cross realm zones

90 Goblin Death Knight
09/09/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Bompabompbum
If the AH is moving faster because of cross realm for whatever reason, I am happy about it.

It doesn't have anything at all to do with CRZ. More people started playing again with 5.0, and more people started buying things again - gems, new glyphs, enchants, and everything else.

The only way CRZ could make the AH more popular, is if CRZ specifically brought more people back to play. I think CRZ is more likely to drive people off than bring them back, especially after the honeymoon phase when people get tired of the negative aspects.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6521292325?page=1

123 pages and going.

Seems like you'd rather keep blinders on and only see it as a positive, but not everybody sees it like that.
Reply Quote
Something to note here blizz has already stated that AH's won't be included with CRZ. Wish I had the quote off the top my head but I don't.

Found it!

Q. Does this mean that Auction Houses will be merged?
No, when any player access an Auction House, they will be only able to access their home realm’s Auction House.
Edited by Jolvexagar on 9/10/2012 5:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/06/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Lilbyt
Getting ganked/camped while trying to do anything outside of a major city is not my idea of fun, regardless of faction.

Agreed. Yes, I know this is a PvP server, I get it. Let's put PvP aside for a second. I transfered here for a few reasons.
1. All my friends transfered here a couple of years ago. (Then stopped playing after a few months. Thanks Guys! Was not about to spend money to transfer back.)
2. It was a LOW POPULATED SERVER!!!!!!!!!
3. Horde out numbered Alliance big time!!! (I do NOT like PvP AT ALL! See #1 as to why I transfered here)

I didn't transfer here to camp Alliance and pi$$ them off because Horde out numbered them. I agreed to transfer here with my friends because Alliance wouldn't be pi$$ing me off by camping me, lol! Make sense?

For world PvP I think it is a great idea. For those of us that play casually, it sucks (imho)! I don't have all night to get my dailys done during the week and sure as hell don't have time to do dailys and farm for my materials. Now to have to fight people from other servers to get these things done?

I would have to believe the number one reason people transfer to low populated servers is to get away from the highly populated ones? Just my $0.02 worth!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard is selling this as a way to populate the world and make life more fun with more friends, on the claim the servers were intended for a higher capacity. That is BS. They are skimping on hardware to populate outdated zones far beyond capacity.

If you are killing a named mob while standing next to three copies of his corpse, while people stand beside you raging that you tagged him first you have completely FAILED on the virtual reality meter. The extra spawns are great when you are trying to jam people through a starter zone on launch day to relieve pressure, but it is unacceptable for day-to-day game play on old content. If CRZ was working the right way the only thing we should be talking about was how seamless it was to import your RealID friends into your virtual world. The software effects should then maybe show up when they would need to split high pressure zones that will occur at MoP launch to maintain a certain standard of "reality" in a virtual world. It should eventually show up for us again after the wave of pandas leveling have passed through so people are not solo in every old zone.

This is medium population server. Us alliance have our issues but the overall population has always been just fine here. We don't need any imaginary friends.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
after seeing it firsthand im kind of ambivalent. dont farm much anyways (tough to compete with bots). its kinda neat to see other servers, but it feels a bit weird too. like strangers in your yard.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight

This is medium population server. Us alliance have our issues but the overall population has always been just fine here. We don't need any imaginary friends.

I think you're going to look back at that statement in about a month and laugh.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

I think you're going to look back at that statement in about a month and laugh.

I think you are soooo right. lol

Ghostcrawler has now tweeted AH mergers on any level are troublesome because they lead to anonymous sales and take away the chance for someone to corner a market. All in on monopolies from our favorite oceanographer. There went my last hope. I really just wanted the chance to bribe some goblin for the right to smuggle stuff from your AH. :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight

Ghostcrawler has now tweeted AH mergers on any level are troublesome because they lead to anonymous sales and take away the chance for someone to corner a market. All in on monopolies from our favorite oceanographer. There went my last hope. I really just wanted the chance to bribe some goblin for the right to smuggle stuff from your AH. :(

Essentially, what he's saying is that he doesn't want to turn WoW's AH into the Diablo 3 AH.

Again, besides the terrible inconvenience, I don't see why you can't just encourage Horde to throw Crafting supplies and other stuff on the Neutral AH.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I bet I could be convinced to throw some crafting mats into the neutral AH

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9qh7358PV1runu5v.gif

Thanks!

Umm.. you do realize we are very very poor, right?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/17/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Zeti
I accept multiple forms of payment.

