Castable CC's

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Some classes having castable CC's that can be dispelled in some way and others who have castable CC's that can not be dispelled whatsoever irregardless no matter what you do will always causes balance issues.

All castable CC's need to be removable in some way or another. They need to be changed to be of type Magic or of type Curse and therefore removable.

Castable CC's such as:

Polymorph
Hex
Blind
Hammer of Justice
Cyclone
etc

(This does not include CC such as Throwdown or Scattershot which are applied via melee/ranged physical)

The most common argument against would be "my class needs this CC to not have a fair counter otherwise my class becomes too weak."

The above argument is NOT an excuse nor is justifiable because there are more creative and clever ways that could easily be implemented to "fix" that issue.

A common argument is "my class will be too vulnerable to other classes without it."

Again no excuse or justification.

View this webpage:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Protection_Prayers#Protection_Prayers_skills

The skills listed on that webpage are examples of how a creative game designer can create ways for you to cope with common issues in ways that are creative, clever, and balanced.

All castable CC's should be dispellable and any argument against it can only be rooted in the mind of someone who lacks creativity and intelligence to create better solutions that do not imbalance the game.
Edited by Zealotsfury on 5/10/2012 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Human Mage
male blood elf
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/10/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Drpleasure
All castable CC's need to be removable in some way or another

Thats what a trinket is for.

You're welcome, friend.

You're welcome for not reading my whole post.

Trinket is not an excuse for bad game design.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
05/10/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Zealotsfury
irregardless

teehee.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Stalked
irregardless

teehee.

you gotta at least explain to him that youre laughing cuz its not a real word...otherwise theyll never learn :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
05/10/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Crovaxx

teehee.

you gotta at least explain to him that youre laughing cuz its not a real word...otherwise theyll never learn :(

Technically it's in the national lexicon and has been since around the 1920s. Language changes sometimes.

Not saying it's an actual word, but it's been used in a fairly widespread manner for nearly a century.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You're welcome for not reading my whole post.

Trinket is not an excuse for bad game design.

A game where there's no point to someone using CC because it will be removed instantly is bad game design.

Your simply wrong.

Polymorph, HoJ, and Hex are examples of things that are dispellable and they are definitely still absolutely useful.

You have no excuse.
Reply Quote
3/5 abilities you listed are dispellable. I have no idea what you are qqing about.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
05/10/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Atzo
3/5 abilities you listed are dispellable. I have no idea what you are qqing about.

They're not dispellable when they're put on you, as the dispeller.

I guess? I don't know, it's a silly thread.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/10/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Atzo

Should be 5 out of 5. The fact that it is not gives some classes an unfair advantage given that CC is a huge part of the game specifically in PvP.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Polymorph is dispellable, Hex is dispellable, HoJ is dispellable

Blind is not, Cyclone is not

When any of them are cast on an ally dps they all have the same basic effect:

Shutting down offense.

There is no excuse or reason why some are dispellable while others are exempt.

If my ally is cycloned (casted) or blinded (casted) there is no reason why they should not be dispellable in one way or another.

As a paladin, I can not dispel Hex, but that is okay because at least 1 other class can directly counter the ability by removing it.

Cyclone and Blind are examples of skills in which 0 classes have direct counters.

The basic rule of balance is:

For each ability in the game there needs to be at least 1 ability of the same basic type out there that directly counters it. Proactively, reactively or both.

Cyclone is a class skill, Blind is a class skill, neither have counters by any skill from any class.

Cyclone and Blind are examples of abilities that break this fundamental rule aimed at preserving balance.
Edited by Zealotsfury on 5/10/2012 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Shutting down offense.

If my ally is cycloned (casted) or blinded (casted) there is no reason why they should not be dispellable in one way or another.

As a paladin, I can not dispel Hex, but the key is that there are classes that can.

Cyclone and blind are examples of castable CC's that have no counter by another class.

Cyclone and blind are penalized in ways that your list of "casted" CC is not.

You can't spam blind like fear or sheep.

And cyclone has a shorter duration and a shorter distance at which it can be cast.

Different CC is different.
Edited by Selenora on 5/10/2012 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
05/10/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Zealotsfury
Cyclone and blind are examples of castable CC's that have no counter by another class.

You really want Blind to be dispellable?
When it has (relative to most other CCs) a year long CD?
You would basically have to take the CD way down.

Cyclone is a much shorter CC, with a short range, which is why it has the strength it does.
It's the only CC without a true way to remove it. Everything else has something.
And it's not that big of a deal.

wtf sele cmon :<
Edited by Stalked on 5/10/2012 1:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
05/10/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Stalked

You really want Blind to be dispellable?
When it has (relative to most other CCs) a year long CD?
You would basically have to take the CD way down.

Cyclone is a much shorter CC, with a short range, which is why it has the strength it does.
It's the only CC without a true way to remove it. Everything else has something.
And it's not that big of a deal.

wtf sele cmon :<

kekekekekekek
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Shutting down offense.

As a paladin, I can not dispel Hex, but the key is that there are classes that can.

Cyclone and blind are penalized in ways that your list of "casted" CC is not.

You can't spam blind like fear or sheep.

And cyclone has a shorter duration and a shorter distance at which it can be cast.

Different CC is different.

If you do your math you actually are not suffering a penalty that makes it "worse" than the other non-DR CCs that are dispellable

Diminishing return properties are gone after about 25-30 seconds or so.

HoJ/Hex are dispellable and do not suffer from DR but look at their cooldowns.

HoJ is 1 minute and Hex is 45 seconds. Even with talents these cooldowns are still equal to the time needed for DR abilities to refresh.

Cyclone and blind are essentially the same as Fear and polymorph except that...

They can not be dispelled
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Your point is.... so.. your saying give CCs a cool down? since in cata dispel is going to be on a 5 sec cd?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]