Both sides of the Fall of Theramore are out.

85 Blood Elf Warlock
Horde:

Horde Scenario Steps

* To the Waterline! - Rig powder barrels on all six ships.
* The Blastmaster - Inform Blastmaster Sparkfuse of your success.
* Gryphon, Down - Slay Baldruc and his gryphons.
* Tanks for Nothing! - Destroy Big Bessa and sabotage any unmanned tanks.
* Fly, Spy! - Slay Hedric Evencane and free Thalen Songweaver from Foothold Citadel.

Alliance:

Alliance Scenario Steps

* Find Jaina - Find Jaina Proudmoore in the ruins of Theramore.
* Cleansing the Filth - Destroy any remaining horde in the ruins of Theramore.
* Destroy the Destroyer - Destroy the Horde siege engine at the west gate.
* The Last Stand - Protect Jaina while she attunes to the Focusing Iris.
* Welcome to Theramore - Defeat the Horde in the harbor.

So Theramore gets hit pretty hard, eh? The Horde utterly decimate the place.

The Alliance seems to come in after the destruction; the 'Ruins of Theramore' and attempts to mop up whatever Horde are left wandering about.

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2780-Pandaren-Male-Emote-Sounds-Theramore-Scenario-Preview-Blue-Posts-The-Daily-Blink
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Not even gonna lie, I was hoping to actually defend Theramore before it blew up. But I'm keeping in mind the possible changes since it wasn't even meant to be tested yet.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
As it looks, I am disappointed. Unsurprised, but disappointed.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's probably still being developed as we speak since it can't even be tested.
Edited by Aeluron on 5/19/2012 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
05/19/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Noitora
Not even gonna lie, I was hoping to actually defend Theramore before it blew up. But I'm keeping in mind the possible changes since it wasn't even meant to be tested yet.

That may be, but the 'Ruins of Theramore' map was found in the files a while ago; this was planned for a long time.

I daresay this is probably what we're going to be getting.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20646092.jpg

That aside, I'm not particularly surprised they'd go this route. While I'm sure people would have liked to participate in the event concurrently, if the outcome was fixed beforehand, we'd likely get another Andorhal type situation, where people complain they lost after participating in the battle. Lose-lose situation.

That said, I'm going to reserve judgement until I see how it plays out. Dialogue and quest text (even though few people actually read it) can provide a wealth of depth we simply can't get from a handful of quest objectives.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I wonder if there'll be a reward at the end of the quest...

"I'm sorry that we could not defend yet another invaded Alliance city <name>. Here, have one of these capes stained with either tears or blood... but they're magically empowered tears and blood!"
Reply Quote
Well. I mean. I guess we actually get to acknowledge that the Horde screwed us over this time? Could be worse, could be Southshore all over again.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
=l <-----This is my surprised face
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
I'm a bit confused. Why's everyone upset by all this? Wasn't this expected from what everyone's been saying? I mean what else did you guys think this would be? (Really this is a question, not just a rhetorical question).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
05/19/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Vynathlon
I'm a bit confused. Why's everyone upset by all this? Wasn't this expected from what everyone's been saying? I mean what else did you guys think this would be? (Really this is a question, not just a rhetorical question).

I think people would be upset because they don't actually get the chance to fight for Theramore.

Like Silverwind Refuge or Southshore, Alliance players are left showing up AFTER the main event happened, not DURING, where they could at least hope they could defend themselves and it wouldn't come to a complete loss, unlike showing up after.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Like Silverwind Refuge or Southshore, Alliance players are left showing up AFTER the main event happened, not DURING, where they could at least hope they could defend themselves and it wouldn't come to a complete loss, unlike showing up after.

