Guild wars 2 rumor: on sale 6/28

19 Human Hunter
http://kotaku.com/5910509/guild-wars-2-retail-ad-shows-june-28-release-date

My friend at gamestop said this was close to the date they gave them last month. Release dates until formally announced are placeholders.

Personally, I think that's too soon. Some things need to be ironed out. We still haven't seen a beta with tuned graphics and there are a host of other issues (server side lag, input lag, etc) that need to be looked at. Hell, we have only seen one beta build for those that prepurchased.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I hope so. I am very anxious to see how well they have implemented their vision for this game.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
That's old news. Gamestop has had that date up for months now. Since then NCSoft has had their investors call and they've said that GW2 was on schedule to come out in the latter half of the year. Most likely Q3/Q4. Plus having been in the beta I'm very skeptical about a June release. I'd say more likely September. But then again we'll need to see how much they've polished up in the next BWE.
Reply Quote
28 Orc Warlock
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/guild-wars-video/guildcast-guild-wars-show/socially-acceptable/#comments

It's sounding really amazing :)
Reply Quote
91 Undead Priest
GW2 will NOT be released June 28 anywhere. This isn't speculation or a guess or anything other than a fact.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
We haven't had a beta weekend this month have we? =(
Reply Quote
45 Human Warlock
05/23/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Tomac
We haven't had a beta weekend this month have we? =(

No BWE for May. It is confirmed.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
05/23/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Boxerone

Then we better get two next month! :P
Reply Quote
29 Human Warrior
05/23/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Tomac

Then we better get two next month! :P

I guess they considered the stress test for a couple hours last week, May's beta.

I am hoping the next beta build will address many of the issues found in April.
Reply Quote
22 Human Hunter
It would be awesome if they released it June 28, but it's definitely not going to happen. The game is actually in a releasable state right now, since the version we played during the beta weekend was not the most current (or optimized) build they have. However, Arenanet still wants to gather data about how the game runs on different hardware, and get more feedback from the testers.

If I had to guess, an August or September release is very likely. They're probably going to ramp up the testing over the summer to get the game polished. That will give them a month or so to get everything boxed up and ready to sell for all the poor pathetic souls still living in 2003. Also, they know the game needs to be released before Mists of Pandaria, since many of their potential customers won't be playing anything but WoW for several months after a new expansion. Mists will likely be released in late November or early December, so Anet needs to get the game live well before then. It would also be wise to get it out before people go back to school, so an August release is highly probable.
Edited by Valvelour on 5/23/2012 10:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I hope so. But any date in July would do the trick for me. I'm taking some time off the job at August. ;-)

If it's not out at the end of July/start of August, I will QQ. :-D
Edited by Semris on 5/23/2012 11:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
I wont believe any date unless it comes from ArenaNet or NcSoft directly.
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Warrior
Hmm. My birthday. I was going to give it a pass, but if I can get it for free? What the hell.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]