A <Time Well Wasted>...

85 Night Elf Hunter
At first I was going to make this thread with the same old recruitment message:

<Time Well Wasted> is now recruiting! Casual, fun guild looking for helpful people who hate drama so much that they kill theater majors on sight. Must be a warm body to bolster our numbers, conversation and participation optional. To entice you, we have the same exact guild features — bank, hall, cloak/tabard/shield/standard/hat/fanny pack — that everyone else does! PST to join!

But that won't bring the kind of players I want to join my guild. So we'll try this on for size:

Lost? Confused? Lonely? Constipated? Twitterpated? Giggly? Hurt? Crazy? Boggled? Excitable? Bumfuzzled? Hungry? Kidnapped? Sweet-smelling? <Time Well Wasted>: The guild for every state of mind. PST for more info!

Yes, much better. Pst me in game for more info!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Okay, anybody have any suggestions for recruiting? I've been having a hell of time getting anyone to join a level 1 guild.
Reply Quote
31 Night Elf Warrior
05/14/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Raene
Okay, anybody have any suggestions for recruiting? I've been having a hell of time getting anyone to join a level 1 guild.

Only create a guild if you actually have a purpose or guild vision. You don't mention PvE, PvP or RP, so I have no idea who you are trying to cater to.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Well my purpose for starting the guild was to be a jack of all trades, master of none type. But the problem I'm seeing is there's not many people like me that like to do a little bit of everything but don't feel the need to be the best at Raiding, PvP, etc.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
But I'm thinking I may have to bite the bullet and either deal with being the only person in the guild or sell it and join an established one.
Reply Quote
31 Night Elf Warrior
05/14/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Raene
Well my purpose for starting the guild was to be a jack of all trades, master of none type. But the problem I'm seeing is there's not many people like me that like to do a little bit of everything but don't feel the need to be the best at Raiding, PvP, etc.

There are guilds, like Guardians of the Light, that cater to that exact market. It's hard for a level 1 guild to compete against that. At a minimum, you should already have a core of active friends to help drive a new venture otherwise it is very likely doomed for failure.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
Do what I did. Get an addon that auto recruits everyone in the galaxy over and over, and hopefully you'll get some people that'll stay long enough to give you some guild exp. People won't seriously join a guild unless it's at least level 5. Amazing game design at work here.
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Mage
It is hard recruiting and runninga guild , and to try to tackle it by yourself is even more hard . I
Know you have to have something to offer, appeal to a certain demographic, schedule stuff, keep the guildies you have happy so that they stay and have a certain amount of trust as not to make them feel like just a number. I hate guilds that send you an automatic guild invite without a friendly advertising whisper first. It urks me when all of the tabs in the guild bank are on lock down . Keeping atleast one tab open for people to not feel like they are a theif right out of the gate helps. You need to make the guild feel like their home. Greet them, chat with them if they want to chat , help when you can, and just generally treat them as you desire to be treated ingame. Like attracts like. You can build a good guild on likeminded people but you can build a horrible one when you try to tak on more than you can chew. Goodluck !:-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]