What's up with armored feral forms?

90 Tauren Druid
So i remember reading a while back that blizz was going to be making feral weapons that would permanently change our feral forms like the flamestaff for the fire kitty. The i see these armored cat and bear pics on MMO-Champ. Maybe i just haven't been paying attention but what's the word on these armored forms?

Is it a permanent like "hit level 60 and you get armored form"? Is it linked to the armor or weapons you equip through tiered raiding? Is it just for certain feral buffs like "2 min CD hit like a truck and wear cool armors, then go back to naked form"?

Anyone toss some clarifications my way?
Reply Quote
I believe the armored cat forms are for the new spell Incarnation. But i could be wrong and blizz might make it permanent ( PLEASE DO ) i really hope one day the forms can be a little more mean looking.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
05/13/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Möjo
I believe the armored cat forms are for the new spell Incarnation. But i could be wrong and blizz might make it permanent ( PLEASE DO ) i really hope one day the forms can be a little more mean looking.
Reply Quote
05/13/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Möjo

It is for Incarnation. The tiger form is a Place Holder. I do WISH they were based on your armor and for normal.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It is for Incarnation. The tiger form is a Place Holder. I do WISH they were based on your armor and for normal.

I think that would be aesthetically impossible to pull off. Sure, you can easily slap on the armor to the model. Good luck getting a full-cover helmet on a cat's head without making it look ugly/misplaced/distasteful.

Have pre-set armor makes it aesthetically pleasing. Aside from actual gameplay, aesthetics are among the most important part of ALL games.

Edit: I came off as mean, but I'm just giving a possible reason towards standardized models. :x
Edited by Cyous on 5/13/2012 10:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
Just wait until we get the armored moonkin and tree of life forms :D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Honestly, think it should be based on spec. Feral dps gets armored cat, guardian gets bear. everyone else gets nada. make it a perk for being feral.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
05/14/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Bernael
Honestly, think it should be based on spec. Feral dps gets armored cat, guardian gets bear. everyone else gets nada. make it a perk for being feral.

They should give Cyclone exclusively to Balance druids then. Make it a perk for being Balance. Trade?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Zen
Well, that's just silly.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

/scratchhead

Why...? Incarnation is for all 4 specs. So why the division? Also, guardian =! feral, so it wouldn't really be a perk for being feral, would it?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think he meant feral gets armor on their cat form, bear spec gets armor on their bear form, balance = armor for moonkin, and resto on the TOL CD?

(You leave my treant (glyph) form alone, blizzard!!!!!)
Edited by Taswind on 5/15/2012 5:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
05/15/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Taswind

This is my favorite part of beta so far.
I don't care if neither of my specs are resto ... or even balance... I'm sitting in tree form instead of caster from now on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/15/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Paulbathehut

This is my favorite part of beta so far.
I don't care if neither of my specs are resto ... or even balance... I'm sitting in tree form instead of caster from now on.

If you get the glyph of astral, then switch to "boomkin" in tree, you should appear as a star-tree. Would be amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/14/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Cyous

They should give Cyclone exclusively to Balance druids then. Make it a perk for being Balance. Trade?

You mean Star form( in MoP already) for balance right, since we are discussing aesthetics, not spells?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hordeside looks like troll armor
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Am I the only one who hopes this DOESN'T go beyond Incarnation? I for one like to imagine my cat form as being the epitome of stealthiness and cat-like grace, but the armor kinda looks to make a cat look like a heavy, burdened construct of destruction, very unlike the lithe ideal of the shadowy killing creature it is... just a counter-argument not meant to dissuade anyone to my opinon, just wondering if anyone else feels that way as well already, please don't train me for it.
Reply Quote
feral/boomkin armor appearance should come with 4pc tier/pvp bonuses. each tier could have their own feral skin
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/16/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Nøcturne
Am I the only one who hopes this DOESN'T go beyond Incarnation?

Nope - I agree whole-heartedly. I'll be annoyed enough if i have to take incarnation to min-max dps.. :/

05/16/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Tweenwolf
feral/boomkin armor appearance should come with 4pc tier/pvp bonuses. each tier could have their own feral skin

Only if ppl can opt-out of it.
Edited by Taswind on 5/16/2012 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
I still have a dream that they'll make each of the armors a glyph instead of Incarnation.
I wouldn't mind having cat armor sometimes... but I'd like the T5 nightelf one so it matches by xmog.
And I have no intention of ever picking up Incarnation if it stays as-is.
SOTF >= Treeants >>>>>>>>> Incarnation
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/17/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Paulbathehut
SOTF >= Treeants >>>>>>>>> Incarnation

My problem with SOTF is that you get 10 energy back from a finisher - which took (at minimum - if you crit all 3 times) at least 130 energy to do. (This is assuming you Mangle / Rake spammed, normally, it would be Mangle (35 energy), Rake (35), Shred (40), Bite (25) OR Shred x3 + Rip (150))

I'd have to wait for someone better in math than I to see if that stacks with the other two.... (Assuming this hasn't been done already?) On the plus side, it's 1 less CD to keep track of since its passive, if it does hold its own.

Why the edit, you ask? Well, in my defense, I did say I was bad in math, right? :P
Edited by Taswind on 5/17/2012 12:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]