Ekàlb's book corner

93 Night Elf Hunter
I have never even heard of Game of Thrones (Until the show came out) is it low-fantasy or high?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I'm on the first book, so the fantasy level is still low... I was told by the second book I'll see more mystical stuff that they don't show on the tv.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I am almost at the end of reading " The search for God and Guinness".

I've really enjoyed it.
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Hunter
I just finished Streams of Silver and am now on The Halflings Gem, both by R.A. Salvatore.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
You're behind! Then again, I lost the one I was on and can't find it again to restart. I have Siege of Darkness sitting here, waiting. Can't bring myself to skip.
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Hunter
Looks like it is time for you to go on Amazon. You can get them for under a dollar usually.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've started rereading the Riftwar Saga again... so right now is "Magician's Apprentice" :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
So since we're talking about books, I'm curious, who here uses an ereader? I bought a Nook about 3 months ago and love love love it! It's awesome because the books themselves are cheaper, plus Googles library of public domain books is huge. I do miss holding a physical book with pages, but the pros to ebooks far outweighs paper books imo.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
I honestly have been asked many times "Why not get an e-reader" and I just can't part with the physical manifestation of books. I love going into a bookstore, I love feeling the books...and this is sounding creepy. XD
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Hunter
Freya, will you marry me? I am with you 100% on that. Everything these days is electronic (don't get me wrong, i love me some technology) and I feel it is nice to have something that will work no matter what (as long as I am not blind). The feel of a book, the smell, something that will last forever if properly taken care of. Even if we have an apocalypse, books will survive.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
06/20/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Barcelogirl
I'm on the first book, so the fantasy level is still low... I was told by the second book I'll see more mystical stuff that they don't show on the tv.

I just finished the 5th book (A Dance with Dragons, the story is not done yet).

Even though more fantasy elements pop up in later books, Magic still retains a sense of mystery and awe while the fantasy creatures feel that they are a [believable] part of the world.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
Bumping to the top so Nimtix can find this thread.
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Hunter
I see my marriage proposal was shot down :(

I am bout to finish "The Legacy"
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
You can blame Kasih. Sorry, Ekàlb. I just didn't have the words to tell you that I'm madly in love with a mage.
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Hunter
Kashi the cereal?

Edited for typo !@#$.
Edited by Ekàlb on 7/16/2012 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
so I just Googled Ceral wondering what it was, and now I know that it's an a Engineered Coatings company.
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Hunter
http://images.raccoon357.multiply.com/image/1/photos/upload/300x300/SiigbQoKCsEAAEGX-WM1/Typo-cop.jpg?et=av7iyRcVEkTh7MkE%2CK7xNQ&nmid=0
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
Ekàlb, welcome to dealing with Kasih.

And I'm totally just bumping this to get slightly more meanwhile boards at the top of the list.
And so I don't have to scroll to see if it was updated.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Love warhammer 40k book. Horus heresy novels.

grahm mcneil and c.s. goto are amazing authors!!!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Recently reread Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. Remember reading it as a kid in 3rd or 4th grade (almost 20 years ago...) and absolutely loved it. Not the most complex book but a good read nontheless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]