for a few weeks before I had to stop raiding due to an employment opportunity as well as other various attendance issues that we still suffer from today. It was only after these circumstances that Apotheosis moved ahead of us.

I agree with you on this. Although, I would like to thank all of you at Power Shift during our time of downing Heroic Spine.

We were at a slight impasse for at least a whole week an a half after learning most of the fight with no real change in progression and then decided to change one thing which got us past the 2nd plate. (basically killing less bloods) but we still were trying to kill it. And then we heard something along the lines of

"Power Shift is going to start raiding 5 days a week because they want realm firsts"

I'm not sure if this was true or not or was going to be true, but I feel it gave us a very serious tone for the next few attempts and, I think, also drove us to work harder towards the first kill of one of the hardest encounters in the instance. After that, Maddness was only a lockout away from being killed since it was significantly easier then Spine. After we killed spine though, we never heard of a "5 day a week progression" or if it ever happened.

Even though Narph says we are on a whole different level of raiding and you are not really any competition, which I'm sure he would commit to for forever, Realm First's are still Realm First's especially more so since 10's and 25's share lockouts.
Edited by Krazyito on 6/9/2012 4:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
06/09/2012 04:11 AMPosted by Krazyito
"Power Shift is going to start raiding 5 days a week because they want realm firsts"

There is partial truth to this although it would have been 4 days not 5.

As you probably know we do Tue-Thur, we were considering adding Monday to the list for the spines/madness progression so that is probably where that rumor came from.

Unfortunately as stated in my previous post we have a hard time getting all 10 people to show up for raids for some reason so it never actually ended up happening that way. I think we did maybe 1 monday raid? (I used to hate being in 25 man raids due to filling the raid slots being a problem but for some reason 10 man is harder to fill the raid? I don't get this. Probably just a Gnomeregan thing. Or perhaps its a "there is no punishment for not showing up to a raid" thing. *cough*).

Not sure that I would want to play the game if it required me to raid 5 days a week to be honest though. :P
Edited by Abloon on 6/9/2012 7:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTBPdVpdMc

:)
But seriously, everyone do better to get Gnomeregan into the top 100 US servers so Blizzard can stop using it as a piñata.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
06/08/2012 05:33 PMPosted by Abloon
, if you listen to the propaganda from within your own guild then you should have been brainwashed already into thinking that 25 man groups are on a whole other plateau of raiding than 10 man's and therefore we are in no way competition to you at all.

Propaganda ? Non sense! Apotheosis does not brain wash anyone, we are for freedom and liberty of speech.

On a more serious note, respect to you Abloon, I spoke as well to powerage a few, but I must say, it is very interesting to hear your side of the stories, with the rumors such as the one Krazy pointed out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There are so many points I would like to mention, but I do not feel like making them all. I'll try to briefly give my 2 cents.

a) Powershift, thank you for the competition this past expansion. It has made Gnomer stronger and I hope we can get to what Solidx mentioned, a Top 100 US Server.

b) Apoth has no propoganda. If you were to read our forums, everyone voices their own opinion towards many interesting manners. This is what Narph has explained as freedom and liberty of speech.

c) My post prior was mostly out of my dislike of Crits. However, I feel like I really wanted to watch your kill, was unable to find it, thus getting flustered and making a hasty post.

d) 25's and 10's will never be the same. Regardless of what is harder/easier, they are completely different.

e) Like Krazy said, a realm first is a realm first. This is why we raid, to compete. Maybe next expansion we can have more than just our 2 guilds competing for Realm Firsts! I really hope MOP brings on more competitive raiding.

f) Abloon, you have handled yourself very maturely and I appreciate the comments you have made. This is a very mature manner and I tip my cap to you.
Reply Quote
15 Dwarf Warrior
Grats on World 2000+ 15% nerfed Spine/Madness bros.

Your heroic feats in WoW will echo in eternity
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Grats on World 2000+ 15% nerfed Spine/Madness bros.

Your heroic feats in WoW will echo in eternity

Hey thanks a lot man! That was really nice! :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Like other's have said, its not really propaganda, Narph (and some times Taey) like to talk out of their !@#. Narph has his beliefs and the rest of us think either about the same or slightly different.

For example 10 vs 25. Narph says they are loleasy, but like I have stated on our guild forums, I think they are only easy considering we are use to coordinating 25 people. If we were to have done everything on 10 man, I can still say yea, it might be easier because we can pick and choose from the people here to form a "perfect comp" (almost) for each fight or the whole instance. We have that luxury that 10 mans do not. Even when we are short 2 normal people for a raid, we have a way of filling it up or just doing farm content and by the time we get to progression people are usually on.

We also do have the luxury of consistency of our players. We have many players with off specs to fill different roles if needed, I for one, tanked normal madness for the one day Narph missed (the ONLY one he ever missed). We have that luxury that some other guilds don't. For a 10 man, if your tank is not there, do you have an easily accessible tank to go right when you need it? if its a DPS or healer do you have another to replace that person's spot? Usually not, but some guilds do for that reason. Even during progression we always ask the question "Who wants to sit for this boss?" We aren't really asking "who is bored right now" (when sometimes we are with some bosses =P), but rather, who does not need loot from this boss that can sit to bring somebody else in? There is always someone that will sit if the need arises even during progression even if they want loot off that boss.

If we take our 2nd Heroic Rag kill. We did that the week after we killed him on 25 man for the first time. The 2nd kill was on 10 man and was RIDICULOUSLY easier then our 25 man run.
1) because the 10 people had extensiveness experience with the fight.
2) It was easier on healer's because there was less over all damage as compared to 25 man.
3) Tanks were not getting hit as hard as compared to 25 man.
4) more coordination (or wiggle room per se) with calling traps (or spreading around the room for them) and with seeds.

To me it is all about perspective and background of the group. If a group that has only been doing 10 mans for the longest time does 25, they might be taken aback by the sheer amount of people. the bosses hit harder, but there are still 2 tanks with the same gear they had in the 10 mans. when you have to spread there is not as much room etc.. Once they get use to it, then they can down content just as easy as if they were use to the 10 man.

I personally think there is LESS room for error in a 10 man than there is in a 25 (Mainly because of battle res counts) and that you have the very often possibility in a 10 man of not having all buffs available to you, but on the other side a 25 man has to have more solid coordination, but again as I said, if a 25 man group specifically (by choice not because of a break up) made a 10 man group to kill something after attempting on 25 for a decent amount of time, then yes, I feel it would be a ton easier after the first couple attempts.

Over-all both 25 and 10 have their pro's and con's, I think they can both be just as easy or hard, but it solely depends on the group, not the content. I, obviously, enjoy 25 man more then 10 man, because there are more people and we all have to work together and know what is going on with the raid as a whole to down a boss which to me is harder to get 24 other people to focus for 5-15 mins to do their job then 10.

Also, the amount of loot 10 man drops sucks. =P

TL;DR: !@#$ you Padrui.
Edited by Krazyito on 6/18/2012 9:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
tl;dr.... I'M OFFENDED! le QQ
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would like to state that I like muffins....

...that is all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
do you like muffin tops or muffin bottoms?

..that is the question.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]