MoP flying mounts

90 Human Rogue
I personally miss the old days when you use to have to walk/mount every where. the game seemed so much bigger and the exploration was so much more fun. and the pvp was way better when people couldn't just fly away. i've been wishing they would remove flying mounts for so long, but there's no way they would just all of a suddenly remove them, they'd have to restrict them in an expansion. what are your guys' thoughts on removing flying mounts for the new MoP zones and going back to old school traveling??
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Would certainly revive WPvP a bit.

I enjoyed defending Tarren Mill and chasing some random guy all the way to Silverpine Forest on my Kodo >.>

Alas, my Kodo has put on about 800 lbs since those days... He needs some working.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
you will not be able to fly in pandaria until level 90
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Lavinnelly, clearly you didn't play this game before flying mounts. if you did, you would know why a lot of people want them gone. and yes, everyone knows you can't use it until 90, but a lot of people don't want them at all.
Reply Quote
I'll be glad to be back in the skies ASAP. As much as I've paid to be able to fly, I expect to get my return on that investment. Personally I'd like to see Blizz let all our chars fly in MoP soon as we get one char to 90 and unlock it.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 01:36 AMPosted by Leviathan
Lavinnelly, clearly you didn't play this game before flying mounts. if you did, you would know why a lot of people want them gone. and yes, everyone knows you can't use it until 90, but a lot of people don't want them at all.

Translation: You don't agree with me so you're stupid and here's why. :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

no, i didnt play the game in classic
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 01:24 AMPosted by Leviathan
I personally miss the old days when you use to have to walk/mount every where.
So, unless you are FORCED to do something, you will not enjoy doing it when you just CHOOSE to do it?

Someone go to their house, please, and FORCE them walk/ground mount everywhere in WoW so they can enjoy themselves again?

Thanks!
Edited by Missanthrope on 5/10/2012 1:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
05/10/2012 01:36 AMPosted by Valariala
As much as I've paid to be able to fly, I expect to get my return on that investment.

that's like saying, i spent hours raiding in cataclysm, so give me high end raid gear in pandaria when it comes out. yes, i agree with you that you invested time and money in getting your flying mount, but you also invested time into raiding and getting geared, but you're not going to miss that. people that played before BC understand why i am against flying mounts, and people that started during wrath are too use to flying mounts to understand why old school players don't want them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
OP, you do realize you can still use your ground mount if you want, right? In fact, you can hit / (default) and literally walk around Azeroth for all I care. As for me, I'll take the convenience of my flying mount.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
05/10/2012 01:40 AMPosted by Missanthrope
I personally miss the old days when you use to have to walk/mount every where.
So, unless you are FORCED to do something, you will not enjoy doing it when you just CHOOSE to do it?

Someone go to their house, please, and FORCE them walk/ground mount everywhere in WoW so they can enjoy themselves again?

Thanks!

we should just go back to the old days where we had horses and wagons im sure thats a fun way to travel.

Seriously I dont get why ppl want Wpvp so bad, it shouldnt be forced and it should be a community thing, heck go to your realm forum start a thread and try to get your realm in a brawlfest.

Nowadays not a lot of ppl want to pvp and saddly not even ppl on Pvp severs (which i dont understand)
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 01:54 AMPosted by Leviathan
people that played before BC understand why i am against flying mounts, and people that started during wrath are too use to flying mounts to understand why old school players don't want them.

Translation: People who don't agree with me don't understand, they're too used to being able to fly to understand why people who agree with me don't want them.

I understand why.

1)Rose-colored glasses about the world being 'better'.

2)Wanting to be able to ambush and gank people easily. It's no surprise this is a Human Rogue on an Ally-dominated PvP server posting this, too. :D

I am willing to bet there are plenty of Vanilla players who would scoff at the idea of being forced to stay on the ground all the time.

Don't like flying? Fine, don't fly. But don't ask for the game to be changed back to force people to play the way you think is the only way to play. You might as well dance naked on the street corner for all the good it'll do you.

Blizzard says they care about your opinion. I say it matters less than a gnat's fart in the wind, cos flying is here and is never going away. Ever. :D
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
05/10/2012 01:24 AMPosted by Leviathan
I personally

Enjoy flying mounts the moment I have access to them.

Change this to "Some" people, or even more specifically the "Anti-Air, Pro PvP Peoples Group". Because a lot of people I know and talk with quite like having access to flying mounts.
Edited by Karielinna on 5/10/2012 2:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Easy fix. Make it so you can attack on a mount. It will not drop you, but you may be forced to land as your mount gets weaker. WPVP fixed. Goodnight!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
yeah, Idk. i can see why people want them gone, and why people want to keep them. there are really good points to both sides. but this game attracted so many people when it came out, and so many people are quitting now. the game use to be really fun, and that's why millions played back then. and in my opinion world pvp was a big reason why it was so good. what i would like to see is blizzard makes a new server strictly for pvp, where they Nerf all the guards, throw away flying mounts, and bring back done of the old features. that way all the pvp players can play there and leave the rest of the wow population alone.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 02:39 AMPosted by Valariala
Blizzard says they care about your opinion. I say it matters less than a gnat's fart in the wind, cos flying is here and is never going away. Ever. :D

Nice metaphor. =D

Also, agreed. It's always the rogues demanding world pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

Actually, the majority of people would prefer to have flying mounts, so the majority wins.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]