The Black Market And Buying Rare Mounts

100 Night Elf Druid
In addition, people want it both way. They want account wide mounts only if they have mounts on alts but do not want mounts they already possess to be sold on this black market AH. Either have both or have neither I would say.

I can't see a huge issue with a decent drop rate RNG mount being put up /extremely/ rarely for bid - However the above issue of "it'll most likely be people who bot" winning it sours the idea.
And putting T3 in there? They couldn't have just brought back the actual instance?
Seriously?

Bots will get banned which is always awesome btw. Also most bots are compromised accounts so they don't care about this AH that sells "useless" vanity BOP items that have no effect on your game play at all, also no real life profits are to be made from this black market - it's all gold that just disappears.

Typically a server will have maybe a handful of gold tycoons or barons, once they get theirs it goes to the next in line and so on and so on. It all depends on server size of course, some servers are pretty fair competition unfortunately it's not going to be high pop servers (for the black market anyways).

I don't feel bad for people who have tcg mounts on alts or whatever, when you have too much gold you tend to just throw it at anything even a level 20 alt with a spectral tiger (example). Some people enjoy camping the auction house all day and being "Wal-Mart" but that's another story I despise the auction house system that's just OCD mode. The only people I'll feel bad for is those who spend real life money otherwise auction house campers / gold makers - sorry don't feel sorry for you.

One possibility I see with TCG mounts and account wide is that people might get the BOE versions for how many extra they have of them? If not then someone could make this suggestion on beta otherwise tough luck.

The only point I will agree with you is bringing back Naxx 40 and any other old instance like Old ZG or mounts that were removed , etc. , but seeing T3 on the black market is nice. I could care little for Xmogging or anything but for those who do happy hunting and greet your new gold sink with open arms.
Edited by Nightsbane on 5/13/2012 6:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Corrupted Ashbringer, my dream
hopefully we'll see it there too!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Corrupted Ashbringer, my dream
hopefully we'll see it there too!

Haha, what NPC would sell it? Don't get me wrong here, I would buy it ASAP, but I can only imagine the price...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
What is scary is the fact that Riding Turtle is listed as a potential item. Crossing into TCG items may ruin their trading card business.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
What is scary is the fact that Riding Turtle is listed as a potential item. Crossing into TCG items may ruin their trading card business.

I use to play on a low active pop server and we'd go months without seeing one TCG mount it, I would have loved this had I still been there.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

Just because people are offering absurd amounts of gold in game for tcg mounts doesn't mean it'll ruin it with it being on the black market , it might actually stabilize the prices seeing how bad low population servers have it or medium pop. Some guy had the nerve to try to sell me a corrupted hippogryph for 300k, I laughed and bought it for about a third of that. In High population servers I can see the price war being ruthless so either way the prices shouldn't drop so bad on both ends.

In terms of real life cash I'm sure it'll stay the same, not many people actually buy the cards so it should have minimal effect on the trading card business since the people who typically buy them are either collecting them or trying to sell in game because they don't have the time to be camping the auction house.
Edited by Nightsbane on 5/13/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

I use to play on a low active pop server and we'd go months without seeing one TCG mount it, I would have loved this had I still been there.

The BMAH coupled with Cross-Realm Zones really is going to improve the QOL on low pops :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Isn't the turtle mount, like, the oldest TCG mount? I figure that if they do this they'll add in very old TCG items that you can't commonly just walk into a comics shop and buy boosters for. It doesn't step on the toes of the cardgame itself unless they're selling mounts and stuff from the really recent sets. That way it would only cut into the secondary market of people ebaying old cards and such.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
i actually have some of the rare recipes in the bank:( kind of scared the prices willl lower a bit;(
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue

Just because people are offering absurd amounts of gold in game for tcg mounts doesn't mean it'll ruin it with it being on the black market , it might actually stabilize the prices seeing how bad low population servers have it or medium pop. Some guy had the nerve to try to sell me a corrupted hippogryph for 300k, I laughed and bought it for about a third of that. In High population servers I can see the price war being ruthless so either way the prices shouldn't drop so bad on both ends.

In terms of real life cash I'm sure it'll stay the same, not many people actually buy the cards so it should have minimal effect on the trading card business since the people who typically buy them are either collecting them or trying to sell in game because they don't have the time to be camping the auction house.

The turtle also has to be traded as a code. My suspicion is that we will only see tcg stuff like pets and mounts that have BoU codes.
Reply Quote
or that the items that are from the tcg become bop if there placed on the Blackmarket auction house.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
People aren't saying it will be good for gold sellers because they can buy the item and move it across servers or something like that. People are saying it will be good for gold sellers because it will give people more reasons to buy gold.

I won't take a side on that issue until we see it live though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
On the topic of the Turtle - The card has been "out of print" since Archives and a /very/ old set of starter decks.

http://wowtcg.cryptozoic.com/products/class-starter-deck

It's still possible to find these but they're getting kind of rare due to their age.

As long as these are put up /rarely/ it won't effect the TCG at all.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
As much as I would like a Mims head, I really hope they keep end tier mounts prestigious. Being able to buy them just screams wrong to me - mounts are going to become a lot more common now everyones alts get's their collections. Ashes I can understand - Black Battle Tank, Mims head, Invincible, Pureblood and Hand-Maidens is a bit of a kick in the teeth - Sexy mounts are sexy because few people have them, I could maybe live with it if they threw 1 of each up a year - but if they flood the market with 5 invincibles / mims heads a month, then it's going to get pretty obsolete.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
In regards to the turtle... that is the only bop mount iirc
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
05/14/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Maliciouskil
In regards to the turtle... that is the only bop mount iirc

Correct, its the only TCG mount that is bop, the other mount that is bop is the blizzcon bear
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I love mounts, but the thought of getting a full Faith set just makes me want to squeal! I will pour every last copper into obtaining it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
05/12/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Anthony
Would be a great way to sink some gold away from players on the servers. I approve.

This. There is a tremendous amount of gold in game. A player on my server has over $11 million in sales on two characters that I know of. I have a modest amount by comparison, and there is nothing to spend it on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]