Ekàlb's book corner

90 Night Elf Hunter
Here we are, going to discuss books. As a nerd, I know am slacking in this, but I just started reading "The Cystal Shard." This is a novel wittin by R.A. Salvatore and is the original story based around Drizzt Do'Urden. I did read the pre-quels first.

Amazing reads.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I also like the collected works of one Dr. Suess such good titles are:
Green eggs n ham
The cat in the hat
Theres a wocket in my pocket
^.^
Edited by Legendäry on 5/18/2012 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have read the Do'Urden series up to book seven so far. Indeed a wonderful series.

The Incarnation of Immortality is an amazing, highly-recommended series by Piers Anthony (creator/author of Xanth). The titles of the books, when put together, make an interesting run-on sentence that can tell you a lot about what you'll be reading.

"Seeker of Truth", the books behind the TV show. Written by Terry Goodkind. Usually I don't like to start new things (books, music, TV) unless I know a bit about what I'm getting into (i.e., I've been a 3.0/3.5 D&D fan for years before I started reading the Legend of Drizzt). But with this series, I randomly selected a book at Barnes and Noble and now I'm absolutely hooked. Tried to watch the TV series after I read the first five books. Struggled to keep watching through the first season. Surprised it even got a second. May as well be two different things - the books versus the show. Just a warning. ^_^
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Druid
One of my favorite series is The Death Gate Cycle by Margarette Weis and Tracy Hickman. I even went so far as to write it out for D&D 3.5 and ran my gaming group through the entire story.

Was a lot of work, but was worth it since I got to show more people about the world(s) I enjoyed reading about.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mm, gotta love some Margaret Weis.
I particularly enjoyed the "Star of the Guardian" series she did.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The only Weis and Hickman I have read was Dragonlance. I read some of the other authors works on the Dragonlance series, and they do not even compare. I have been thinking about reading that series "The Dwarves"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Your mention of Dragonlance reminds me of the Dragonriders of Pern.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Never heard of Dragonriders of Pern. I tend to like the older authors: Tolkien, R. E. Howard.H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Rice Burroughs, C.S. Lewis, JULES VERNE, and some of the newer guys. Salvatore, Terry Brooks, Weis/Hickman.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I couldn't, personally, get into Pern. It was done by Anne McCaffrey. 22 books.

Terry Brooks...was that the Shannara series?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Why yes, yes it was/is.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
mmm, books. I'm currently reading Dune. I've had it for years and finally decided it was time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The Shannara series reminded me too much of LotR - and considering I'm unhealthily obsessed with LotR, I just couldn't read them without comparing the two unfairly. (I also tried reading them right after the first movie came out so I was super hyped.)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
We were raiding the other day, and a guildie queued up in vent for like 3 seconds and Freya picked out the music in the background, and was all 'you're watching LotR and they are in the bar yadda yadda'. From 3 seconds of music. Obsessed is an understatement.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think one of my Officers just threw my geekiness under a bus. >_<' XD
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Only because we love you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Nothing wrong with being a geek.

Girls that are true geeks get +100 to their sex appeal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Purchased some novels by Edgar Burroughs and 20,000 leagues under the sea. Anyone read of these?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I use to read everything I could get my hands on but have moved more into biographies, memoirs, and anything related to the medical field. Hard to find good suggestions on most of those genres.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]