cross realm zones

90 Troll Druid
i actually hope we get more alliance so it can make leveling fun when MoP releases
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
09/06/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Danzx
i actually hope we get more alliance so it can make leveling fun when MoP releases
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/06/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Danzx

Our ideas of fun do not coincide.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Fun for the horde, then. More world PvP, more fun.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
09/06/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Orren
I think it still needs some fine tuning. I'm pretty sure that the cross realm thing is suppose to be only based on server type and yet I've seen some people from Moon Guard. (unless that is an exception to the rule)

I think the Moon Guard thing might be them joining a group with people on our server or possibly a server that's linked with ours. They're an RP server, but I think cross realm groups can ignore that rule.

I'm actually pretty happy with the cross realm zones so far. I went to Silithus to do AQ40 and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was a living zone again. Low-level allies and horde filled Cenarion Hold, skeletons littered the ground. I went out to nether storm, there were guys on the roof of the Inn ganking people and Allies out doing quests all over the place. It's nice to see all of my favorite zones the way they used to be.

09/06/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Lilbyt
Getting ganked/camped while trying to do anything outside of a major city is not my idea of fun, regardless of faction.

Weren't you guys horribly camped anyway? The server is like a 6 to 1 horde/alliance ratio.

While it hasn't really been a big deal for the last couple expansions, this is really how things used to be. Getting ganked and camped was the danger of playing on a PvP server, it's part of the mystique.

You might find this hard to believe, but there were zones I knew I couldn't step foot in if I wanted to level. STV and Hillsbrad were camped all the time, sometimes by full raids of allies. Nessingwary's camp, in particular, was a dead zone.
Edited by Karanak on 9/7/2012 12:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
For me, it's not a PvP thing. There are reasons people pick low populated servers to play on. For me, it's so I can quest and do my dailys and farming in peace. Not having to take hours to get these things done.

I've read the patch notes and forums on this whole idea, but yet I've only noticed a HUGE increase in horde from another server, not alliance. Does this mean no interaction with alliance from another server? I have yet to see an alliance from another server in any zone.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I like people around, or I wouldn't have picked a MMO.

More people in the zone = better times for me.

I am the master of the pick up group. This just makes it more accessible to roll through town, get smashed on grogg, put a party together, and roll some heads.
Edited by Theodorr on 9/7/2012 12:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
For me, it's not a PvP thing. There are reasons people pick low populated servers to play on. For me, it's so I can quest and do my dailys and farming in peace. Not having to take hours to get these things done.

I've read the patch notes and forums on this whole idea, but yet I've only noticed a HUGE increase in horde from another server, not alliance. Does this mean no interaction with alliance from another server? I have yet to see an alliance from another server in any zone.

I've seen a ton of them out in the old school areas. Netherstorm was crawling with Cross-server Alliance when I was out there last.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
09/07/2012 12:25 AMPosted by Karanak
I think the Moon Guard thing might be them joining a group with people on our server or possibly a server that's linked with ours. They're an RP server, but I think cross realm groups can ignore that rule.

I suppose this could be true. When I saw those guys, there were camping the TLPD in Stormpeaks.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
09/07/2012 12:25 AMPosted by Karanak
It's nice to see all of my favorite zones the way they used to be.

While that is 'nice' and all, I think the reality of being in it is a bit different than flying over and above it. Not being able to quest, or even go to another less populated zone to quest... not being able to get rarespawns, ever again... or gathering professions...

I wonder what the 'world' bosses are actually going to be like in MoP with CRZ? The first thought is "not pleasant."
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
I love crossrealm zones, I love Cho'Gall BabiEs.
Edited by Gg on 9/7/2012 7:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I love lamp.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
09/07/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Daerio
It's nice to see all of my favorite zones the way they used to be.

While that is 'nice' and all, I think the reality of being in it is a bit different than flying over and above it. Not being able to quest, or even go to another less populated zone to quest... not being able to get rarespawns, ever again... or gathering professions...

I wonder what the 'world' bosses are actually going to be like in MoP with CRZ? The first thought is "not pleasant."

The world bosses are on two-hour respawn timers and you're eligible to receive loot from them once a week.

