The Posts

1 Blood Elf Warrior
around here... they're dropping like flies.
I am starting to fear that The Neverending Story was right and the Great Nothing is coming.

"These hands..."
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Paladin
It's been pretty depressing. I mean, I can see how our first recruitment one was taken the wrong way and offended someone and was reported... but there have been a lot of posts that other people have made that have disappeared that didn't make any sense to me. It makes me sad to see the forums so quiet when they used to be so fun and busy I could barely keep up. I don't understand why anyone would want to do that to our beloved forums. I'm not really sure what the issue has been with a lot of them. Off-topic? Derailing? Trolling?

Personally, I would rather see those things than nothing at all, but I guess not everyone feels that way.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
I wonder if people forget that they do have the option to /ignore posters on the forums just like in game. They don't have to participate in, or even view content that they dislike... but other people still have the freedom to read, revel, and interact.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
05/15/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Thelanor
People forget/don't know how fun the forums used to be and have either lost interest or their senses of humor. Just like the realm itself, the life of the forums has withered up. We are but the gardeners of silly, messenger dorks sent to restore BWR.

Going back to a <Furious Makeouts> post response I had. I miss tBC-early wotlk days on BWR. Some decent trolls, fun PvE guilds like Eternal Legacy, Defiance, Slow Motion, PvP'ers like Mitsiru, Watchfull, Sli, Huppi, attacks on ally cities by Legendz and Zeroace and attacks on horde cities by Dizastrous, Skarzz and Bruncer. Edit: I also enjoyed when Centermass and friends came to BWR, some damn good BG premades, damn good.

Good times.
R.I.P.
Edited by Ulduar on 5/15/2012 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Sorry. I have no opinion.
Edited by Sorya on 5/16/2012 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
im just not a message board type of person. Never have been. Some people just honestly dont care for this kind of stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
A lot of the people who used to keep the forum active aren't playing WoW anymore. Really doubt anyone would pay $15 a month just to keep access to posting in the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Sorry.
Edited by Sorya on 5/16/2012 9:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Priest
05/15/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Sorya
I'm just not interested in that brand on humor.

Then may I suggest to you our first installment of exciting role play!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4927103501
Okay, it is a subsidiary of Furious Makeouts, inc. but that is just the Fineprint under the UPC (like how Blue Moon is advertised as a craft beer when in reality it's owned by Coors).

Actually, I won't tell you to read our posts if you don't like them. You are entitled to your low opinion of us. And I'd like to say you're entitled to make your feelings known just as we are entitled to be our silly selves, however, the swiss cheese threads tend to tell a different story. And that is what really bums me out.
A lively discussion generally does not consist of a bunch of people who agree with each other (just look at the thread about the MoP quest rewards). That is the attitude I miss of the forums - sometimes things could get a little hostile, but at the end of the day when someone from another realm put up a @Soandso thread about how bad they were we'd all band together to jump down their throat and rip them a new !@#$%^-.
Specific posters aren't necessary for this- people who have come and gone will be missed and welcomed back happily if they show up again, but overall it's an issue of mentality more than any particular person.

That is why every time someone reports a post a fairy dies. And unfortunately, it's not Navi from Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Good times.
R.I.P.

Then joooooin uuuuuussss
Thel wants a Deathstar AND A DEATHSTAR HE SHALL HAVE
Edited by Grimmsy on 5/16/2012 3:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Sorry.
Edited by Sorya on 5/16/2012 9:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
05/15/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Sorya
I've been actively avoiding post with you guys in it. So...that's part of it. Im a party pooper.

05/15/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Niabella
im just not a message board type of person. Never have been. Some people just honestly dont care for this kind of stuff.

And that's totally fine. I have no problems with people who aren't interested in reading our threads. The thing I've been concerned about lately is how many posts have been disappearing when they didn't seem offensive, or trolling, or spam, or anything. I'm not talking about our first recruitment thread... I understand that one. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand it and I'm not angry about it. But when people are posting in a thread with seemingly totally fine comments that disappear after ten minutes, it's upsetting.

You guys aren't interested in our brand of humor, and that's totally fine. But the people who are, and want to participate in a thread, and aren't being offensive... well, they should be allowed to.

I'd rather see you all posting on your mains as well.

As for this, well, 90% of the time I DO post on my main. But it doesn't make much sense for me to do a recruitment thread with a character who's not in that guild, does it? Especially if it's an RP thread. Obviously Yellowflower is not a part of that comedy troupe, so it wouldn't make sense for her to be MCing the show. Whenever I am not posting on my main, it is because the character is relevant to the post, or occasionally, if I have a controversial opinion about something and I don't want to get my guild dragged into it. (Call it a leftover from the days where anytime anyone said something on the forums that people didn't like, they'd call out the guild leaders for allowing that kind of behavior.) Also, I feel like most of the time when other people post on alts, they're generally not hiding who they are. I feel like I know a lot of the alts that I see commonly on the forums, and I feel like most people who spend a lot of time here have figured out who most of the alts are, and I really don't understand why that would be a concern, unless the alt is doing some serious trolling, or being super offensive.

I'm definitely not trying to disguise who I am when I'm posting, and if anyone asked which characters were me, I wouldn't hesitate in telling them. For the record, Remnit and Fineprint are both me. This is why I wish they would bring signatures back, or start using battletags on the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
05/16/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Sorya
A lively discussion generally does not consist of a bunch of people who agree with each other (just look at the thread about the MoP quest rewards)

I pretty much avoided that thread too.

I like happy and funny. I hate hostility and arguing.

I just want to say that even though on the surface that thread might have looked like a lot of arguing, none of it was mean-spirited, and it never got personal. I don't see anything wrong with people disagreeing as long as they keep it civil. There was very little anger in that thread, mostly just a lot of back and forth about different points of the system. I feel like that kind of discussion is healthy and in this particular case, good for the game. In that case it was about something happening in beta which can still be changed, so a discussion about the good and bad points is a really good thing to have. It's a good way to bring Blizzard's attention to the way their customers feel about an issue, and for them to see what the pros and cons are of things they have implemented and also a way for them to see what other options players are suggesting.

That paragraph was not hostility or arguing, that was just a person explaining their point of view about something to another person. I personally feel like that conversation is good in a place like this. However, if you don't, and aren't interested in that, that's totally fine.

What I would like to see is that for the people who want happy and fun threads, to start more happy and fun threads. I promise not to derail it or start arguments if the intention of the thread is made clear at the beginning.

Also, this is a perfect example of what I was talking about earlier. Your post has already been reported, and I don't see a single thing in it that is trolling, spam, offensive, or any of the other things that are against the rules. I just see a person expression her opinion, and I don't understand why everyone is so against that, lately.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Who are you people and where have you put the real slim shadies?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]