LF awesome hunter for low pop server 3v3

85 Goblin Rogue
In need of a geared skilled hunter for 3v3 as title states. My ret buddy and I are two of the few players that pvp on this server. We've tried to force comps that don't work simply because we can't find others to pvp with. If we can find an equally skilled hunter it will be a cakewalk in 3v3. real ID and skype are both dave.hosey@gmail.com
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Bump for a legit Hunter to wreck kids with us.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
2v3 would make it tough. need a hunter. nice troll though
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
If we can find an equally skilled hunter it will be a cakewalk in 3v3

I'm assuming you want someone else that's used to playing on a low pop server, that's logged almost 6k arena matches and never broken 2k in any bracket...

To top if off, you're planning on running triple DPS to showcase your real "skill"...

G/L finding someone, but I couldn't help but /facepalm when reading this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
IM THE BEST PAY FOR MY XFER AND ILL GO PLAY WITH YOU BADS

HMU ON SKYPE

ELINTHIADABESTLOL1
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Sheevah you really didn't have to put them down like that. There's no need to be rude. They never stated they were better than you at pvp or thought they were glad material. They simply are looking for equally skilled players to pvp with. Don't you look for players of similar gaming level when you create your various arena teams? From what I see on the forums and trade chat other people are always seeking players of similar experience.

At no point did they say triple DPS involved any skill; they only stated they wanted a hunter with a skill level on par with their own.

Also just to defend triple DPS a bit, WoW players will always use the most efficient arena teams to quickly reach their goals and receive their reward for doing so. If playing triple DPS grants them an advantage then they play it. It is really no different than all the top warlocks using any variation of Cunning of the Cruel.

WoW is currently a game of imbalance. Certain comps rule, RLS/Triple DPS and gear can decide matches between equally skilled players/teams.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
I'm not putting them down, I'm simply pointing out that the presentation given is amusing to me.

There's nothing wrong with looking for similarly geared/experienced people to run with.

It is laughable that they're requesting someone on the arena forums, rather than their realm forums, to get into contact with them to play with them, which would likely involve a transfer (I doubt they'd leave).

It's even more laughable that it's implied that ret/rogue can't function outside of triple DPS, and it's even more laughable that they would suggest ret/rogue/hunter equates to an automatic cake walk in 3's when the OP doesn't have a stellar PvP resume, which means his ret buddy probably doesn't either.

Then, on a final note, I laughed again upon seeing the posting of his real ID and Skype address, which is against the forum code of conduct and is a terrible idea in general.
Edited by Sheevah on 5/14/2012 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Human Hunter
05/14/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Sheevah
the OP doesn't have a stellar PvP resume, which means his ret buddy probably doesn't either.

now, now, let's not be mean here, not when everybody can see your rogue too.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
05/14/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Stalked
now, now, let's not be mean here, not when everybody can see your rogue too.

1) I don't hide my rogue

2) I don't beg for people to play with me

3) This is the first season I ever attempted to play at a competitive level, hit 2.2k and lost interest, since that's all this season has going for it.

4) Your passive aggressive attempt to belittle me is as amusing as this thread

5) I really just wanted to hit 5, because it's a nice number to stop a short list at.
Reply Quote
91 Human Hunter
I'm just saying, telling someone their own performance isn't very good when yours isn't that great isn't very nice friend. :|

That, and they're not begging, simply looking for people, albeit on the wrong forum.

5 is indeed a nice number though. 4 just wouldn't work, for sure. That's weird.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
05/14/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Stalked
I'm just saying, telling someone their own performance isn't very good when yours isn't that great isn't very nice friend. :|

I'm not under any requirements to be nice and/or politically correct when posting on this forum.

I, also, don't have to have a stellar track record to point out that someone else doesn't either.

I, yet again, don't have to restrain myself from voicing my opinion, because I can easily defend my stances when I make posts.

I could also, easily, make the argument that you trying to go white knight and point out that I'm not being "nice" is every bit as douchey and stand-offish as me laughing at the thread in the first place.

That, and they're not begging, simply looking for people, albeit on the wrong forum.

beg
v. begged, beg·ging, begs
v.tr.
1. To ask for as charity:
2. To make a humble or urgent plea.

They're requesting someone to give up all their other options to come and play with them, and even make a case that they feel they've exhausted all their efforts.

Whether you like the use of the term or not, it is a fact, he was begging for someone to come play with them.
Reply Quote
91 Human Hunter
Well, you are under some requirements in terms of your behavior, unfortunately, so you missed that.

You're more than free to voice your opinions, nobody is saying you can't.
Regardless, running around being a jerk isn't very cool, and then being extremely defensive about it, and that's exactly what you're doing.