The cross realm zones are mostly meant to populate empty zones, Zones with the desired population of players won't be marked as cross realm zones. The server will actually create multiple instances of the same zone for people on the same realm if the population is too high.
Reply Quote
there matching servers so like pvpwill be with pvp servers and pve will be with pve servers.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
My concern with the cross-realm zones is whether they fully understand the impact on our economy. I tell new people Cho'gall Alliance is like playing a post-apocolypse world and that is very true on the economy. We stock the shelves like crazy in our little fall-out shelters. When we run out of something we can't just go out and reliably buy what we need at our local store (AH). We personally have to go out in the world and farm stuff ourselves or go find a crafter to make us stuff. We basically eliminate all the middle-man transactions of a normal server's supply chain. Of course this is a PITA, but the saving grace is we essentially have the world to ourselves to do our farming in the most efficient spots.

I really hope Blizz thought this completely through and is not just "populating the world". On normal realms it amounts to constant manipulation of the competition for raw materials out in their world. The worst impact they could feel is runaway pricing, up or down, if Blizz does not strike the right balance for those materials. On Cho'gall Alliance my fear is if they get the balancing wrong we could be completely shut out from farming basic necessities we need to play this game. It has been said before our economy is more like the local farmer's market. What happens when our gardens are stripped bare by flocks of crows (gold farmers)?

I think most Cho'gall Alliance would agree the one truly crappy thing about playing here is our economy. Most of us like the social small-town vibe we have and love the challenge of playing against so many Horde. I often joke with new rerolls the Horde are not scary at all here. They are mostly harmless. I then tell them the real nightmare is our economy and we are bribing them with welcome kits so they won't run away screaming when they first see our AH. Really I am just giving them a heads up we do things differently here and they will need to be self-sufficient.

Right now this cross-realm thing seems really risky for us because it messes with our hand-to-mouth supply chain. Funny thing is I also think it could also fix our worst nightmare if Blizz does one more thing, link our AH with other realms too. If we are sharing our resources with other realms shouldn't we also be sharing their supply chain (AH)?
Edited by Lunasea on 9/9/2012 11:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
How able are you guys to constantly replenish your gold reserves? Can you guys easily blow 10-20K on mats and have your gold back to where it was within a reasonable amount of time, or would that be a serious problem for you?

That kinda determines how much good a Cross-Realm Auction house would do for you. If, however, that's not really a problem, I don't see why you could get that same benefit out of the Neutral AH and some Profiteers right now.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I know others do a lot better, but the most gold I ever had on a toon here is 20k. If I need gold I basically do dailies and save. To pay for fast flying on your first Cho'gall Alliance toon I think most people just end up doing a LOT of dailies.

For a long time we have raised money for our rerolls by selling Alliance pets to the Horde on neutral AH but that is not an answer for our supply system. Some times the pets I post are the only items for sale at Booty Bay.

Thanks again for sponsoring our young druids, Horde! We are so happy you can't resist our adorable Alliance pets. No offense, but we hope they grow up big and strong to kill you some day!

For day-to-day stuff I have not used our AH in a meaningful way in over 2 years. I give stuff away for free and get free stuff back for the most part. You don't need a lot of gold to do that. You just need access to people who have what you need or go farm it yourself. It takes a lot of effort to make that work. If it becomes a lot harder to do the farming, I think we are really screwed.

The cross-realm thing would help because then we could actually just farm stuff to raise gold, then buy the other stuff we need like normal WoW people do. Right now we have no reliable marketplace to do either.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
5.1 Is the earliest I realistically see them attempting this, if blizzard is actually inclined to do it. You guys would be much better served by attempting to build up the Neutral AH or Rebuild the Faction AH in the interim.

Let's not forget that Cross Realm zones are just the tip of the Iceburg. There's an entirely new design philosophy behind the game, they're encouraging people to get out of the cities and play in the zones. When Mists is released, you're not going to be dealing with people from Thunderlord, Tol Barad and Moon guard, you're going to be sharing zones with the legions of Horde Players from Cho'gall.
Edited by Karanak on 9/9/2012 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]