Fix Warsong Gulch

100 Blood Elf Paladin
IDK maybe put the graveyards back where they were. I was just in a game where we were getting camped. Ally had 2 flag caps and were just holding on to the 3rd. I dont care who you are but having to wait 15 minutes just to lose for that 65 honor or whatever is crap.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
The change fixed one thing: RBG teams turtling at the graveyard to cap when they score a kill. The new graveyard encourages camping, but you'd have probably been camped with the old graveyard too.

Bad teams get camped, that's just how it is.
Reply Quote
49 Blood Elf Paladin
At least you had cake.
Reply Quote
Why wait 15 minutes when you could of dropped game and waited the debuff out for that time?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
or just dont rez, they will get bored in a few minutes and cap the flag.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
The problem isn't warsong, it's gear centric pvp.
Reply Quote
64 Human Rogue
While I can say this change was needed for RBGs, it really can be quite annoying when it happens. It is extremely difficult to get out of there alive if the other team has a vice on your cojones.

It happens in Twin Peaks as well (and even AB/BoG but that's extremely rare), but at least you are immune up top and you can jump off in different directions to try and scatter the team. In WSG your only option is to try and get around the relief hut and away from that deathtrap.

I think it'd be cool if there was a way to have a bridge or something (fallen tree?) up to the top of the tunnel entrance (where ranged classes sometimes sit to try and mess with people below). They'd have to make it impossible to jump off until after you got to the tunnel top. This way even if the team did try to turtle at the gy, they'd still have to run all the way up and then all the way around the fence in order to cap (essentially the same as jumping off and going up tunnel time wise).

It's probably to much work for such an old map, but a guy can dream right?

Edit: Also, make it so the damn stumps out in the field give proper LoS!!
Edited by Markos on 5/10/2012 9:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
05/10/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Markos
Also, make it so the damn stumps out in the field give proper LoS!!

QFTFT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Stop rezzing
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Markos: Good call on terrain. very frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
05/10/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Totemforbull

lol it isnt even gear. its that most people in random bg's are terrible at pvp. they could have full cata and still get farmed.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
05/11/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Myrddin

lol it isnt even gear. its that most people in random bg's are terrible at pvp. they could have full cata and still get farmed.

That's why my shaman, who just hit 85, will totally outplay a warrior in an epic clash where I pwn him in his deadzone. Striking a balance between bursting down his hp yet avoiding his damage and keeping myself alive...............then a minute later I get 2 shot and he is at 80% rofl. I have a better chance against bad casters in good gear, but even then if I mess up and miss an interrupt I'll get half my hp taken away in a hit.

Then my ret pally in not even full season 11 goes and solos groups of people who unfortunetly do not have gear :-/

When you see people LF an arena partner in your general chat, they don't look for experience they look for Ilvl, it's what they've been taught through cata.

PVP should be normalized, hopefully the pvp stat changes will help. That's if they can keep the mudflation in their pants.

Sure you could say, "just grind out the honor, IT AINT THAT LONG GUY!". But, I'm done with this xpac for the most part. Only reason I'm still subbed is because I bought the AP for diablo 3 and believe mop will come out in the next few months.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't find that this happens often personally, but when it does I just leave. No reason to put up with it. It's only a 15 minute rebuff. Plenty of other things to do for the 15 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
If they are taking time to fix bgs i think they should take the time to make it so you cant shoot through walls.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
05/12/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Rapph
If they are taking time to fix bgs i think they should take the time to make it so you cant shoot through walls.

LOS needs to be added allot more. ive always wanted a more tight space in BGS not an open one. LOS is such a nice tactic if played right. i think it adds allot more skill . if you can los to dodge it should be praised.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
05/10/2012 07:43 AMPosted by Vanburan
or just dont rez, they will get bored in a few minutes and cap the flag.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]