Server firsts?

100 Goblin Shaman
I am not Gkar, I was Archangelz then... a druid.

And Jyst is right.. how can you have been in storm when MC was endgame and not know Primal Order.. that's like saying you raided in all of BC but forgot where the portal entrance was.

I don't know. I don't remember them at all. Who was their guild leader? It wasn't Solarflare was it? All I remember was Storm, Beyond and I think Excel being the major raiding guilds of the time. Honestly it doesn't mean much, that was like over 6 years ago now.
Edited by Tidalwave on 5/24/2012 10:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
37 Undead Warlock
Tidalwave who was your character in Storm
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Floodwray, hunter
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
It's amusing to see people arguing about ancient history. The competition for server firsts certainly did add some excitement to the raiding grind, but it also engendered a lot of misplaced anxiety (e.g., about each other's raiding schedules). =P

Anyway, Ascendent was first on C'Thun. In fact, I think it was pretty close to a world ranked kill. Then I joined the guild, and everything went downhill! Naxx is a bit of a blur, probably because of Blizzard's borked release schedule.

After that, my recollection is that Ascendent's server firsts were... one of the lame bosses in TK (pretty sure it was Void Reaver), Archimonde, the orc in BT that you 3 tanked, Gorefiend, and best of all, pre-nerf Nightbane (suck it, Blue team)

I seem to remember most of SSC being a fiasco for us, even though it did produce one of my fondest WoW memories (the Bilmo u-turn on Hydross and subsequent meltdown). BT was actually going well up until RoS / Christmas break. We had a couple of raiders quit around then (Tsegoa, Oku, maybe Nics too), and it took us a while to get going again. On Illidan, we had some tanking issues, and we definitely weren't first there.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
CA 4 LIFE

NICS IS MY HERO
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
CA is garbage and so was storm. I could care less about old history, nor does anyone else care for it. Nics being a hero... is obscene. Fanboy a bit more brah.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
UMADBRO!?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
It's amusing to see people arguing about ancient history. The competition for server firsts certainly did add some excitement to the raiding grind, but it also engendered a lot of misplaced anxiety (e.g., about each other's raiding schedules). =P

Anyway, Ascendent was first on C'Thun. In fact, I think it was pretty close to a world ranked kill. Then I joined the guild, and everything went downhill! Naxx is a bit of a blur, probably because of Blizzard's borked release schedule.

After that, my recollection is that Ascendent's server firsts were... one of the lame bosses in TK (pretty sure it was Void Reaver), Archimonde, the orc in BT that you 3 tanked, Gorefiend, and best of all, pre-nerf Nightbane (suck it, Blue team)

I seem to remember most of SSC being a fiasco for us, even though it did produce one of my fondest WoW memories (the Bilmo u-turn on Hydross and subsequent meltdown). BT was actually going well up until RoS / Christmas break. We had a couple of raiders quit around then (Tsegoa, Oku, maybe Nics too), and it took us a while to get going again. On Illidan, we had some tanking issues, and we definitely weren't first there.

Ascendent old school raiders crew, wuddup 8-)

This is Euronymous, I was in Excel/Ascendant (beyond later and then storm and ascendant again but thats neither here nor there) on and off for a while. Was wondering how many of us original members there are still around on the server. Archimonde sticks out in mine just because of so many hilarious deaths + so expensive on flasks and !@#$ :)

I quit right after our first wipe to Illidan so I can't speak for anything after that, but good times.

Now all we need is Blueboy, Tsegoa and other staples to post and this'll be legendary.
Edited by Meanwhile on 5/29/2012 11:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Dwarf Rogue
is this what passes for drama nowadays?

I remember when we were accusing Storm of using level 1 alts to aggro Kazzak/Azuregos/green dragons onto Primal Order/Excel/Beyond.

EDIT: BTW, PO had server first on lucifron, gehennas, garr and shazzrah and server second on everything else up to domo.
Edited by Youranoob on 6/5/2012 7:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I'm mad? I suppose you were mad because you couldn't kill rag on heroic and rage transferred :) yeah pointing the finger on me being mad ^.^ oh so funny.
Reply Quote
37 Undead Warlock
is this what passes for drama nowadays?

I remember when we were accusing Storm of using level 1 alts to aggro Kazzak/Azuregos/green dragons onto Primal Order/Excel/Beyond.

EDIT: BTW, PO had server first on lucifron, gehennas, garr and shazzrah and server second on everything else up to domo.

And Magmadar
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

And 1st Twin Emperors. We were the Pilgrims for most of AQ and at the start of BC untill we came up with Ascendent(I think)...thanks Blueboy =P
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
All you need to know.

http://gilneasrightnow.ytmnd.com/
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
All you need to know.

http://gilneasrightnow.ytmnd.com/

I concur.

Also, hello there Cenaas, looooong time no see.

Ayup. Still around, just not on this guy so much. In other news, Barukhazad is now a Tauren.

Blasphemy. That would explain why its been forever since I've seen him though, not that I play much myself.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
What up old school Excel/Ascendent kr3w (Euronymous, Nyssa, Squid, etc etc)

I don't remember much about server firsts and stuff like that. I joined Excel when they first started MC way back in the day. Little known fact, I was actually Euronymous originally but then he and I traded characters and he got Euro and I got Finnegin (who was level 56 and level 3 respectively...) I was in and out of Excel for a while until I started raiding seriously in the AQ40/Naxx40 days. I remember we almost had server first Patchwerk but we ended up stuck on him for 2 months and lost our MT and our priest class leader. I quit shortly after we down Patch because I just couldn't handle playing any more after that horrendous boss.

I did manage to get server first alliance shaman when TBC hit. Quit after that one too.

Shout outs to my !@#$%s: Greatness, Euronymous, Avwen, Taidetsu, Hado, Tsegoa, Blueboy, Limdiggs, Yumiko.
Edited by Finnegin on 6/27/2012 10:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ahh the days of server firsts.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
06/27/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Finnegin
Shout outs to my !@#$%s: Greatness, Euronymous, Avwen, Taidetsu, Hado, Tsegoa, Blueboy, Limdiggs, Yumiko.

Dunno about Limdiggs but other than Hado logging on like 4 hours a month and Yumi disappearing for a month(or more) at a time, I don't think any of the above still plays, at least not that I know of. Don't know if Euro is playing activly or what though it does say 85 =) Tsegoa seems to log on when Blizzard sends out a free week of playtime. Blue ditched us because of family. Last I heard, Avwen ran off after Cromat and they're living in MA or something(jk). Think Avwen got married.

Greatness though, always said he played WoW untill D3 comes out. Said that all through BC. Left during Wrath(I could check the roster and see how long it's been since he's been online). But now D3 is out and I have heard he is infact playing it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
MBN got the server first 10 man lich king kill (normal)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

And Vashj was Beyond if I remember correctly, I know we sat around her corpse for a couple hours lol.

Nope sorry :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]