The Black Market And Buying Rare Mounts

90 Night Elf Druid
Anyone mind to create a link to this information? I haven't heard anything about it at all...

Sounds interesting though.
Reply Quote
Awesome idea for a gold sink and this is coming from someone who won't have enough gold to make serious bids on any of the super rare stuff.

I think a few people are worried this will introduce mass players buying rare mounts for pennies but I just don't think that will ever happen. For one, I would be expecting to see stuff like Ashes on the Black Market every couple of months, not 1 up at all times. Secondly, everyone on your realm will be bidding against you for this. How much would a rich player pay for guaranteed Ashes? 250k? 500k? 1M?

And this is gold that's all going to be taken out of the game permanently. Awesome.

So long as they don't sell anything too crazy (IE. Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal, Glad Mounts, etc.) I'm in support of this 100%.
Edited by Maafum on 5/12/2012 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Being on a low pop server has never made me so happy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
It's an interesting concept; just have to hope bliz doesn't implement it incorrectly.

The only concerns I would have would be:

-Whether or not items (especially mounts) are BoE or BoP (I tend to favor BoP).

-Whether or not removed from game crafting matts will be there as well (because, really, how useful is some recipe from ZG or Naxx if you can't actually craft the item?)

-How often and predictably items will be placed.

A tangent concern would be whether or not this will negatively affect mount farming. It's nice to have the option to bypass RNG by buying the item; however, I'd prefer that this not become the only way to obtain said item.

Given that it is a black market, it would be interesting to see what sort of actual illegal items are offered for sale (mostly because I can't think of anything in terms of warcraft lore that would be illegal except for cross-faction merchandise).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If I understand it correctly, I strongly believe not only is it the best gold sink ever, but being on a low population realm such as myself on Dalvengyr horde side, the bids for mounts such as Ashes of Al'ar or Invincible's Reins will be significantly lower than on realm such as Illidan, Kelthuzad, Malganis, Proudmoore, Tichondrius, etc.

A part of me says we should keep the rare mounts to be rare, but the collector in me says, "YES! Finally something useful to blow all my gold on".

I would probably pay 500k for Invincible lol Ashes, not as much.

better just throw down 999,999g 99s 99c so if you want to beat me to it :).
Edited by Whoppers on 5/12/2012 6:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I'm READY with 12 million gold and I will sit up 24/7 like a jobless bugger and farm more in prep for this in MoP. This noam is FINALLY going to get to use all his gold (well, most)! :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Vex
I hope like hell this is a joke. This takes every bit of prestige out of owning a hard earned rare mount knowing that someone can spend some real world money at susan express and obtain something that people have been striving for, for years. This will literally make me quit and I'm sure there are others with me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm fine with it as long as mounts no longer in the game are not available through it.
Edited by Dakhath on 5/12/2012 8:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/12/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Lohharnn
I hope like hell this is a joke. This takes every bit of prestige out of owning a hard earned rare mount knowing that someone can spend some real world money at susan express and obtain something that people have been striving for, for years. This will literally make me quit and I'm sure there are others with me.

Your rare mounts happens to be Ash which you got a few weeks ago and a blazing drake that takes more luck on rolls than skill :). I would rather say 12 million gold is alot more hard earn than those.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Vex
05/12/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Whoppers

Your rare mounts happens to be Ash which you got a few weeks ago and a blazing drake that takes more luck on rolls than skill :). I would rather say 12 million gold is alot more hard earn than those.

Yes I realise that I got ashes on this character only recently, but as a cata re-roll there's not much I can do about that? You're quick to assume this is my first character.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
05/12/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Lohharnn

Yes I realise that I got ashes on this character only recently, but as a cata re-roll there's not much I can do about that? You're quick to assume this is my first character.

And the difference in difficulty between soloing trivial content for a few weeks and saving gold is?
Reply Quote
05/12/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Lohharnn

You see, having an Ashes of A'lar means nothing but you got lucky once.

There are people that have killed Kael a hundred times and not seen the mount and some who got it in their first 5 kills.

Or to use a different example, I happened to get the Raven Lord after only 15 kills. Does me riding that show off my immense skill or my hard work? It took my friend over 120 kills to get his. After 115 kills for my friend - a full 100 more than it took me - he had nothing to show for his work.
Edited by Maafum on 5/12/2012 9:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In addition, people want it both way. They want account wide mounts only if they have mounts on alts but do not want mounts they already possess to be sold on this black market AH. Either have both or have neither I would say.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Just imagine how crappy I am feeling...

8 Swift spectral Tigers = 3.1 million gold
2 Spectral Tigers = 400k gold
3 Crimson Deathchargers = 330k gold.
8 Traveler's Tundra Mammoths = 128k gold
8 Mekgineer's Choppers = 112k gold
8 Vial of the Sands = 240k gold

Total = 4.3 million~. With account wide mounts coming I only needed to spend less than half a million... to get more than what I have above. :(

Several pets on multiple characters. I have at least 1 of every type of tcg mount between the characters. 6 years collecting them, sacrificing spending gold on temporary items just to save for what I thought would be a uniqueness to my account.

Now with account wide mounts coming, I could have saved 87.5% of wat i spent above if I'd just hoarded the gold and not played in the spirit of the game by spending. :(

The ONLY comfort in all the MoP news for me is that rare mounts MIGHT be on AH. It would soften the blow I got above. I didn't buy it nor loot people for it. I sold a ton of items cheaper than others and the people that bought my stuff never got a chance to say they were ripped off, they would always say i gave them good value compared to prices others were asking. All that hard work is down to a fraction now. :(
Edited by Maxdps on 5/13/2012 2:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
05/12/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Whoppers
In addition, people want it both way. They want account wide mounts only if they have mounts on alts but do not want mounts they already possess to be sold on this black market AH. Either have both or have neither I would say.

Or we could strip both features and keep the system that's worked for ages the same.

And I feel absolutely horrid for Max.

And I can't help but laugh when people go "omg I can buy this or that!" - I can almost guarantee most of the "Sales" done on this will go to people who use bots.
Max is the only person I know that earned his gold legit and has beyond gold cap - And that's the kind of money people are going to be bidding against.

I can't see a huge issue with a decent drop rate RNG mount being put up /extremely/ rarely for bid - However the above issue of "it'll most likely be people who bot" winning it sours the idea.
And putting T3 in there? They couldn't have just brought back the actual instance?
Seriously?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Bringing back Old Naxx would be a waste of resources and counterproductive to the idea of the BMAH. It's a gold sink and people will pay massive amounts of gold to get T3 so they can pretend that they cleared Naxx at 60. Really wish they would add the prefix "replica" to the stuff that they will sell.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I wouldn't mind seeing the replica tag at all.
Should please everybody.

Also I think the only real resource that'd take effort for Naxx is adding in another "switch" for 40 man raids. They should still have the data for the original instance somewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
i hope you all realise the mount is not just going to be there, it will be like a very rare occurence (wow fail spelling) that a rare mount will even be there let alone somthing like al'ar or invcible and yeah expect them to go for well over 200k.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
05/13/2012 05:39 AMPosted by Evanijr
i hope you all realise the mount is not just going to be there, it will be like a very rare occurence (wow fail spelling) that a rare mount will even be there let alone somthing like al'ar or invcible and yeah expect them to go for well over 200k.

200k is such an insignificant sum at this point I can think of multiple mounts that I'd pay double that right this very moment to be able to buy it from the AH without a headache.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]