Power of the Warlock

90 Gnome Warlock
And so the battle begins as I step onto the battlefield. Everyone else rushes off to die in a blaze of glory. I simply follow behind. You know the old saying "Pawns go first." I take a quick look around, identify a healer and ride out with him.

My fellow Alliance members charge into the crowd of enemies, some leaping off their mounts to get the first hit. I stop short of the fight and gingerly climb down from my Mechastrider. I send my felguard into the fray, while I stay outside of it. I spend enough money getting bullet holes and cuts fixed on my robe. That and I figure there's no need to go toe to toe with the big dumb orc warrior packing a sword bigger than me. If the felguard's head gets split open, big deal, I can summon another.

A few moments into the fight, I see a bright flash of dazzling light and the wounds of my enemy were sealing themselves shut. I look past the crowd and see a Goblin priest... How a goblin can channel the Holy Light is beyond me, not that I really care. If the light wants to accept a greedy little savage, that's the Light's business. Thinking for a moment, I command my demon to throw his axe at the priest.

No sooner than the axe hit did the priest see the Horde Insignia sewed onto his gloves and somehow pulled himself together. With a malevolent grin I think to myself, "I got you now!" I quickly cast a spell of fear and the priest shrugs it off. I waste no time in doing it again. This time the spell connected and the nasty little maggot ran off like a child that stirred up a hornet's nest.

Out of nowhere My healer calls for help. some idiot rogue has decided he wants a piece. I spin around and use a spell I had prepared earlier, Death Coil. He flees like a rabbit being chased by a tiger. You should have seen the look on his face, reminded me of the time I fed my cousin to an ogre... long story on that one! Anyway, that gave me a chance to put a fear spell on him to send him fleeing. By then The priest had come back and began to heal his allies again. Not acceptable. I placed the curse of tongues on the fool to slow him down and decided to unload on him.

I turn myself into a mighty demon, my power going through the roof as I begin to pile on the afflictions and set the priest on fire, all the while my felguard beating on him. This of course attracts the attention of several horde fighters who come after me for trying to kill their healer.

Thankfully, the healer I saved begins throwing me some heals, but there wasn't much I could do.. or was there? I use this neato trinket I got to alleviate the blow to my head and bring me out of my stunned state and use my demon portal I laid down earlier to get away. For a moment the horde just stood there, confused, but then noticed me and came after me again. I hear a groan of agony and noticed a long dagger protruding from the throat of the goblin priest I was trying to kill. I couldn't help but laugh at how the light failed that miserable wretch. Of course that also diverted my attention just long enough for a death knight to pull me back into the group. They were seriously hellbent on killing me.

Last thing I remember was a big axe aimed right between my eyes, then I woke up not too far away, perfectly fine, except all the blessing bestowed upon me by my allies were not longer there. I see the fight is still going on so I charge back to the fight, jump into the middle of the group on my healer and and cast my Howl of Terror spell. all of the enemies went scurrying off, of course, this also means they know I'm back.. Which wasn't good.

Some idiot Death Knight pulls me to him, away from the crowd. idiot. as I'm flying to him I realize my Death Coil is recharged and ready to go. I put my hand forth and unleashed it. the poor sap was running faster than a baby deer being chased by a pack of wolves. This, naturally gave me the chance to place a fear spell on him to send him fleeing even longer.

I quickly turn my attention back to the fight and realize that the enemy numbers are quickly diminishing. Without their healer to back them up they drop like flies. Some moron paladin is bragging about how many he killed, some idiot rogue is gloating about how great he is. I just shake my head and sit down on the corpse of an orc and rummage through its pockets for a snack. I'm hungry from the fight and need something to chew on. Luckily for me he had some fresh roast beef in a pouch. Let them brag because both of them were mindlessly beating on the closest horde member to them. Pawns...
Edited by Bolbox on 5/13/2012 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
/like
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
If you changed this story to fit horde it would've been better :) but I loved it and it reminds me of what I do in pvp (except i play destro)
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
Who else got hungry after reading this?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Why were you eating roast beef.. you should have been soul harvesting...
Reply Quote
45 Worgen Warlock
If you were undead you could have just eaten his face off :)

Awsome story too!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I figure the warlock forum needed some sort of inspiration in the mound of QQ posts and other doom and gloom.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Love it!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/13/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Spamtana

because it was
A. delicious
and
B. pillaged from the ravaged carcass of my enemy.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/13/2012 10:47 PMPosted by Bolbox

because it was
A. delicious
and

/like :D
Gnomes Warlocks > all! (Until we get punted by some random DK that is >_<)
Reply Quote
60 Human Warlock
/love

I now feel like I should level up some more!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
05/13/2012 10:47 PMPosted by Bolbox

Should have changed this to A, because what other reason could be needed?

Also, nice post :) was a fun read.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
My thought process in a bg. Very nice good sir. Even for a gnome. -tipshat-
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Made me chuckle
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Very well written. Please write more. This really motivated me to play my lock again and have some fun in PVP.

/like
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I'll tell you one thing, there are few things more satisfying then learning to coordinate succubus seduce with your own fear (2 different targets of course) to really give your opponent hell.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
05/15/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Bolbox
I'll tell you one thing, there are few things more satisfying then learning to coordinate succubus seduce with your own fear (2 different targets of course) to really give your opponent hell.
I suck at this :( that's why I just roll with the imp. SCREW CC I LIKE TO BUUURSSTTT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
rabbits are not tigers natural prey. FAKE AND GAY
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/15/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Coupdegrâce
rabbits are not tigers natural prey. FAKE AND GAY

aww, poor shaman... here have some medicated toilet paper for that hurt butt of yours.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]