Well, they tried that with Andorhal, and people complained about that too.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
People are just frustrated about another loss. Yes we know Theramore will be destroyed, that's not new. But why not give us something to smile about at least? Remember the big crater after the battle? Why not help Jaina set off a giant arcane bomb that blows up Theramore Isle, but also takes out the main attacking force in the process? If we're going down, why not let us spit in the face of the Horde as we do it? Throw us a bone.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I'd enjoy taking part, even if the event were a loss. (Though I'm Horde main, I use an Alliance alt for stuff like that).

Personally, I think the game could use more "ultimate loss" scenarios where a player is nevertheless successful in their quest objectives. That's not just a Horde and Alliance thing, but also things dealing with any other threat. I think it builds up better tension when there is finally an ultimate success if you've had your share of losses in the past. Win after win after win has less impact.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Rhoggarn
Focusing Iris.

What is this?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Annoyances about the point of the Theramore event aside (we really didn't know we were at war already?) I can't really find much to go on in the meager details so far to really say just what's going on in the Alliance scenario.

Right now you can describe it very easily off the objectives as: Show up to a fight you've already lost, sift through the rubble while extracting revenge on the Horde's equivalent of the Taurajo looters, listen to Jaina cry for a while, then defend her while she does 'something', then go to the docks and fight a boss who's there for to what? Facilitate the conquest of rubble?

I suppose the entire Alliance scenario hinges on just what Jaina's doing to supply a bit of substance beyond 'keep the Horde from occupying Theramore's ashes'.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Focusing Iris.

What is this?

It's a device in the Eye of Eternity that Kalecgos used to help Thrall harness the power of the Dragon Soul.

I think Malygos used it for something too, probably to facilitate the channeling of all that arcane power in the Nexus.

And if Jaina is a powerful enough wizard to use it herself...
Edited by Gibbons on 5/19/2012 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
05/19/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Katarn
People are just frustrated about another loss. Yes we know Theramore will be destroyed, that's not new. But why not give us something to smile about at least? Remember the big crater after the battle? Why not help Jaina set off a giant arcane bomb that blows up Theramore Isle, but also takes out the main attacking force in the process? If we're going down, why not let us spit in the face of the Horde as we do it? Throw us a bone.

Well Jaina is attuning a Focusing Iris in one of the objectives (probably the final one).

Those things are used to channel massive amounts of magical energy. Kalecgos used the Blue Dragonflight's to focus the power of Thrall and the 4 Aspects into the Dragon Soul.

So why would Jaina want to use one. The Jaina of the past might of used it to cast some sort of gigantic teleportation spell. The Jaina we will meet immediately after the fall of Theramore however, may have a more destructive goal in mind. How about blasting the Horde gunship, the thing most responsible for Theramore's fall, out of the sky? Now that could be epic.

Earlier beta builds had the final objective being killing a Horde shaman for Theramore's banner. My guess is Blizzard decided that wasn't epic enough and opted for something a bit more intense to finish off the Alliance Scenario.

Annoyances about the point of the Theramore event aside (we really didn't know we were at war already?) I can't really find much to go on in the meager details so far to really say just what's going on in the Alliance scenario.

Right now you can describe it very easily off the objectives as: Show up to a fight you've already lost, sift through the rubble while extracting revenge on the Horde's equivalent of the Taurajo looters, listen to Jaina cry for a while, then defend her while she does 'something', then go to the docks and fight a boss who's there for to what? Facilitate the conquest of rubble?

I suppose the entire Alliance scenario hinges on just what Jaina's doing to supply a bit of substance beyond 'keep the Horde from occupying Theramore's ashes'.

The objectives are probably out of order. At the very least I'd say "Welcome to Theramore" is first not last. This does change the pacing of the Scenario because you will have to fight your way onto Theramore Isle (possibly boarding or even sinking Horde ships in the process), rather then simply showing up.

Otherwise I'd agree that the key to the Scenario is what Jaina is doing with the Focusing Iris.
Edited by Falrinn on 5/19/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Fistpumping eh? Or was that supposed to be after the Siege of Ogrimmar?
Edited by Siyan on 5/19/2012 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]