Black Market AH

(Locked)

85 Orc Warrior
Gold is worthless. I've been offered 600,000 gold with a X-52 Nether Rocket to transmorg a Corrupted Ashbringer. Yes, just for ONE transmorg. Just because you've sat in the city all day stockpiling gold doesn't make you entitled for the rarest items in the game.
Edited by Xstyles on 5/28/2012 8:32 PM PDT
85 Orc Warrior
The current max bid is around 213,000 with a 20,000 starting bid. The system needs a lot of reworking. Right now it's just a race to see who can type in 213,000 the fastest.
Edited by Xstyles on 5/28/2012 8:40 PM PDT
90 Draenei Warrior
Gold is worthless. I've been offered 600,000 gold with a X-52 Nether Rocket to transmorg a Corrupted Ashbringer. Yes, just for ONE transmorg. Just because you've sat in the city all day stockpiling doesn't make your entitled for the rarest items in the game.

Guess what happens if really gold is that hard to come by?
People spend that 600k gold a few times, the amount of gold on servers goes down by 90%, massive deflation, and poof they are rare again.

You're implying any of us with gold are going to drop that much on a mount in one go.

05/28/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Xstyles
The current max bid is around 213,000 with a 20,000 starting bid. The system needs a lot of reworking. Right now it's just a race to see who can type in 213,000 the fastest.

Also, this.
200k is not a lot either with current inflation.
85 Orc Warrior
a 213,000 max bid isn't going to fix anything. Except depreciate the value of the items being listed.
90 Dwarf Warlock
05/28/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Xstyles

THIS right here is the main issue with BMAH.

The price cap needs to be whatever gold cap is (currently 999999g 99s 99c, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were raised.
90 Draenei Warrior
05/28/2012 08:47 PMPosted by Awkward

The price cap needs to be whatever gold cap is (currently 999999g 99s 99c, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were raised.

It'd still be a race to who can get to the bid cap the highest on many servers.
90 Worgen Mage
All I know is, I can't wait to purchase me some t3 off the Black Market AH. Finally my warrior will have the Dreadnaught armor he deserved but was restricted from getting (AQ40 killed my guild in vanilla, they were not up to the task of it.) and while I myself got myself Argent Dawn exalted and thus free Naxx attunement, people would just not do the attunement even in BC so I never saw more than a few trash mobs of the place.

I'ma farm so hard and blow so much gold on the Black Market AH, gonna get my t3.
90 Dwarf Warlock
05/28/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Schwert

If the bidcap is goldcap, then what's the issue?
84 Human Death Knight
05/28/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Schwert

Good. Raise the bidcap to the gold cap and lets get even more money out of the economy. More people dropping their entire gold savings on a rare mount is a good thing
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What is wrong with this community? When classes aren't balanced, when entire classes / specs are being sat out of raids because a different one is more useful to bring... Not a single person threatens to quit.

When there's a chance that someone can get the same mount that someone else has... There's at least one person threatening to quit over it every day.
90 Pandaren Rogue
What is wrong with this community? When classes aren't balanced, when entire classes / specs are being sat out of raids because a different one is more useful to bring... Not a single person threatens to quit.

When there's a chance that someone can get the same mount that someone else has... There's at least one person threatening to quit over it every day.

They get a massive ego boost when they can hold things over other people's heads in a video game. They can't stomach the thought of someone being able to obtain the things that make them special and unique. In OP's case he prob got the kills at bc level not original level. Seeing as how he got his TF earlier this year.
90 Dwarf Warlock
05/29/2012 05:42 AMPosted by Quint
i will never leave.

I would miss you too much. You are my ray of sunshine in these gloomy forums.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Mim's head, if you appear, you...are...mine
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]