Cross Server Zones in MoP.

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/5393667/Cross-Realm_Zones_Coming_to_Beta-5_10_2012

The gist is that low level zones and underpopulated areas will be cross server, so for Ravenholdt we'll have every RPPVP server in Durotar for example. This also means that people from all RPPVP servers will have the opportunity to interact with one another in World PvP, RP, and other events.

From what I've seen of other RPPVP servers, I give it less than a month before we gain the reputation as bullies from the other RPPVP servers. The Emerald Dream/Ravenholdt rivalry will no doubt grow, but the other ones barely classify as PvP servers, let alone RPPVP.

It'll be interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Just so long as they don't ask me if I am a dude or a girl and if I would like to come back to their private room to chat. When I told that person I was a dude and a old one at that, their response was; "...I don't care...just come on..." After that I ran away like my 8 year old daughter when she saw a big spider on her bed...

I had to move my BE bank toon out of SM city to Ogr to avoid that crap.

This was my first introduction that Ravenholdt was different from Darkspear.

Though in reference to the cross servers, to have a positive outlook on it, it may provide an opportunity to meet new people that are decent. On the flip side, there will always be the endless streams of shoeless trolls that will also come.
Edited by Bobcat on 5/10/2012 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
05/10/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Draxonicar
I give it less than a month before we gain the reputation as bullies from the other RPPVP servers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEiyBbP28g8
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Not looking forward to this at all. There's a reason I don't play on Emerald Dream: they're jerks and that's being nice.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Screw raiding. This alone is an amazing reason to transfer back here. From what I saw of ED, this is going to be awesome. Hell, this may be the spark that revives server pride.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
05/10/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Oolaki
I give it less than a month before we gain the reputation as bullies from the other RPPVP servers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEiyBbP28g8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF7Q6aLRDqU
Reply Quote
37 Gnome Rogue
^ That was the cutest video I've ever seen.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
05/10/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Nomenclature
^ That was the cutest video I've ever seen.

Karlfriend was wonderful. Shame he quit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
This is probably going to be either battlegroup or datacenter-based.

http://www.wowwiki.com/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

If datacenter-based, we'll get to mingle with Moon Guard, but Emerald Dream probably isn't going to happen.

I'm a little miffed that the idea of me having an entire zone to myself for questing/farming on a lower-populated realm will essentially go out the window.

However, for World PVP, it'll be wonderful.
Edited by Starien on 5/11/2012 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I am actually looking forward to this in terms of W PvP. Might even be good for RP, too.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
05/11/2012 06:32 AMPosted by Matasuntha
I am actually looking forward to this in terms of W PvP. Might even be good for RP, too.

Gonna be griefing a lot of lowbies, eh?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
05/11/2012 06:53 AMPosted by Durh

Gonna be griefing a lot of lowbies, eh?

Ganking lowbies violates the terms & conditions of the Empire.

Now if you meant role-playing circles around people that cannot RP well...wait, I wouldn't do that either.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
05/11/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Chàris
Just because you wish you were like us doesn't mean you have to point it out to the public!

OK - let's put it like this: The RP Communities on each server are vastly different in tone and taste. This will lead to problems.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
05/11/2012 06:17 AMPosted by Dinpik
They said it would be realm-based: PvE servers would only cross-realm with PvE servers, PvP with PvP, RP-PvP with RP-PvP, etc.

You are indeed correct. That's kind of weird.

For beta testing purposes, we will be matching up all realm types whether they are PvP or PvE. This is different than what we plan to do for the live realms, however. For the live realms we will be matching realm types: PvP with PvP, PvE with PvE, RP-PvP with RP-PvP, and RP-PvE with RP-PvE. As always, we plan to keep an eye on constructive feedback while in testing of this new technology.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

That's kind of weird.

No, it's not. People roll on PvE realms to not be constantly flagged. If PvE and PvP realms shared zones, they would have to be treated as PvE realms.

No, I mean, it's weird from a technical standpoint - considering how the servers used to communicate with each other, but I guess the very gradual process that's been occurring wherein battlegroups have been merging for BGs and LFR has set the stage for this to be possible.

From a player perspective it's not weird at all and makes great sense, considering how PvP zones treat players differently. I hadn't really thought about that until now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
this is sick
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]