If you're going to do that, you're just going to get it right back at you from players who could make fun of what you do and how you play, and that just ruins everything good the forums are for.

As far as the begging thing, it's pointless.
The connotation of the word beg is the important part here, hinting at them being pitiful, pathetic, desperate, what have you.
You can try and play that off too, and I'm sure you will, but that's exactly what you were getting at.
Edited by Stalked on 5/14/2012 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
05/14/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Stalked
Well, you are under some requirements in terms of your behavior, unfortunately, so you missed that.

Yes, some requirements. None of which maintain that I must hold the hand of every person that wanders into the forums and make a post.

Regardless, running around being a jerk isn't very cool, and then being extremely defensive about it, and that's exactly what you're doing.

Again, trying to go white knight. If you don't like the way I post, that's fine. Trying to make an argument that revolves around your disapproval of such a posting style isn't any more productive to a conversation than the post you disagree with.

I wouldn't say I'm being extremely defensive, as I could come up with a lot better and stronger worded material if you wanted to go that route.

If you're going to do that, you're just going to get it right back at you from players who could make fun of what you do and how you play, and that just ruins everything good the forums are for.

I don't need the karma police to inform me that other people can make fun of me on a forum. Thanks for the heads up, though. I'm sure I'll have nightmares tonight about the boogeyman coming in and telling me that I'm scrub in WoW for hitting 2.2k the first time I attempted it. Then, from there, I'll be oh so deeply wounded that I'll probably be forced to unsubscribe to the game and have a basement added on to the house so I can go and crawl in it to marinate in my own filth and lament for years about how someone on a video game forum disapproved of me voicing my amusement.

As awful as that sounds, I'll at least be prepared now. And it's all thanks to you!

As far as the begging thing, it's pointless.
The connotation of the word beg is the important part here, hinting at them being pitiful, pathetic, desperate, what have you.
You can try and play that off too, and I'm sure you will, but that's exactly what you were getting at.

Why would I try to play it off? I'm not playing anything off, that's exactly what I'm saying.

They are desperate, asking for people to contact them personally so that they can have a cakewalk in threes because they feel they've exhausted all their efforts, even going to the extent to say they've been forcing themselves to play with people they didn't want to.

Sounds pretty desperate to me.
Reply Quote
91 Human Hunter
05/14/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Sheevah
Yes, some requirements. None of which maintain that I must hold the hand of every person that wanders into the forums and make a post.

Sure, except there's not really any reason for what you've done, no matter what any rules say.

You basically came into this thread and went "lol you guys are pathetic" and when someone told you there's no need for that, you came back with "Uh-uh gurl I do wut I want"

This isn't going to end now, because all you're doing is defending your completely unnecessary post.
Personally, I don't really care about these guys. Triple DPS is stupid, he's a scumbag legendary rogue with daggers, and so on.

But there's still not any reason to be so rude about it.

I'm all for trolling and messing with people, it's funny and entertaining.
But there's a fine line between trolling and just going out of your way to be a jerk for no reason.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
ITT: Stalked QT called out a baddie for being a douche to some dudes that just want to get something out of their 15 a month, and douche gets mad.

PS ilu stalked
Reply Quote
91 Human Hunter
Well, they are running triple DPS with legendary daggers, so maybe there's a little reason to tease them.

But c'mon, there's no need for that.

And that's from a guy who used to do the same thing and go out of his way to be a jerk.
Edited by Stalked on 5/14/2012 7:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
05/14/2012 07:34 PMPosted by Stalked
Sure, except there's not really any reason for what you've done, no matter what any rules say.

There's also not any reason for you to try and condemn me for making the post, but that hasn't really stopped you from chiming in.

when someone told you there's no need for that, you came back with "Uh-uh gurl I do wut I want"

I'm coming from the standpoint that we can continue this unproductive back and forth for days on end if you want.

I posted that I disapproved of the thread. You posted to show disapproval of my method of disapproval.

From there, it can feed off of itself endlessly if that's what you want. In other news, we could simply save everyone's eyes and agree to disagree, which is what I would recommend, because yes, I really am enough of a tool to continue this pointless banter for weeks if it comes to that.

But there's a fine line between trolling and just going out of your way to be a jerk for no reason.

And I sure am glad we have someone like you trying to police that imaginary line.

05/14/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Phaelle
douche gets mad.

Far from mad, but you can play it off like that if it helps you sleep tonight. ;)
Reply Quote
91 Human Hunter
05/14/2012 07:49 PMPosted by Sheevah
I posted that I disapproved of the thread.

That's not really disapproval.
What I said, sure.

What you said? No, not really.

As far as policing it, sure thing, I guess.
Alternatively, some common sense works too.
It's not hard to tell the difference between teasing and having fun, and being rude and condescending.

You're more than welcome to stop this.
Go for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]