Thoughts about new guilds

100 Undead Warrior
We've all seen new or lowbies break off established guilds to start their own. And more then likely two weeks later they've given up on their new guild and returned to the larger guilds for the guild perks. So for this forum's general discussion I present the following ideas:

1) you need three 85s to make a guild work. The reason is the guild run bonus. 300k per run helps burn through the low levels.

2) Lowbies dont enough xp to push the guild. As a BARE minimum think at least three 85s running 25 dailies.

Just some thoughts on new guilds. And my droid battery is low.

Drak 4 life
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I think new guilds should be discouraged. The numbers are off but imagine if this server had 100 people. In a perfect world we would have these 100 people forming either 10 DS groups or 4 25 man groups. Raiding wouldn't be a problem and people would not b**** about the server. One of the problems we encounter is that on this server is that people want to form their own guilds. Instead of 10 groups of 10, you get 1 or 2 groups of ten, 2 or 3 groups of five or six, and the rest groups of 1-2. I understand that people want to start their own thing, but a lot of times they just wanted to either be loot !@#$%s or got into a fight with the GM. The last one is completely my opinion, but I strongly believe the former is a fact about this server. Divide and conquer is killing the raid population. I say let the little guilds get absorbed by the bigger guilds and just raid instead of sitting in ogrimmar spamming trade chat with complaints about this server or threatening to cancel their subscription unless a solution is made.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
There are so many pro's and con's to new guilds vs. larger guilds, honestly it would really depend on the individual. Although larger guilds have all the great perks and alot of raids and dungeon opportunities it may lack the close-knit bond that people in smaller guilds would usually have especially because they are working together to make the guild better.

I have an alt that is in a guild filled with lvl24 twinks, we run dungeons to get what little exp we can for the guild and also work off of each others professions, so technically a guild doesn't need any 85's, they would just help alot. :P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Close knits are fine but they can be found in large guilds. I've been in both kinds of guilds, and I've come to learn that whether or not you find any friends really depends on you. Small guilds only make finding friends easier because you're so small you're forced to interact with each other. Its like high school versus college. College is what you make of it and can be better than high school unless you clam up. Big guilds have the potential to offer whatever small guilds claim to guarantee, but small guilds are incapable of running more than one raid if that on a regular basis.

the fk u know about cats

Enough to wear special boots to cut down on down time.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Close Knit guilds are key for longevity. Who wants to be dedicated to a guild where you log on and aren't noticed? If you don't have friends in a guild or after a period of time there still are unknown, why be in it. So I'll add point 3.

3) Bring in New People and include them. A guild isn't going to grow with leadership that doesn't make people feel welcome or doesn't make the game fun.

which brings point 4.

4) Vent Kills guilds. Keep more communication in Guild chat. The new guy that's not in vent will be kept interested and involved, developing a long term guildie. Too many talk for hours in vent and ignore the rest of thier guild.

05/14/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Kathoskrino
I understand that people want to start their own thing, but a lot of times they just wanted to either be loot !@#$%s or got into a fight with the GM.

Agree Strongly

05/15/2012 05:57 AMPosted by Kathoskrino
but small guilds are incapable of running more than one raid if that on a regular basis.

Unfortunately I agree with this as well. Conflicting Real Life responsibilities makes scheduling a nightmare (and Yeah I know I'm not a raider - but I've played enough WOW to know this is true).

the fk u know about cats

Enough to wear special boots to cut down on down time.

There's a little old lady outside Goldshire that sells cats. I'm horde I can't buy cats. So I guess I can kill her.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
There's a little old lady outside Goldshire that sells cats. I'm horde I can't buy cats. So I guess I can kill her.

6 hours ago

It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again.

If guild housing ever becomes a thing I promise you our well will have her at the bottom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]