Inactive guild master replacement. Really?

90 Draenei Shaman
Does Blizzard thinks people have no life but to play WoW daily? What if i go on a vacation or i get sick and don't play WoW for a few months? Everything i have in WoW is on my guild all my money all my mats.... and all the time and effort i put in to lvl my guild almost by myself!!! All that gone given to someone i don't even know and i can't get it back!! Really?
Looks like a have no choice but to kick all the guild members if i ever go on vacation, or something.
Blizzard needs to make this an option for the GM if he wants to pass leadership in his/her absence. Not all guilds exist for the same reasons. Or simply eliminate this. Why does the GM needs to be active? Officers have the power to do everything the GM can. The GM is just the owner; he does not need to be logged in order for member to play their game...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/13/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Nøvä
by myself!!!

If you are the only one in your guild what do you have to worry about?

If you're so sick that you can't even play video games for a month then dude, you're dead.

And if you can afford vacation for a couple months, then **** you.

lol
Edited by Breadsticks on 5/13/2012 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
Easy fix: Give possession to someone you trust.
Problem solved.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/13/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Nøvä
What if i go on a vacation or i get sick and don't play WoW for a few months?

Don't you feel that your guild deserves to actaully have an active leader?

If you want to lead a guild with other people in it, log into the game and lead. You have to remember, all those other people are actual people. There's a lot of stuff that only you can do. For one, you're the only one that can kick, demote, or promote to the first rank under the leader... You're the only one with control of the guild bank permissions, and who can use money for repairs. If you're going to not be on for a few months, promote someone you can trust, otherwise, take responsibility for your guild and be on.
Edited by Aldiara on 5/13/2012 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
This has always been a feature, now that is streamlined, people gripe because they can't seem to be bothered to log in once every 30 days for a short time.

Apparently the OP has no trusted friends to give the GM to if they will b away. I am sad for this.

GM is not the owner, he is the renter.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
You go on vacation for a month? You get sick for a month?

Honestly, if you don't log in for a month (I think it's 2 months now, somebody correct me if I'm wrong) you should probably get the G-leader bootstick.

Too many times I've seen guilds disband because the leader hasn't logged on for 5 months, and without a heir to the G-leader throne (lol) the officers fight over who will be leader. OR nobody does anything and just leaves one by one.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Its 90 days now, I think.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4488479071
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Meh, there is another thread this person necroed..so sad.. Necro is againt forum rules
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Does Blizzard thinks people have no life but to play WoW daily? What if i go on a vacation or i get sick and don't play WoW for a few months? Everything i have in WoW is on my guild all my money all my mats.... and all the time and effort i put in to lvl my guild almost by myself!!! All that gone given to someone i don't even know and i can't get it back!! Really?
Looks like a have no choice but to kick all the guild members if i ever go on vacation, or something.
Blizzard needs to make this an option for the GM if he wants to pass leadership in his/her absence. Not all guilds exist for the same reasons. Or simply eliminate this. Why does the GM needs to be active? Officers have the power to do everything the GM can. The GM is just the owner; he does not need to be logged in order for member to play their game...

Unless you plan to be sick or on vacation for 3 months... find 2 minutes to log in....and log out.
PROBLEM SOLVED

If you've unsubscribed to save that money and cant log in....too bad?
Edited by Corbie on 5/13/2012 7:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You have 90 days.

90 days.

Thats a huge amount of time. If you don't log on for 90 days or have your wife/brother/trusted person log on for you, you do not need to be the guild leader. Simple as that.
Reply Quote
You have 90 days now.
That's three months.
A quarter of a YEAR.

In a game with monthly subscriptions where guilds are intended to be active social structures with leadership and direction, that's an eternity.

Sorry, I have no sympathy for someone who can't be bothered to lead or abdicate effectively in that kind of timeframe.

You deserve to lose it if that's all the care you put into it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
LFM
if you're gunna be out for a long time just kick everyone from you're guild and the problem is solved,
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
if you take a 3 month vacation, it is because you got fired.. and will have lots of time to enjoy WOW
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't think logging in once every 90 days is unreasonable.

If you're concerned about going into a coma or something, just make sure that only someone you trust has a high enough rank to take over the guild should you recieve a severe blow to the head.

Only players I think Rank 4 and above can take over the guild in your absence.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4488479071
Edited by Hippeaux on 5/13/2012 8:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
There is a Blue post pertaining to this. You should be discussing this there. But really, if you're going to be gone for more than 90 days, you really should:

1) Attempt to log in long enough to let your members know that you are going to be taking an extended leave of absence.
2) Clear your personal belongings out of the guild bank. (Or better yet, have an alt bank guild where you are the only person in it, and keep your personal stuff there instead of in a public guild storage area).
3) Appoint someone to be in charge while you are gone, that can give out items accordingly, that you trust to either give you leadership back or not take over complete leadership in the first place. Also, make sure you trust this person enough to not clean out the guild bank of anything useful.

If you don't have anyone you can trust, then they shouldn't be in an officer rank in the first place. If that is the case should make sure that they are not in the top 4 ranks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]