Ok cool! We just want to make it simpler for you and us. I propose we find a way to basically streamline the neutral AH system. I made a post about it on General Forums but my timing was poor when it was swept away to page 4 during the DK uprising.

1. Have a Smuggler NPC tucked away in a back alley in both Stormwind and Ogrimmar.

2. When you talk to him he asks for a bribe to open an AH that includes all the auctions on your faction, plus all the auctions on the other side. I would hope the bribe would be pretty low for a tiny pop. group like ours (10g?). But it could be pretty steep for the high pop. side (100g?, 1000g?), if they want to encourage growth for the weak side.

3. Paying the bribe would give you five minutes, or five transactions total, to access the other market. For each transaction you pay an additional smuggling fee (10%?). Added costs and limited access keep this system from dominating markets.

We survive by farming like crazy and having friends that can make the stuff for you. Sometimes that means it can be a couple days before you get what you need. What we really need is an immediate option for that raider who worked late and has 10 minutes until first pull. But, uh oh, he then realizes he needs to gem and enchant the gear that dropped for him last night, and he should stock up on consumables. People like the community over here but 85 wears you down when you have to do it yourself every single day. Just once let us stop by at the corner store for milk instead of always making us milk some cows.
Reply Quote
In the early stages of the Xpac when people are just leveling and trying to see content I tend to leave people alone and won't camp. I mean I'll still kill you, once, but then I'll move on and if I encounter you again I usually do a /wave and show them I mean no more harm, but usually they try to exact revenge =(

Sometimes a !@#$% just wants to quest in peace, even if his intent at max level is to be a pvper. I like picking flowers and enjoying the scenery too mang
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Essentially, what he's saying is that he doesn't want to turn WoW's AH into the Diablo 3 AH.

Again, besides the terrible inconvenience, I don't see why you can't just encourage Horde to throw Crafting supplies and other stuff on the Neutral AH.

Neutral AH always has less than 50 items for sale and usually they are mostly pets. Our AH has 1k items and yours has 30k items. Some have tried to stock our market from your side but it is beyond inconvenient. With 2 accounts and 3 permanently parked toons it still takes three transactions and goblin surcharges to transfer from your market to ours.

I didn't play D3 so I don't know about that. But I do know I will never believe that old wive's tale which said teams of economists were involved in designing WoW's economy. If so they have been laid off for a long time. CRZ is ridiculously flawed by any standard of economic thinking, except for the blatantly obvious one... Blizzard is cutting costs in a big way and is content to milk this cash cow until Titan is ready.

Today's theme: Milk! It's good for you!
Reply Quote
Here ya go Lunasea

Q. I am playing on a low-population server (5 ppl online right now, Wednesday primetime 50-60, 4k items in the auction house, 2 raiding guilds left on the server) and it is no longer fun to play there. The auction house is almost empty and every article is heavily overpriced (compared to other servers), the trade-chat is very slow (10-20 lines per day), but what really bugs me is that I can't find/build raids anymore. The thing I love about WoW by far the most is raiding, but there are no people left on the server to start pug-raids. Having a guild where I can raid with my main-character is the only reason I still play on that server (despite having a great community there with rl-meetings etc). I know for sure that my server is not the only one like that. The new cross-realm zones won't help either, since they just "fill up" the leveling-areas, but do not change anything regarding raids (where the latest content will not be accessible via battle tag x-realm raids) or a more populated trade chat. So on regards of all people on my server, here is my question:
tl;dr: (When) will you do something to help/save the dying/dead servers like merging some of them? I would even be willing to give up my beloved toon's name for being able to have fun again.

A. Cross-realm zones are definitely our first move toward improving the play experience for low-pop servers (or even medium population).

Beyond just the fact that the world will be more populated, the ability to make friends at the battle tag level (since that friendship level is cross-server) combined with the ability to do group content with those players represents a huge step forward in the ability for players on smaller servers to access a huge community to play with.

With regard to the auction house, I can imagine a future where we might decide to make auction houses cross-server. It's not something to jump into lightly, but there may be ways to design a cross-realm auction house that ensures a viable economy without getting "too big".
    I'll add to this by saying that the nature of the way the player population distributes itself, merging servers ends up not really being the great solution many players imagine.

At this point, the overwhelming majority of players online at any given time are at max level and hanging around in major population centers. Merging servers makes the cities far more populated, but the outdoor world still ends up feeling dead, nothing like what the world feels like when the player population in general is still leveling-up. Even if you assume MoP succeeds in getting people back out into the world, it's important to understand that that will mean people will be out in the world in Pandaria, but the rest of the world would still feel abandoned.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]