Hello

85 Troll Priest
We are looking to transfer servers, as ours while it has great progression just has no community...basically the way it works there is if you dont have a full guild group you can't do anything. While open raid is great, its much better to have a server to do crap with.

With that said this was one of the servers reccommended by guildies that meet all the initial criteria. So I do have a few questions

Are there no horde 25s because no one likes 25s here, or because leadership of those guilds decided to go to 10?
How is the horde economy? How available are things like herbs, gems, ore, leather, enchanting mats?
How is the server's response to things like GDKP runs?
Is pugging an option? Like if our alt run is missing someone can we find someone to stay for 2-3 hours and do 4-5 heroics and not bail at the sign of the first wipe or two?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Our community isn't dead, but it isn't alive and kicking either. However, I will try and answer what I can from just playing my little goblin dk every so often.

How is the Horde Economy?
Much cheaper than the alliance, so I would say decent. We have several alliance who will buy stuff cheap on horde side and bring it over to alliance to make a profit (coughvelenacough)

Are there no horde 25s because no one likes them? Or leadership?
I think this would be based on leadership. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would love to be apart of a 25man, but its easier on leadership to work with 1-2 groups of 10man raiders. I also believe most people just prefer the small knit that 10mans bring. I enjoy the large community and the challenge of getting 24 other people on the same page, so I stick with 25s.

How is the response to GDKP?
I'm sure if you got one going, people would take part in it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to get in to something other than Arenas, LFR, and 5man Heroics. I'm sure a few of the raider horde would love to take their alts in as well during their non raid days as well.

Is pugging an option?
This one is a bit tougher to respond to. I would suggest not pugging someone from trade without finding out all the answers to your questions first. Most of the pug stuff going on in trade is for old world transmog runs. I've only seen 1-2 look for a raid for BWD/BOT when it was the firelands patch. (both sides)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
foofy summed it up pretty well... only thing i could think of adding is that pugging is now a pretty decent option (thanks to all the ds nerfs and time its been out for people to actually learn the fights)... my guild has pugged randomly for a few weeks now and every person has been successful... now heroics i would not expect to get much success with pugging (unless you get lucky and find alts of the few guilds taht are doing heroic mode)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Well, there's a difference between being a pugger that gets into a guild run, as the case was with those that we've picked up to fill one or two spots, and getting 10 random people together from Trade.

If one is solely looking at the pugging route, you're probably better off just sticking with LFR. However I know I've seen lots of guilds recruiting as of late, as some older ones fall apart and new guilds form up, so you may find a guild run that needs one or two pugs.

A note on the economy, I find it to be very erratic here with prices fluctuating quite often. But I think it's better than we've seen in the past and there's pretty good availability on mats, both old and new.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Baelgun is one of our new three finalists(we had it narrowed to two before, but then uncovered some information on both of them that was a major turn off when inquiring deeper). So I would be sure you guys will see some random lvl 1's asking around etc in the near future, I hope to have the information needed to make a choice within the next two weeks and be moving shortly after(although that depends on the whole funds thing). Whichever server we choose we will be bringing an event that you have never before seen as a gift to the server. In addition of course there will be the opportunities to purchase our time for Rag mounts, Madness mounts, DS gear, legendaries etc.

I look forward to meeting some of you in the coming days(especially this weekend since I am not going anywhere)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
That means if you stay horde, I will have to get my dk in on those runs. Right now, 98% of Crisp is still in D3, so we only raid on tuesdays :(
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
lol we peiced together an alt run last week although everyone was screaming HURRY UP d3 is waiting whenever the healers needed mana. Tuesday was comical as well, as soon as the mount rolls were done my chat box got spammed with "Soandso has gone offline".
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Yup, same here.

During last raid, only one other person doesn't play D3. He was reloading his game and the first comment in Mumble was "Hurry the hell up! Just because you don't play D3 doesn't mean we don't have too"

I was like "Oh damn."

Though, it is nice to sit and sing songs to myself in Gchat when no one is online.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
One other questions, how is the market for selling runs here? On my realm selling Firelord/Pureblood firehawks is cake we have someone like clockwork, but selling DS runs, even Saviors is a different story(although that could come down to the fact that another horde guild has undercut us to the point its not worth our time to sell it for gold). What would the reception of that be here?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Not a very big one..alliance side anyway.

We currently have two people who are buying FL+Mounts from us. I have no idea on horde side and I have already told someone they should talk to our GM about possibly getting in for heroic DS gear and mounts (cause they are about to rot soon).

People have the money, I just don't think they want to spend it. Maybe holding on to it for Xpac?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Hmmm well visit 1 was great, almost ready to say Baelgun it is.....visit 2 now has me leaning the other way due to the well for lack of better words, the denseness of the population.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Horde population isn't as large as the alliance side, but both are still feeling the Effects of D3.

I'm sure here in the next week or so, more people will start to come back. Unless you are talking about dense as in "hard head"..then I can't help you there <_<
Reply Quote
Good lord guy, just pick a place. You're like a chick trying to get ready for a date...

