The Black Market And Buying Rare Mounts

90 Goblin Hunter
Well according to MMO-Champ the Black Market AH was recently added on the Beta.
With this there is a listing of the Ashes of A'lar and various T3 armor pieces.

What are your thoughts on this? It's obviously going to be a massive gold sink and there isn't much info about it yet.

I'm waiting to reserve judgement but I'm leaning towards not liking the idea of being able to buy rare drop mounts all tho I'm probably going to be in the minority.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Honestly I really don't mind the idea of this Black Market Auction selling T3 and such, so long as it's extremely limited.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Good, now I can buy my blazing drake instead of hoping blizzard will up the drop rate.

Mount. does. not. exist.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
05/12/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Mizzu
I'm waiting to reserve judgement but I'm leaning towards not liking the idea of being able to buy rare drop mounts all tho I'm probably going to be in the minority.

This.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Almost feels like some kind of belated April Fool's joke...

If it's real, it would be an interesting way to add those rare/removed recipes that players have been asking for back into the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Best gold sink ever.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Sad that removed patterns will be obtained this way, because I doubt most of them were intended to be removed, just accidental that the mob they were tied to were removed.

As for mounts, I think I will take my chances with 8 90s farming it once a week instead of *hoping* it turns up on this AH.

Remember, this is only for show at the moment. How many of these super rare or removed items will turn up on the AH? How often, once a month or once a week?

I am okay with others getting most removed items from it but not event stuff like Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal, contest tabard, etc., even though I would like them. Really going to wait until it is live to see how often the rare items cycle through.

This might be worth moving a capped bank and heirlooms to level farming alts on a low pop realm...

edit: Might also have to get that silly online AH addon and a phone that can use it if there are really short duration auctions

And Wrathion is there!
Edited by Oddjob on 5/12/2012 4:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Would be a great way to sink some gold away from players on the servers. I approve.
Reply Quote
If I understand it correctly, I strongly believe not only is it the best gold sink ever, but being on a low population realm such as myself on Dalvengyr horde side, the bids for mounts such as Ashes of Al'ar or Invincible's Reins will be significantly lower than on realm such as Illidan, Kelthuzad, Malganis, Proudmoore, Tichondrius, etc.

A part of me says we should keep the rare mounts to be rare, but the collector in me says, "YES! Finally something useful to blow all my gold on".

I would probably pay 500k for Invincible lol Ashes, not as much.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
After the rampant inflation of cata the more gold sinks the better.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Anyone care to guess how many new sales on that mobile Auction House app this is gonna generate?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
And now we have a reason for people to stop complaining about people farming rare mounts on their alts.

As far as the black market goes part of me is like "wtf ashes of alar on the auction house," but the other part of me is very excited about this. It's a gold sink I would absolutely love to take part in. Right now with the expensive panther recipe and this MoP is going to be gold sink after another, which is a good thing - keeps the Economy in balance.

I'm actually enjoying how much more accessible mounts are in MoP and I can see the black market selling invincible's reins or even mimiron's head. My guess is that the black market will sell mounts that are not current content.
Edited by Nightsbane on 5/12/2012 4:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Finally a way for me to spend my gold and stop running icc (at 46 lk kills total) and finally get invincible.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/12/2012 04:41 PMPosted by Goku
Finally a way for me to spend my gold and stop running icc (at 46 lk kills total) and finally get invincible.

MoP has account wide mounts and an auction house that lets me buy rare mounts - best expansion so far? I believe it might be in terms of features - let's see account wide everything, cross server regions, black market, challenge modes, the whole pet system, different LFR difficulties and possible expansion to older raids for LFR, etc. etc. I could go on and on

Watch the haters come in here talking about purity and how this is heresy / blasphemy and attracts unhealthy behavior or other rubbish.
Edited by Nightsbane on 5/12/2012 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

Watch the haters come in here talking about purity and how this is heresy / blasphemy and attracts unhealthy behavior or other rubbish.

I can already see it. "Posting auctions for hundreds of thousands of gold forces players to spend unhealthy amounts of time farming gold to buy them"
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Good, now I can buy my blazing drake instead of hoping blizzard will up the drop rate.

Mount. does. not. exist.

The items for auction vary by server, as other servers are able to bid on Reins of the Blazing Drake, Swift White Hawkstrider, or Riding Turtle.

Guess they read your post, looks like TCG mounts are up for grabs too.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Looking forward to buying an Invincible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]