All servers have good and bad things about em. Baelgun is a good server in my opinion, but I only play with a core group of people that i love playing with. If you overthink your decisions you will always find something you dont like...

If you do choose Baelgun, welcome, and start posting on the the dead Forums :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Horde population isn't as large as the alliance side, but both are still feeling the Effects of D3.

I'm sure here in the next week or so, more people will start to come back. Unless you are talking about dense as in "hard head"..then I can't help you there <_<

Yeah I was referring to hard head, like a lot of air in between the ears lol.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Good lord guy, just pick a place. You're like a chick trying to get ready for a date...

All servers have good and bad things about em. Baelgun is a good server in my opinion, but I only play with a core group of people that i love playing with. If you overthink your decisions you will always find something you dont like...

If you do choose Baelgun, welcome, and start posting on the the dead Forums :)

Well when you are talking about 34 other people relying on you to make the correct decision you have to be like that and weigh the negatives and positives, because the plan is to make whatever server we choose our home for the remainder of wow.

Last time I started posting on dead forums I got banned....idk if i'm falling for that again lol
Reply Quote
Well in my opinion I dont think only you should have that decision on your shoulders, seems rough. But really whatever server you choose, you make it what it is. You say your bringing 34 people over, you could totally restart this server if you do runs, activities, anything really.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
You sound like my old guild that left Terokkar in BC for wrath and sadly, disbanded a few months in to wrath. So, here are some serious questions to ask yourself if you are truly looking for a home for around 34 people.

• Be a top guild?
  • Do you want to have another guild to go against in progression without having to look off server?
  • Is your guild the type to become very egotistic? (example: move to the server and claim to be the best)
  • Depending on the overall attitude of your guild, your guild will be pointed in a certain direction. If your guild is looking to be a top guild, you need to look at the skillset of your raiders. Do you feel they work better with competition or alone? Alone would mean you need to find a server that doesn't have any other guilds around your skillset.

If they work great with competition, then a realm with 1-2 guilds on equal footing would be best. Not too much, not too little. (since you are a 25man guild, 10mans don't count)

If your guild has egomaniacs, they probably would become very hated on this server. I even make fun of my own guildmates who act like that.
    Edited by Foofy on 5/27/2012 2:23 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Paladin
    come to the horde side more fun attacking org

on an added note: I miss Is Pretty Much Awesome well the core group from the guild those raids on org would probably not go so well if they were around
    Reply Quote
    85 Troll Priest
  • Be a top guild?
  • Do you want to have another guild to go against in progression without having to look off server?
  • Is your guild the type to become very egotistic? (example: move to the server and claim to be the best)
  • Depending on the overall attitude of your guild, your guild will be pointed in a certain direction. If your guild is looking to be a top guild, you need to look at the skillset of your raiders. Do you feel they work better with competition or alone? Alone would mean you need to find a server that doesn't have any other guilds around your skillset.

If they work great with competition, then a realm with 1-2 guilds on equal footing would be best. Not too much, not too little. (since you are a 25man guild, 10mans don't count)

If your guild has egomaniacs, they probably would become very hated on this server. I even make fun of my own guildmates who act like that.

We are looking for a realm where there is competition, if we wanted to be the de facto #1 there are a good 60 or more servers I am sure without an 8/8 heroic guild at all. As all guilds there is a large variance of people and there are a few egomaniacs, but diversity is what makes 25 mans great among other things in my opionion, although those mostly keep to themselves because they know I do not tolerate people making an !@# of themselves and giving the guild a bad name. Other than bitter players who have failed their trials, been kicked for breaking rules, or those who left because they thought they were so much better than the guild and found it not true, outside of the typical trolls I have never heard anything bad said about my guild, in fact it's one thing most recruits tell us is the reputation we have built ourselves is sterling. In all honesty the competition standpoint Crisp fufills what we are looking for.

Outside of that we just want a place that feels like home, an actual community where you can find people to do things, we are currently on a medium to high pop server and if we need a DPS for our alt run it takes us 45+ minutes to find someone who is willing to download mumble and willing to potentially wipe a couple times on some hard modes, before I joined this guild I ran a trade chat pug on Moonrunner which has been a low pop server since mid wrath and at times we would have a 10-15 person waiting list every week, just via mail because people knew we cleared ICC, and killed a few hard modes while we were at it. I have never been on a server where 95% of it will not do anything outside of their guild, and most of my guild mates say the same. Many of us like to do things in World of Warcraft outside our main raids and it is very difficult to do so on our current server and has always been.

Honestly Baelgun is the front runner and we are going to continue to look into the two more over the next two weeks or so, and then have a meeting to hear everyone out...while most likely the majority decision is what we will run with, in the end being the GM the final decision does fall on me and I don't want to land on another server that ends up like the one we all want to leave behind.
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Druid
    That all works for me! I don't know about horde side however when it comes to getting someone to come in and help within a certain timeframe.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]